Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 04/26/13) For nearly two years, Clint and Tracy say they’ve been living in constant fear of their 17-year-old daughter, Callie. They say that when she snaps, she becomes verbally and physically abusive -- and they have the shocking video to prove it. The concerned parents say the teen is also abusing drugs and sneaking out of the house at all hours to meet up with older men. Callie denies her parents’ accusations and tells a different story: She claims she’s happy and if there are problems, they’re caused because her parents are overprotective, overbearing and controlling. What does Dr. Phil think? Can he help broker an agreement to bring peace back into this hostile home? Plus, when the show ends, sparks fly backstage between Callie and her parents. Don't miss the dramatic outcome of this Dr. Phil!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: engineer72 on Aug 30, 2013, 6:51PM
Sending her away and embarrasing her on national television could have just cost them their daughter.

Regardless of how the parents portray it, it was very callous. Shouldnt a flag have been thrown when they said they have tested her roughly 50 times? No wonder she is angry with them...

I can really only trust that the situation is as real as we see in the edited 1 hour show. All I can say is that the exact same thing happened to me.

She needs help and someone (an adult) to talk to that she can trust. That's it. A non-judgemental friend. Although I'm sure she has numerous friends, she needs someone other than a peer to provide her with options and guidance, etc. She is crying out for help. I know all too well. I viewed the entire situation as a one-sided display of authoritative power by Phil and the parents. Your daughter NEEDS you to LOVE her and to SHOW her you LOVE her and trust her. So what do you do? Send her to some ranch?

She is clearly very articulate, intelligent, takes care of herself, gets good grades, and works. Many may disagree but I don't see Pot as a major threat to her future or well being. Should she be doing it? NO, but I wouldnt call her a dope-addict either. And let's be real people, I bet many of you have friends or relatives that smoke pot.

Anyone ever been to Colorado? That's all they do, glorify pot. And it was one of the most clean, beautiful, crime free states Ive ever visited.

Anyway, I had some issues that were very similar to Callie's when I was her age (17). My father whom I LOVED very much, turned his back on me and sent me away. I lost my friends, my social life, my girlfriends, never went to prom, and I was humiliated. I have not spoken to him in over 20 years. I know it's water under the bridge, but I have moved on. He lost a son who eventually went on to become an engineer and became very successful with a beautiful wife and a great life. And I was able to do those things not because I was sent away, but in spite of them.

Hopefully her family can reunite and they all learn to love each other and be happy.

Replied By: reneeh99 on Aug 30, 2013, 6:30PM
WOOOWWW... I just watched this show with my mouth wide open the entire time! This young lady, or should I say, " STUPID BITCH" Like she called her mom at least a dozen times, is TOTALLY out of control, and in need of some serious intervention. I couldn't believe my eyes, seeing her attack her mom like that. Or my ears, tellin her parents to "F off" etc. This vicious girl would NOT have a car, a phone, etc in MY house acting like that! I dont want to lay blame on these parents, they do seem like very loving parents....but I think they pretty much created the monster here. When You totally cater to every little whim for yrs, and deny them nothing, your setting the stage for this behavior to happen. She obviously was able to manipulate the mother, but not the father. Hence the reason she didnt want him in the room at the end. She wanted to EMOTIONALLY BLACKMAIL the poor mom with with comments such as going so far as to threaten suicide, then the mother will never forgive herself. Young lady, it is YOU who will never forgive yourself for saying the most HORRIBLE thing you could ever say to a mother. I hope she will be going to this ranch for a VERY long time! I really feel she needs it, and I hope they dont let her out early just becuz she was able to lie and manipulate the counselors into thinking shes ok. SHES NOT by a long shot! And to the mother.. please know that you have done the right thing. It obviously was a last resort for you I feel. And really what other choice did you have? I hope, and pray, and I believe that she will be ok. And you, and your husband have to believe that too. NO early release ok?????

