Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Julie says for the last two and a half years, she’s been living in fear of her boyfriend, Danny. She claims that Danny is verbally and physically abusive, tries to control her, isolates her from friends and family and monitors her every move. She says even a court order of protection didn’t stop Danny from stalking her at her job, causing her to be fired, and after apologies and promises to change, she took him back. She says she’s terrified of Danny’s angry outbursts, and is afraid that one day, he’ll go through with his threat to kill her. Danny completely denies being physically abusive with Julie but admits that he struggles with anger and jealousy, is scared that she will leave him and has “terrible tantrums.” He insists that he loves Julie and says, “The only way we are ever leaving each other is when we both die in our 80s.” Can Dr. Phil help Danny rein in his anger and controlling ways? Don’t miss this explosive two-part series!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: anyakarenin on Jun 19, 2014, 3:35PM
I believe many of us, myself included, often react in knee jerk fashion. Some of the comments on the board support this observation. Dr. Phil is SO suited for this line of career.....I wish everyone could find their place in this world as he has. The restraint he must show, to not allow personal feelings to the point that it will alienate the guests, no matter how far "gone" they appear- is so very commendable.

I don't believe it was mentioned who contacted Dr. Phil, but Danny showed up. Somehow Danny was going to convince everyone- a liar who always makes him look bad was going to somehow change & make him look good? No, somewhere in him is something commendable. The will to change & pretty painfully honest throughout.

"I'm always afraid", I'm scared to death", "I'm in fear","I hear voices in my head", "Nobody understands me, no one listens to me", painful to hear a fellow human in such turmoil. Upon Danny's own observations of the video footage he can seemingly clearly see "That's a man that needs help", "That's a crazy guy right there"...... "See what HE did to that soda bottle?!"

It goes without saying Julie was in a dire situation & I pray her life is now full & the road to recovery strong so she can be the best she can be. But my main point, if more of us could communicate to people in need of serious help, to not always judge so quickly as to shut them down so we appear unapproachable, this might just be to the betterment of humanity. I'm going to work on this as a personal mission :) For some reason I can see something salvageable in Danny, I don't often see that. I hope he & Julie have embraced help, having gone their separate ways to be productive, contributing, active, happy members of society. Thank you Dr. Phil

Replied By: whitepointer on Aug 13, 2013, 2:09AM - In reply to a1flirt
OMG!. Reality Check!

Replied By: whitepointer on Aug 13, 2013, 1:56AM
I have never been abused by a man like that and felt like getting up and turning the tv off whilst
I was watching the show about Danny and the way he abused his girlfriend. I was scared and I
was in western australia. That poor woman had plenty of guts to sit there and let him make
a complete idiot of  himself on national TV. I have watched plenty of Dr . Phil shows in my time
and that one stood out. Danny couldnt even contain himself in front of millions of people which shows
hes a very sick man. Obviously something has gone wrong in his childhood for him to display those
types of behaviours. Why, oh, why didnt he get help for his anger management issues when he was
in jail for 18 months due to the same behaviours. Im sure when he gets help he will sit back and
feel pretty stupid about his antics. I hope we gets some feedback on the woman though. Is she okay.
I hope Dr, Phil can update us.

Replied By: jewelllry on May 15, 2013, 3:27PM
After being in the exact same situation  in my life 15 years ago, and getting out.  I am now happy happy happy.  I am single and loving it.  Your life will improve.  Hang in there and God Bless.

Replied By: KateBauer on May 7, 2013, 8:46PM
I am so sorry you had to through such a terrible life.  I sat there really hating Danny, but then started feeling sort or sorry for him.  I knew he had to have serious issues, no healthy man would treat a woman or anyone that way.  I wish both of you luck.  Stay far away from each other and take all the help Dr. Phil has so   generously offered both of you.  Danny you must have had a terrible childhood to make you so disturbed.  I wish people would learn to be good parents before they had any children. The world would be such a better place.

Replied By: sugamama48 on May 3, 2013, 4:49PM
Dear Dr. Phil,

Please keep us posted about Julie and how she is doing, I'm so glad she stood up for herself.  Let her know that I'm so proud of her.  And her so call boyfriend was talking about he would just go back to one of his baby mamas, trust me they don't want him.   If any women in the New York or New Jersery area see this show they and see him they need to run and I mean run fast!!!   This man need some serious help and he shouldn't try to date any one until he get himself together because the way he is going he will be in jail!

Replied By: debra122 on May 3, 2013, 4:17AM
was wondering how julie is doing? hope she dont go back to that idiot....is she still underground....she was shaking through the whole show....i wish her the best:)

Replied By: krisrawk on May 2, 2013, 5:20PM - In reply to lucianvw
I bet you his mother/father were the ones that smashed his head in as a child so many times to make him go unconscious is why his brain causes him to behave that way....it was amazing to see him watch the video of himself, seeing a huge error in his character, and then being re triggered seconds later...it has to be a brain injury mixed with emotional abuse. I wish his backround was revealed....

Replied By: krisrawk on May 2, 2013, 5:17PM - In reply to lucianvw
I bet you his mother/father were the ones that smashed his head in as a child so many times to make him go unconscious is why his brain causes him to behave that way....it was amazing to see him watch the video of himself, seeing a huge error in his character, and then being re triggered seconds later...it has to be a brain injury mixed with emotional abuse. I wish his backround was revealed....

Replied By: yophil on May 2, 2013, 4:16PM
I empathize with how hard this must have before you and I thank Dr. Phil for helping you.  I'm a mental health counselor.  I usually do not comment on shows but in 2005 I worked in a DJJ facility and one of our counselors was shot to death by her husband before he killed himself. Her 9 year old daughter found them after school.  It can happen in any home...even mine.  My mother still lives with an abusive man.  Unfortunately the country I come from does not have the services that the US has and she has not found the strength you found ( I still pray one day she does And I saw a glimmer of strength when my younger sister passed away in a fire last sept.  She's been saying she was staying "for her".)  I am so proud off you Julie.  I realize it is so hard and so scary! Let us know how you're doing.   You are a ray of hope to all of us.

Showing 1-10 of total 218 Comments