Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

In Part 2 of this Dr. Phil exclusive, Casey and Sandy -- the adoptive parents of missing 15-year-old Erica Parsons -- continue to explain their side of their daughter’s disappearance. What happened to the teen? And, why wasn’t she reported missing until nearly two years after she was last seen? Police say the couple has not been cooperating with the investigation -- but they maintain their innocence. Dr. Phil enlists the help of polygraph expert Jack Trimarco. A polygraph test is administered -- don’t miss the results!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: ameliaisland on Nov 12, 2013, 2:12PM
Sandy and Casey Parsons, the adoptive parents of missing Rowan County teenager Erica Parsons, will be in court on Tuesday  (November 12, 2013) in an effort to try & regain custody of thier two yougest children.

Replied By: ameliaisland on Nov 5, 2013, 9:42PM
I felt so terribly sorry for this child after watching this pair of ignorant people spew thier lies on national television.  One of two things have more than likely happend to that beautiful child. She has been dead for over two years or the story about McDonalds held a partial truth.....they could have sold her online and handed her off to the buyer at that location.  I feel like the truth will surface soon & unlike Casey Anthony I sincerely feel that North Carolina will prosecute these two low life scumbags to the fullest exent of the law. I can already visualize Sandy and Casey wearing prison clothes for the rest of thier natural lives. I would say that my prayers are with her loved ones but unfortunately she did not seem to have anyone who did love and care for her until now.

Replied By: orangeyellow on Oct 1, 2013, 4:25AM - In reply to deblynch2
Has any further news come out of this story ?

Replied By: orangeyellow on Oct 1, 2013, 4:11AM
Hi all, I live in Austraila have watched the show today it was all about " Missing or murdered". It was part 2 and the end of the story. So I'm wondering since it may have been so some time ago that I aired in America, has Erica been found or has the parents been charged ?????

Replied By: deblynch2 on Aug 25, 2013, 9:30AM
I truly believe the parents sold this girl and she is either dead or in the sex slavery. The FBI needs to check bank account records thoroughly for a large sum of money deposited at the time she went to visit "nan"

Replied By: upsydasy on Aug 24, 2013, 11:30AM - In reply to cocosurf
Probably due to the national attention brought on by The Dr. Phil Show, I was happy to learn earlier this morning that the community has rallied around Erica.  A candlelight vigil attended by about 200 people was held in front of her former home and billboards will be going up showing her photo and asking the public with information to contact the authorities.  Also, because of the ongoing investigation into her disappearance a judge has decided that the Parsons’ youngest children will not be allowed to return to the couple’s home. 

Replied By: danielled on Aug 23, 2013, 7:55PM
ALSO I was curious... if they did the drop off at mc donalds, usually with all the mc donalds I have seen in my travels (which I have driven with my parents to and from New York-California) there is usually surrounding stores (i.e. gas station, walmart, wendys, or something else!!! you hardly ever see a mc donalds that is NOT by any other business) thus there must have been surveillance cameras.... this should be looked into if it hasn't already, this would be interesting to find if any of the 3 drop offs, records them driving by with the daughter or seeing the daughter get into a car with another and from their pull license plates... 
Praying for this childs safety and justice to be made,
these parents need to be imprisoned for negligance and fraud.

Replied By: danielled on Aug 23, 2013, 7:40PM
This show really irritated me today, how can parents be so naïve to the fact they have not heard from their child for over 2 years!!! Are we being serious right now??? I am 24 years old, if I do not call my parents at least once a week or if they do not hear from me, it is basically like ‘call the search party’. I am not a parent but this is ridiculous trying to put myself in their perspective to maybe understand where they were coming from, but there is not a thing they said that made sense. I just don’t understand how these parents can be this blind to think their child is safe and sound with this “Nan” lady when they have not spoken to either her or the daughter over this long of a time period. I know I am not a professional, but I do not believe what the mother is saying to be true; and why was she referring to her daughter in the past tense, also is the mother and father still collecting money for Erica? If so, the state should jump on that so fast and at minimum convict them of fraud.

I just pray to God this little girl is still out there safe and unharmed.  

Also I was curious, was there more recent photos (when she was  13 years old before she disappeared) because the pictures posted on the show she looked very young. . There is definitely more to this story that isn’t being told.

Replied By: cocosurf on Aug 23, 2013, 3:21PM - In reply to upsydasy
Me Too....It really sickens me how often these occurences are happening and for what? A $650 monthly check? Poor girl really never had a chance from the beginning. I also wonder why her insurance company did not do a bi-annual review or DSS an investigation that really mattered. All too often people look for loopholes in the system. I am sure Casey is well versed in the Social Services arena. For DSS not to take a real close look with an investigation rather than a simple, 'Ill take your word for it'., so on and so on. Too many things working against this poor girl. Hope they interview the brother too.

In my opinion, I believe the girl was adpoted with special needs including FAS. I believe she was made to stay in a closet. I believe she was malnurished, kept in the dark. Never really educated at home and abused until she finally died. I believe the motive was money. I would not be suprised that she was sold for sex and used sexually by the family as well. This is just my opinion. Sick people everywhere in the World and she is one that would have continued to work the system and steal the spirits of other children. Glad she was reported, I am sure the son got out at the appropriate age and in retaliation for not getting his own cut of the money or meerly free and able reported the incident. 

I hope they would these two away forever and they get some foul treatment of their own in prison. No Inmate likes a baby killer!

Replied By: kimroykauer on Aug 23, 2013, 1:34PM
I am an avid Dr. Phil Watcher - very few times have I heard him say something about which he did not research.  On this show..... was one of them.

While I strongly believe that these parents had something to do with the dissapearance of Erica and that this "grandmother" does not exist, my opinion is about the homeschooling comments -

We live in Michigan - One of many states where Homeschooling is accepted.  HUGE numbers of support groups, Co-Eds - Lecture Groups and the like.

We need absolutely NO ONES permission to homeschool.  We report to NO ONE.  We are tested by NO ONE.  Most of our homeschools teach our children the same curriculum as in Public School - there are other groups called Unschoolers which teach by example and real world experiences. 

It is not for everyone however, it works for us.  You can actually pull your child from public school with a letter of intent - No other questions asked.  And guess what?  Most homeschoolers earn graduate degrees, (more than PS Students) Attend college earlier, dual enroll, and yes...they can get into most colleges with a Homeschool degree - no mandated testing - even the Armed Forces accept a HS degree now -

So PLEASE Dr. Phil - Don't relay what you are not certain about.  Regardless of what you might think -you know - and regardless of how you feel about homeschooling - not every state forces homeschoolers to report to anyone!~

Showing 1-10 of total 230 Comments