Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Jodi says her husband, Glenn, has been lying to her for years about his use of prescription painkillers. She says Glenn used to be an honest, hard-working husband and father, but now she claims he sneaks behind her back to see doctors and is only concerned about finding his next fix. Glenn says the pills are prescribed for a long-term back injury and that he’s not addicted. With their marriage crumbling around them, are Jodi and Glenn willing to work to save it? And, when Dr. Phil takes a closer look at Glenn’s prescription drug use, will the father of two reevaluate his level of dependency? And will he accept help? Then, Crystal says her husband was shot and killed by a man who he thought was a good friend. The gunman claims self-defense -- but was it? Crystal says the man hasn’t been charged, and she wants justice. And, Christine says she kept her father’s crime a secret for more than 25 years, but she recently revealed the truth to police. Why did she come forward, and why does she say it was the biggest mistake of her life?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Sep 5, 2013, 8:28PM
I can't believe his daughter at all. She said she felt guilty that she helped him fake his death and now she says she feels guilty that he's in jail and wishes she could "turn back the hands of time". PLEASE! Her father was a criminal (was he also committing crimes while hiding out?). What money was he living on? He was wanted for his role in a murder plot? Sounds like he should be serving every one of those 25yrs instead of the reduced sentence because he is using his age as an excuse- he would be out of jail by now if he would have done the time he earned in jail. Get over yourself Christine! Why isn't she sitting in a cell too?

Replied By: jaylbee on Aug 16, 2013, 8:21PM - In reply to labrat70
I really hope you will check back & see this because I have no other way of contacting you. I'm not Crystal, but I am Rocky's little sister. I would love to further update you on what's been going on as this mursee occurred 13 months ago. There is a page on Facebook titled "Justice for Rocky Buckley", it's not a private page you can go & like it & we update it frequently. there's mothat hats happened bc we taped this a month after the murder happened. you can also find me by searching Jamye Lynne Buckley on facebook. I would love to speak personally with you, as well. thank you so much for your prayers & I hope and pray to hear from you!!!!!

Replied By: samm123 on Jul 29, 2013, 10:22AM
Almost the same situation with my husband, when I saw this episode it really hit home...First off I don't blame the wife at all, if she is like me she has put up with years of mood swings etc...she stuck by her husband through rehab and I'm sure a lot of other issues, her husband needs some tough love isn't that what Dr. Phil preaches to parents?  I know my husband admitted he was addicted (this is when he didn't have any more pain killers left and obviously was miserable) he even called his doctor to see if he can get something to help with the withdraws but they never gave him anything for that, BUT, they did give him a new prescription for vicoden a week later???My husband also goes to a pain management place that gives him a prescription too. I blame the doctors especially these pain management places, hey they got to make a living right?  When my husband is taking these pills he says he's not addicted, but it very obvious he is.  I really feel bad for him.

Replied By: labrat70 on Jul 23, 2013, 10:59PM
Crystal, while you told the story of the tragedy that has fallen upon you and your family, there wasn't a dry eye in the audience, nor in my home. It was as thou one of my closest friends or family members was telling the story; you struck a chord with me, Hard. I think it took me 10 minutes to stop crying after listening to you attempting to mutter the detail of what had occurred. I felt such an overwhelming sense of empathy for you. And you said something so profound; "How can I go on with my life when half of me is gone?" I feel you're pain and I am sure many other can feel, and how close to home that comment is for so many. I hope you do get your family into the care that the show is providing for you. I am sure there are lots of folks out there willing to help in anyway they could. Hopefully you have a good form of support from family and friends to help you get thru this horrible time. I wish there was something I could do for you, but since I can't send you a big bag of money, or a mental health professional to you, bring the shooter to justice, or even send you a card because your info is kept private, but what I will do is pray for you and your children as well as send you my most deep heartfelt condolences. Take care of yourself Crystal.

Replied By: labrat70 on Jul 23, 2013, 10:31PM - In reply to bigmamas52
I feel your pain! (no pun intended) As a psoriatic arthritis patient, there is only SO much surgery will do for you, if anything at all. It pisses me off that ignorant spew their venom upon chronic pain patients for using pain meds when they have no conception of what life is like for these folks without meds. HOW DARE YOU? Just because you use pain meds DOES NOT mean you are a JUNKIE! DUH!

Glenn, if youre reading this: I think your WIFE is the problem!

