Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

In 2010, the disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman grabbed headlines across the nation. Now, more than three years later, the case remains unsolved. Kyron’s divorced parents, Kaine and Desiree, say they have long been suspicious of his stepmother, Terri, who was the last known person to see Kyron alive. But she’s never been named a suspect or a person of interest by police. Shortly after Kyron’s disappearance and new allegations about Terri arose, Kaine and Desiree presented a united front with the goal of finding their son. But just a few months later, the two stopped communicating. In an exclusive interview, the parents reunite for the first time on Dr. Phil’s stage. Hear why Desiree and Kaine say they believe Terri may know more than she’s admitting. What do they think may have happened to Kyron -- and why? And, are the parents willing to put aside past differences and work together again? Plus, Pastor Angel Arroyo assisted in the search for three young women who were found in Ohio nearly a decade after they vanished. He has a message of hope for Kyron’s parents -- and the parents of other missing children.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Apr 15, 2014, 11:51PM
As I said in a different post, Kyron looks like his left arm is missing in that picture- I think she killed him in the morning and then went to the school to take a picture to photoshop Kyron into. Why haven't the police noticed that his left arm is completely missing in that picture?

Replied By: kichi_momoko on Dec 9, 2013, 3:36AM
What a pathetic excuse for a father was Kaine!  The mother, whilst she had made her mistakes and was paying the price in guilt, was proactively searching for her son and trying to find out what happened. On the other hand, the father was doing the opposite--nothing, and in fact, seemed to be hindering the process.  I do not believe that he did not see that the stepmother did not like the boy. Of course he saw. It was just inconvenient for him to admit it.  He would have seen the little boy suffering with the stepmother but chose to do nothing. And when he was asked,  instead of admitting he had made mistakes, all he could do was deflect and say that little Kyron didn't want to go to his mother's place either.  I am surprised Dr Phil wasn't tougher on this man, who didn't give a rat's a---e about how Kyron felt.  He wasn't there emotionally for his son.  Dr Phil was wrong to say that the two parents  should get together to talk about Kyron. It was obvious from the father's actions that any attempt would have been fruitless and would have lead to more frustration and anger. Communication with such a twat would be like banging your head against a brick wall. I can totally understand the mother not speaking to him for three years.  The father wasn't going to admit ANYTHING-- either about the boy or about the ex-stepmother . He wouldn;t admit to knowing about her alcoholism, her hatred of the child, her unhappiness in the marriage, her emails, little Kyron's unhappiness. What planet was he living on?.  He was in denial and a complete dickhead. Sorry for the language. I feel sorry for little Kyron having such an absent father and an unloving and stupid stepmother. God bless you Kyron.

Replied By: strine on Dec 8, 2013, 10:26PM
Did Kyron have his left arm missing? Because in that picture his left arm isn't there (and it would be impossible to bend your arm above the elbow joint and have your arm behind your back. I think she killed him in the morning and then panicked knowing she needed to find an alibi.

I bet she went in there taking pictures until she got one she could photoshop him into (she's not very good at it if you enlarge the picture). My sympathies to Kyron's Mum because it must be hard living not knowing where your little guy is. I hope this case is solved soon because the police should notice the photoshopping job. I hope Terri gets hers.

He was let down by his playboy father who thought his own wants were more important than looking after his child HIMSELF. Terri was a convenient - resentful- babysitter and that is all.

Replied By: goldenbeach on Dec 8, 2013, 10:24PM - In reply to marn6942
What are you talking about?

