Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 05/06/13) Mary claims her husband, Jesse, is abusive, unfaithful and controlling, and she feels like she’s living in a prison. She says he refuses to let her have a car, cell phone or friends and has not allowed her to leave the house in five months. She says they fight every day, and claims that during one brutal altercation, he punched her and fractured an eye socket, leaving her with a black eye for a month -- a claim he vehemently denies. Jesse says he’s not controlling, he’s just “containing the beast,” and that his wife needs to abide by his rules if she wants to stay married. He says he believes Mary got pregnant to trap him and the only reason he’s still with her is because of their three kids. Jesse says he discovered that Mary had an affair two years ago -- and now wonders if he’s even the father of their children. Mary says the affair was emotional, not sexual, and claims her husband’s treatment of her pushed her to do it. The couple admits their kids witness their fights and are often caught in the middle. Dr. Phil sends psychiatrist Dr. Charles Sophy to the couple’s home to dig deep into the core of their problems -- Find out what he uncovers. Are Mary and Jesse at risk of losing their kids? And, when the couple joins Dr. Phil onstage, can he help them bring peace to their chaotic union?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Aug 15, 2013, 9:15PM
So in a nutshell Jesse wants to continue being able to cheat on her while she stays at home and looks after the kids. Seems Jesse just wants her to be a live in babysitter with no life. Get rid of him because you can do better and he looks like your typical fat guy who lost weight and became a gym junkie to pick up women. I hope to never read about him killing her.

Replied By: rebeccahigh on Aug 1, 2013, 8:33AM - In reply to bluerabbit
Why would you wish a poor cat or dog to suffer at the hands of this maniac?

Replied By: mzv123 on Jul 31, 2013, 3:35PM - In reply to diamonddiva
I find it sad that when people believe that a bad childhood dooms a person. Of course counselling helps. As for your (diamonddiva) belief that "Abused/abusive adults will almost ALWAYS raise future victims or abusers", I know several people (including myself) who have done it without help or counselling.  I hope you realise at this point that you have made serveral wrong assumptions about me and others. I hope this inspires you to get healing for you and any children you may have.

I think that is what makes a true survivor.

Replied By: melindaross on Jul 30, 2013, 10:39PM
Both Jesse and Mary need extensive therapy, much more than Dr. Phil could give them in an hour. They are damaged souls and Mary, especially with her history of sexual abuse, may never be able to have a normal relationship. I do not think they ought to stay together. They feed on each other's weaknesses. I would suggest to Mary that she branch out on her own and stop depending on men or children for her happiness. She should seek treatment and then heal herself by counseling others with the same problem.

Replied By: melindaross on Jul 30, 2013, 10:35PM - In reply to drbobjones
I'm tired of hearing about Dr. Phil's book too, but I'm going to buy it next week. I'll post a review...

Replied By: auntiebeasley on Jul 30, 2013, 3:57PM
"my mom wasn't there for me". Grow up you wimp. Stop treating woman like crap. You are pathetic and make me sick. I hope your kids don't see this show and laugh at those pathetic my mommy didn't tears....

Replied By: lisavco on Jul 30, 2013, 3:52PM
I have never heard either of them say how much they love their kids. They have absolutely no solid foundation

both abused and both need separate counseling, lots of it, away from each other. I hope they help themselves and their kids turn out ok.

Replied By: sofia7 on Jul 30, 2013, 3:42PM
I have a situation I do not know what to do. My husband thinks  I had a affair  but even then for 25 yrs He never let me work he always checked the store reciets to make sure I was at the store when I was suppose to be. Bu tnow for the last 10 yrs I can not drive a car or have a cell phone I can have no friends any where I go he takes me.I can not have friends I can not even look at another man in the eye when we go places or instantly I know that person.He always used the kids as a chain on my ankle I never went any where with out them. But he has only kissed me 2 times in 25 yrs he does not do fore play and when I ask him to he says well go do it with your boyfriends. Oh he also says all these years raising 7 children that I have had hundreds of affairs like I would of had time. He also says some of the children are not his which they all are but he knows I have no money to prove other wise. Cause he has made it sure all these years that I have no money. I suppose I would kill him sometimes if I thought I cpould get away with it because I know he does not love me but wants to make sure no one else does either.

Replied By: canadianlaurel on Jul 30, 2013, 3:15PM - In reply to janetplanet3
I AGREE - WELL SAID!

I think Mary needs to have counselling for PTSD.  She has been traumatized for a long time and thus needs help to heal and get out of the loop.

Replied By: bluerabbit on Jul 30, 2013, 2:59PM - In reply to cheryl12750
Yes. You are right. He is not going to change. You are also right about Mary. Once she leaves that marriage things could get better--she should be careful though. That can be a very dangerous time.

Showing 1-10 of total 73 Comments