Replied By: tcteddy69 on Jul 19, 2013, 4:08AM
I watch your show all the time and as most do in life we all can agree or disagree with a topic you are doing. However I have never wanted to pick up the phone call you and tell you off till the show I watched with Glenn the husband on Secrets, Betrayals and shocking revelations.  You sat there telling this man that it was his fault that doctors are giving him these meds for legitimate pain he started to have and seems to still be having.  I have written you begging for your help and Robin's for  years  asking for help. I have Kaiser and they will NOT do anything to help me with my back and only give me narcotics.  My mother and sister have the same problem. My mother and I are the worst however she can stand loner than I can.  Back in about 2008 or before I ended up with phenomena and hurt my back and got to where I could only walk about 10 feet and had to sit down. Kaiser told me for 3 years it was a sprain. I had worked my ass off jumping  through the hoops they make patients go through to get the lap band surgery and had just lost the 10% weight I had to loose to get it before hurting myself. Then of course gained it all back plus more because I could not walk. After 3 yrs they finally did an MRI and said I had herniated discs but they would not do anything because of my weight, at that time I was back up to a over 350 or more. I found one doctor who did epidural shots in my back to stop the numbing of my leg and hip. No other doctor said it could be done but he took x-rays and notes with every step to show it could because he was leaving Kaiser. They refuse to give me those again. I ended up going into such a depression that I have now lost the best job I could have ever dreamed of with the best company and the perfect boss and now on disability. Kaiser has told I need water therapy but will not help me get it nor write a referral for me to go somewhere and get it. Now all these years later the pain is in my right hip so bad that I can't stand or walk for more than 2 minutes. I am on 10ml Valium and 20 mlg of Norco every 4 to 6 hours a day. I am bed ridded and my severely ADHD son who is 16 has had his life ruined by me since about 12 years of age because he has to cook clean and do all the things I should be doing. I live in a mobile home that I can barely move through and is destroyed because he could not keep up on the house.  Do I want to take all these pills hell no I want my life back. I don't want to be in bed 24/7. I don't want to sleep all the time, have migraines, cry some mornings because I actually woke up.  I may have always been a big girl but I was active and strong physically mentally and emotionally. Not anymore. Kaiser will not even test my hormones which is what I wrote Robin about many times. They say they change by the hour so they do not test them but just gave me Estrogen which made the migraines worse so I went off of them.  Does talking that much narcotics take the pain away, NO but it helps some. Has my body gotten used to them yes cause in reality I have been on Vicodin since 14yrs old because of a horned uterus that it took till I was 19 for them to find and figure out and fix.  I agree there are people who go pill hopping to doctors but this Glenn did not do that he was taking them for pain. I can't say (as you said) if there was real pain without knowing real work up by MRI's ect. But I can you that I know what it is like to need the meds and not want them.  I am now over 400 pounds because I can't walk or do anything. This from someone who used to bench 250.  So if  you were going to attack him the way you did maybe you should have gotten the facts from a real doctor to see what is really wrong before going on the defense with him.  I pray that someone would help me and look into why my right hip hurts so bad I cant stand. I pray that I could be that strong woman and mom again but it is not going to happen because Kaiser has given up on me and I have no other repercussions.  My son has dreamt of being a marine biologist since the age of 4 and I have no idea how I am going to get him to college now in 2 years w/o my job or be able to live on my own even if I could. You have no idea how scared I am to crush his dream because my health is so screwed up and I can't get any help to fix me except her take these f------ pills.

Replied By: coryjb72 on Jul 18, 2013, 9:07PM
"Nobody deserves to live in pain and agony on a daily bases" you say. I will believe that when I don't feel that anymore.

