Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 05/16/13) Courtney says her sister, Christie, had it all -- beauty, brains and a promising future as an athlete -- until a series of bad decisions changed the course of her life. She says Christie has been arrested multiple times for crimes, including theft, DUI and prostitution -- and even made national headlines for her involvement in a celebrity sex tape scandal. While Christie served three years behind bars, Courtney raised Christie’s son, Quincey, now 7, and even tried -- but failed -- to get temporary custody of the boy. Christie has since left her son with her parents while serving probation in another state. She admits to her past indiscretions but says she's a good mother, and plans to take Quincey back. Courtney claims that Quincey has told her shocking stories about life with his mom, and she believes Christie is still an unfit mother. Who does Dr. Phil think should be caring for the boy? And, can these sisters unite for the best interests of the child? Plus, Courtney reveals a secret Christie has been keeping. Will it ruin their relationship for good?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: jewelyyy on Sep 2, 2013, 3:10PM
I was very surprised and disturbed to hear Dr. Phil stating that the child is ALWAYS better off with the bio parent. Many young people today having children are drug addicted or have questionable histories that make them unfit for parenthood. My experience with my son and his wife is one example. My grandchildren have been repeatedly neglected and suffered emotional abuse and heard and seen very inappropriate behaviors from their parents. Most recently my daughter-in-law stated she thinks all day long about doing heroin. I am left to supervise her young children while she is in this state of mind. She is clearly unable to make good choices for her kids.  Child protective services will NOT remove these children from their bio parents. Chronic drug abuse causes damage to the brain. It is very scary to know that children are in harm's way every day and our society still believes this myth about bio parents being best. I felt that the sister and the parents were offering a stable home for the little boy in the show. He is clearly better off with them.

Replied By: loyalalways on Aug 31, 2013, 1:54AM - In reply to oldschool102
I watched this show when it aired a month or two ago. For some reason, where I live, they showed yesterdays show again today instead of this show. But, I wanted to add something to your post.

Not only that, while she's saying "oh that's in the past", etc., etc., expecting people to forget anything that Courtney brought up, but she kept bringing up how her sister was so mean to her when they were kids. They were KIDS then. Why can't Courtney bring up things that Christie did not that long ago, yet, she's allowed to bring up her childhood? She doesn't want to take accountability. She'd rather blame someone else for her transgressions. She needs parenting classes and should thank Courtney for stepping in and doing what SHE was supposed to do. I didn't think that Courtney was condescending to Christie at all. She's trying to help her.

Replied By: justmepat1954 on Aug 30, 2013, 10:27PM
I wish  Dr. Phil would make an educational DVD for the children in schools for all ages. A DVD, to teach them how to conduct themselves, how to speak to one another. How young men and women should know there boundaries.  We must as adults start to help our children, do not forget they are the future for the United States.  politicians and their conduct is out of control.  There is no longer any respect for one another.

Replied By: loyalalways on Aug 30, 2013, 10:00PM - In reply to jeanharsen
I'm sorry that things were so tough for you. That isn't fair to you at all. However, you are wrong about adoption. I know a lot of people who are adopted and they have wonderful homes. Some of them don't even want to meet their biological parents. I do understand why you would think that, though because you've been treated so unfairly.

But, please don't label all adoptive parents with your parents. You were cheated, for sure. Did you ever think about going for conselling to help you put this behind you? You didn't do anytthing to deserve what you got. It must be such a heavy burden to carry that around all the time. You don't deserve that. You deserve happiness. Don''t give them the satisfaction of thinking that they hurt you. You have a good husband and beautiful children. You also have a good job. That's the best revenge you can give them.

I am so happy that  you were able to find your birth mother and that you have a good relationship with her. Your mother really did what she thought was best for you when she gave you up for adoption. Going by what you've said about her, I know that she would never have put you up for adoption had she known. Most children find a good home with adoption. But, sadly, there's good and evil in all walks of life.

Replied By: mjobmi on Aug 30, 2013, 9:42PM
I watch this show with my wife that is more and more in disageement with Dr Phil, tonight was the best.

The biological mother is not by proxiy the best choice. Multiple crack babies and unwanted pregnancies will prove this point. Stop with the "Life Code sell"  it is not new and not relevent. These sister will except your help but will never change their positions.
In this case the birth mother is not only a multiple loser she is ready to bring another unintended child into this world.

Replied By: smacg76 on Aug 30, 2013, 6:58PM - In reply to rochestergal
The girls' mother should have taught big sister how to behave, specifically, to be kind to her younger sister.  This was not just an oversight.  Mother invited big sister to "disciipline" her little sister, and permitted Christie's repeated humiliation by Courtney.  Now both young women have to live with that, repair their relationship and, in Christie's case, repair herself, if only for the sake of two children who did not ask to be born.  I hoped that Dr. Phil would point that out.  It would help to educate many parents.

Replied By: loyalalways on Aug 30, 2013, 6:14PM
Did anyone else have the wrong show today? In Canada, Alberta anyway, they showed yesterday's show again today, for some reason. I thought that maybe it didn't tape today, but it did. I have 2 taped shows for yesterday; the one I taped yesterday and the one that taped today. I'm just curious if it did that anywhere else?

Replied By: bajemo on Aug 30, 2013, 6:03PM
Here's a message to all young women out there.....
BIRTH CONTROL!!

It's a little late for Christie.

Replied By: bajemo on Aug 30, 2013, 5:56PM
Here's a message to all young women out there.....

BIRTH CONTROL!!!

It may be a little late for Christie.

Replied By: deblynch2 on Aug 30, 2013, 5:00PM - In reply to studentsmo
you are special no matter how your adoptive parents treated you. i am so glad you got to meet your mother. i too, agree that adoption is not always wonderful. i think it needs to be monitored better and not just let the adoptive parents do whatever they want to the children. sometimes, adoption can be a wonderful thing.sadly, i believe it is more bad than good. keep your chin up, you are a special and important person to God

Showing 1-10 of total 46 Comments