Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Dr. Phil speaks one-on-one with Ed, the father-of-three, whose wife of 22 years, Leah, was convicted of holding him at gunpoint and firing five shots at close range. Hear his account of what happened that fateful night and the courtroom drama that followed. What does he believe drove Leah to shoot him? And why did he refuse to testify against Leah in court? The couple has called off their divorce twice since the shooting -- how does Ed feel about Leah now? And, Ed is petitioning the court to release Leah early -- would he take her back? Then, hear from the couple’s 21-year-old daughter, Maria. Whom does she side with? Don’t miss part two of this gripping interview!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Jul 23, 2013, 10:00PM - In reply to maggiedrphil
Who cares if he said he loved someone else in a text? She cheated on him atleast 4 times that she admitted. She does not deserve to shoot him at all when she was cheating. I bet she told at least one of those 4 guys that she loved him. Lying about typing a text is not a "crime" punishable by death in America- Maybe in Iraq (and she'd be dead for cheating too).

Replied By: strine on Jul 23, 2013, 9:53PM - In reply to paulab12
She invited him because she planned to kill him- they sat and had a "friendly chat" until he felt comfortable there. Like the man who killed his "Las Vegas showgirl" girlfriend Deborah Flores-Narvaez (he invited her over for the same reason). What did she and her boyfriend have to gain through Ed's death? Life insurance? House? Must have been something if the ex police officer boyfriend did not leave his own family to be with her beforehand.

Replied By: strine on Jul 23, 2013, 9:49PM
Why did she get off with such a light sentence? What about the boyfriend who planned with her to kill her husband? Where are all the police statements from her and evidence that her husband stalked her and slashed her tyres etc? The boyfriend and her are a pair of sociopaths and I would never turn my back on either of them.

Replied By: paulab12 on May 17, 2013, 6:33AM - In reply to schaff
If she was so scared why invite him to her apartment?

Replied By: schaff on May 13, 2013, 7:47AM
Why did you let the husband off the hook.  He was entering her home and stalking her.  How could you just  gloss over that bit of information.  She was afraid.  I dont agree with the way she handled the situation but seriously, what is with the kid gloves for the ex husband?

Replied By: purepain on May 13, 2013, 6:45AM - In reply to tucsonhope
I was going to read this because, normally, I would take your side. I stopped reading at Jodi Arias. NOT the same thing!!!

Replied By: purepain on May 13, 2013, 6:42AM - In reply to novalex
Agreed.

Replied By: purepain on May 13, 2013, 6:39AM
   I can't believe that Dr. Phil seems SO on the husband's side. Has he not been successful enough to have someone try to destroy his well-being, family, job, and life on a constant basis?? The fact that he still wants her back, pretty much proves to me that he has been in control of her life, probably since they met.

Women who love their kids, not that I have any, do NOT involve police and the law in their abusive lives, if they can live with it,  because police, lawyers, and the law NEVER help the right people !!!!!

I have been abused. I have had my life ruined by two men. I have started from scratch many a time. It's the hardest thing to do without totally falling apart. To have kids, whom you want to have a 'family'.... I can only imagine. I tried to save someone else's kids once. Kids sometimes don't care what their parents do. I've seen men MURDER their WIVES and somehow STILL have their kid's sides.

He DIDN'T testify????? Did he not blame her????? But YOU do???

I choose to believe, and hope the law someday follows suit, that if you TAKE someone's rights, you don't deserve yours. Not like she did, of course......... BUT COME ON !!!!!!!   

Replied By: andiepie15 on May 11, 2013, 9:46PM
is spend any more time with someone who shot me in the face. 

:)  Andiepie17

Replied By: tbonet on May 11, 2013, 8:31PM
After seeing Ed, it appears that he is not truly sure about reuniting with Leah.    They both made mistakes in their marriage.  Leah did the ultimate betrayal, she could have killed Ed.    The best I would want it to be friends for my children.   Co parent friends only.   It would be hard for me to get past this.   Ed contributed to the breakdown of his marriage, yes, never should she have pointed a gun and then shot him.      Yes, forgive but Forget, no way.   And then her boyfriend Mark showing up at the scene with his wife dropping him off What? Did his wife know his feeling for Leah?   He would be bye bye in my book.    I liked what Dr. Phil had to say about Trust.  To me, I need Trust in the person I am in a relationship with.   I trust myself to handle the betrayal, I just need to know that this person would put my best interest before the betrayal.   If I am in a relationship I do not want the person to make me believe I am the only one if I am not.   I have always said up front, if you are seeing anyone else it is okay with  me, i will put my emotional breaks on and there is no hurt.   If I feel I am too involved with the person and can not deal with the situaltion I would leave entirely.  The person I am married too, there is no other person that should be in his heart.   I would only marry someone I am  99.9 percent a believer in him.  Lying does not belong in a marriage.

Showing 1-10 of total 60 Comments