Cory Bell

Replied By: karen8944 on Jul 18, 2013, 8:39PM
Dr. Phil, I watch you every day, I have been a fan since you started on Oprah, you, your family, and Robin are some of my most favorite people, you really helped me through my journey,  16 years ago, 1997, I was almost killed by a drunk dirver, she ran into me 3 times, I was the pedestrian at the back of my son's van, she came around the corner hit me, backed up two more times for a total of three hits, my right leg went over the trailer hitch, it died at the scene, I was investigated as a fatal, I died twice, had 3 complete blood transfusions, my ribs were all broken, punctured my lungs and I was drowning in my blood, and bleeding out, I was airlifted to our trauma center, the fablous Harborview, spent almost a month in a coma, 2 months in re-hab, went home, to stay in a hospital bed for a year, 28 surgeries, in a wheel chair for 5 years, it took me 10 years to be able to start walking again, even though they said I would never, I forgave the lady before I met her, she came to my home to apologize, I did not want her to go to jail, if everyone would just read what you wrote about Forgiveness and bleieve there is a God, and really get it, their lives would be so great, my life is absolutely wonderful, I healed with humor, family, friends, and now I give back, I help amputee's, I speak at schools, about DUI's,  I speak to DUI offenders,  military bases, work places, I am very involved in our legilsative process in Wa, I have been there every year for the last 15.5 years, for DUI issue's, and also to help people understand, that some people have addictions, and they do need to get help, and not be in jail, that is not the answer or the solution. I grew up in the Project homes, in an Alcoholic, Domestic Violence, Sexual Abusive childhood, I remember saying as a child I do not think that is what I want to do when I grow up, I never knew my real father, my Mom nursed me the first year out of the hospital, she had quit drinking 14 years prior to my crash, she really did the best she could do with what she had been handed, I am so thankful that she was in my life the last 3 years of hers, I watched her die in my garage in the year 2000, I still cry and miss her every day, she asked me to forgive her for my childhood, I told her that she did not need to ask forgiveness, as I loved her uncondiitonally, and I knew she loved me, I am 66 years young, addictions are devastating, back in those days, there was not a lot of resources for women, and no one talked about it, she did take us kids and leave my step-dad a lot, but he was an alcoholic also, a control freak, a pervert, but I have also forgiven him, many years ago I did, I had to let it all go, that is what I have done my entire life, I believe that God allows us to go through things, to help us help others,  I want you to know that I have chronic pain, I have had it since the crash, I do have to take 2- 3 or 4- 5mg's each of Oxycodone every night before I go to bed, because of the "Phantom Pain",and other pain issue's, I was never a pill taker, I was in the work force for 35 years before all of this, in mgt for 28 yrs, always had jobs where I used my legs, always very active, I am very healthy, I go to my doctor every 3 months, the same doctor I have had since this all started, my meds are used to manage my pain, it never goes away, it does not make me goofy, or sleepy, or make me feel weird, I cannot take any of the other kinds of pain meds like, percoset, or Hydrocodone, because just one of those knocks me out cold for about 8 hours and I feel really weird when I wake up, I did have all of my teeth pulled about 8 months ago, and the dentist prescribed Tylenol with hydrocodone, and I was pretty much a blubbering idiot for the 4 days I took them, I do not like that feeling, in WA, we have a pain registry that tracks our doctors, and pharmacies, most of our hospitals, and clinics in WA require that we do a UA once or twice a year, I am OK with that, as there is nothing in my system that is not prescribed by my doctor, I will tell you that sometimes the Phantom Pain gets so bad, that I have actually spent 3 to 7 days in bed, and just keep bouncing my stump up and down on my bed as the electrical shocks are going through my foot that is not there, on a scale of 1-10 my pain is at about 4.5 to 5 every day, I have never abused them, what I worry about is there are people who are like myself, who follow our doctors orders and live good lives, I know at times what causes my bad flair ups, and then there are times I can be going along and all of a sudden, I am down, I do not get sick very often, but when I do, my pain level goes up to a 20 it is off the charts, I am very positive and upbeat just about everyday of my life, I have been a Peer Counselor for Amputee's for a number of years, as a volunteer, I volunteer at an alcohol and drug facility, to help people get their lives back on track,  I volunteer to talk with our Veterans who have come back from the war, who are amputee's, I volunteer in the School of Medicine in the Prosthetic Department every Jan, Feb, Mar, to help test new knee's, and allow students to use my stump to learn how to make sockets, put legs together, and how they need to talk to amputee's when they get out of school and start working, so my life is really blessed, if we could just figure out this Phantom Pain stuff and fix it.   Forgiveness is a gift that God has given us, to help us move on with our lives and help others, thank you for all you and Robin do, please do not ever leave:))!! Karen

Replied By: drbradnkaren on Jul 18, 2013, 7:03PM - In reply to hairlessrn
I really appreciate the response to this show.   I was very upset by Dr. Phil's response to taking these medications.  While this guy did seem to be an addict, he did not exhibit any of the emotions  a chronic pain patient has about these medications and the need or opportunity to discontinue their use.   I have seen many neurologists, anesthesiologists and therapists hoping to find a drug free solution to having RSD.  I have had over 20 sympathetic nerve blocks, two knee replacements, and had a spinal stimulator installed hoping beyond measure I would have the relief to discontinue the use of the medications.  I go to ONE pharmacy, see doctors who all communicate with each other and take my recommended dosage even when I am writhing in pain so I am always above board with my commitment to following doctors orders.  My husband is a doctor and my pharmacy knows so there is no confusion on whether he called or wrote a script for me.  His character is very important and I have never asked him to prescribe, only drive to the ER when I need help.  Here would never overstep his boundaries, but we are transparent to everyone involved in my care.  This guy, in my humble opinion was just given a lottery ticket for care most of us would give anything for!  A consult with a leading surgeon and help with withdrawing from meds he caused himself an addiction to?  If he ever met a CRPS patient he would realize what real pain looks like...  I sure appreciate the person who responded with the 40 years of experience...  Thank you for sticking up for those of us who don't have an alternate therapy available

Replied By: fibro50 on Jul 18, 2013, 2:27PM - In reply to stace77
Not everyone is a candidate for surgery, everyones body is different and some Drs. are better than others.  Your husband is lucky count your blessings.  Why are you commenting for your husband can't he respond about how he feels?  Hopefully it's like you have commented.

Showing 1-10 of total 55 Comments