Replied By: truth4justice on Sep 30, 2013, 1:16PM
This case is so unbeleivable how 2 people  can sit and convict another through social media. All we have to base ToTerri's so called guilt on is the words of her soon to be ex husband and his ex wife!  Its there way or no way with the media if they arent a teamplayer on their side no story!  Who does that and gets away with it?  There is no evidense she did this Dede been cleared but we don't see that in the media now do we?  I am highly suspicious of people who point fingers and control whats brought out in the media. There is so much more to this case than we know.  I would bet  even the Dr Phil show had stipulations put on them of what couldn't be discussed by both of them. What i cant wrap my head around is these bio parents have had more oppertunitys on national spotlight to talk about KYRON but its always about them. I could care less who slept with who. This is about KYRON not the dirty laundry. This case is riddled with revenge from the past!  I want to hear about KYRON not anyone else. Put up or shut up about Terri unless you can prove real evidense exists and that in my opionion comes from law enforcement not the bio parents! Not once have I heard a plea for Kyron. many missing cases have had the wrong person accussed and has hurt the investigations and ruined their lives.  We have constitutional rights thank God for a reason and in his case I am glad they are there as welll as for all the familys who have missing loved ones and have been wrongfully accussed!

Replied By: talithag on Sep 21, 2013, 6:32PM
I don't believe Kaine. There is no way that he was as oblivious to his former wife's feelings toward his son.

I hope that Kyron is found. It seems that Kaine is more concerned about making himself look better than in being honest. Kaine made me very angry. It was as if he wanted to behave as if he and Kyron's mom are on equal footing. The truth is, he was living with a woman that did not care for his son and had been neglectful of all of the children. She was passed out on the sofa instead of supervising and caring for the children (by his own admission).

I don't believe what he has to say and I am very angry at the way he is trying to share blame with Kyron's mother as opposed to dealing with his own neglect of his son. Shameful

Replied By: alanameza on Sep 19, 2013, 10:07AM - In reply to tbonet
I understand now that if law enforcement arrests Terri without enough evidence, she can be released and they can never try her again in court (I understand now why they haven't already arrested her even though they probably know she did something with Kyron). They don't want to risk her getting by with doing something with Kyron, although I feel they will eventually get enough evidence to bring her to justice at least I pray they will. Also, why didn't the mother have custody of Kyron--why did that  Dad get custody of him when all he wanted to do was work and didn't care how his new wife treated Kyron. The Mom is a loving Mom she she should had Kyron in the first place not the Dad---he acted too irresponsible about his precious son. I pray for Desiree that she gets justice for Kyron very soon.

Replied By: angiecoop7 on Sep 19, 2013, 10:07AM
I pray they find this little boy.  As a parent I don't know how I could survive something like this.

Replied By: rochestergal on Sep 19, 2013, 8:13AM
This whole situation is so awful on so many accounts.  Obviously, the stepmom knows something and the laws are protecting her, not Kyron.  Hopefully after today's show law enforcement or a better attorney can bring justice to Kyron.  They need to bring in all investigative new people, because the current ones are not doing a good enough job.  On the other hand, what a mess this family is!  It is my opinion that Kane is the impetus for all of this trouble, cheating on Desiree and getting a divorce, being so uninvolved in his second marriage to the point that he does not know his wife has substance abuse problems, thinking his only role in the family was to make money and living in denial about his relationships with his ex wife and current wife.  Another thing that is puzzling to me is why does mom live 4 hrs away from the Kyron, that is alot of distance away from her child.  Divorce really did this family in.

Replied By: tbonet on Sep 18, 2013, 11:21PM
I do not understand why Terri is not a person of interest.  Why was she not put in jail for conspiracy to commit murder.  She was trying to hire a hit on her husband.  Kaine said earlier on in the show that he did not have knowledge that Terri did not like Kyron yet he said after the disclosure that she tried to hire someone to kill him, he said that Terri did not like him or Kyron, so did he have prior knowledge?.  He seemed to withhold the truth which may be why Desiree said she would maintain contact if he was truthful.   To me the email saying it is going to happen on Friday, (her leaving Kaine) is code for what the was already pre-arranged.  Maybe hurting Kyron. How was this email obtained?    And her driving around rural roads with her daughter,  was it her daughter, her, another person and Kyron.    It is hard to even type these thoughts.   And the picture in the classroom, someone else could have taken it with her phone. When the pieces don't jive it because the person is covering a lie.        I totally feel that Terri is the main person of interest .  I want to see our tax payer money put to good use by putting her away for  life.

Showing 1-10 of total 144 Comments