Replied By: sonataka on Aug 30, 2013, 5:16PM
Callie failed 40 of approximately 50 drug tests – and she admitted on-air that she cheated on the 10 drug tests she supposedly passed! She's at a high risk of becoming an addict – if she isn't one already. She admitted she's using more drugs than weed.

Dr. Phil realized that Callie's illegal-drug use is potentially LIFE-THREATENING and that her parents are not able to help her. Sadly, their over-indulgence ended up hurting their daughter, because now she's rebelling at any form of correction – even when it may save her life. The entire family is paying a high price for their combative relationship, but Callie is going to pay the highest price if she won't let Dr. Phil's professional team help her. I don't think Callie's parents are the only factor in her behavior.

Did anyone else wonder if Callie's risky lifestyle with drugs and men may have been triggered by a deep hurt she experienced a couple of years ago – maybe hurt from an ex-boyfriend or from an experience that her parents may not be aware of? If this is true, I pray that the professional team will be able to cut through all the surface anger and get to the heart of why Callie is hurting so desperately and is lashing out at others.

Thankfully, Dr. Phil's team is willing to provide round-the-clock care and counseling for Callie. Isn't that much better than having her remain in an explosive household or having the authorities thrust her into a detention center – or even into jail when she turns 18 soon? Although the family's separation was gut-wrenching to watch, Callie – and her parents – are getting a second chance before it's too late. Dr. Phil and his team should be commended.

Replied By: velvand1981 on Aug 30, 2013, 5:04PM
Oh my gosh! I have a daughter similar to this but I am a single parent and in desperate need of help!

Replied By: zuzana on Aug 30, 2013, 4:59PM - In reply to zuzana
Another reason why I think Callie has a personality disorder is the way she tries to remove her father from the family unit, claiming he makes her mother craze.  My sister tried to accomplish this for decades. Climed my dad was a villain who made mom crazy. Moms are always more giving and forgiving, but dad doesn't buy the nonsense. Threrefore, he has to be alienated and removed so that the child can have a free hand at manipulating the weaker parent.

Replied By: zuzana on Aug 30, 2013, 4:36PM
I don't agree with dr. Phil in that he doesn't think this girl is a BAITER. I think she IS, and big time. I would go as far as to say, she has severe narcissistic and histrionic personality disorder. I have a sister with this PD and I have witnessed her outbrakes with my parents and myself for well over 35 years. Sadly, no matter what we tried, no matter how far we went to help, nothing worked. She's now astranged from the whole family and it's really, really sad for everyone. I have read countless books and articles on this issue. Unfortunately, I have learned there's no cure, no magic drug for this problem. These people are just "highly functoning" members of society who cause a lot of problems and heartbrake to pople in their circles.

I'm no doctor, but Callie displayed a lot of the signs of a BAITER. At 17 years of age, she's too old and her behavior is too extreme to just be your typical teenage rebellion.

Replied By: mrst479 on Aug 30, 2013, 4:32PM - In reply to dgierach1951
OMG - I wanted to know what happened to Callie also!! Otherwise this was just a big exploit and serves of no value or lesson. 

Replied By: mrst479 on Aug 30, 2013, 4:31PM
I just recently went through the exact same thing with my girlfriend and her son.  I flew to Texas for a "visit".  I was really there to hold her hand when we hired a 3-man transport team to take away her 6' 5" son who had been abusing pot, alcohol and stealing.  My friends husband committed suicide 4 1/2 years ago and everyone took the news very hard but no one harder than her son. It was obvious his emotional problems escalated after the death of his dad but it was even sadder to find out that all the kids he has been getting loaded with are close family friends of hers.  Her son is now at a ranch in Texas where kids go to take a break from the normal distractions of healing. His behavior was not only self-destructing but carried consequences with it that his sister and mother should not have been subjected to.  He became violent several times, injuring my friend.  Physical violence is never okay.  When I turned this show on today my mouth hit the floor. I watched intently hoping to walk away with something good I could share with my girlfriend. There was nothing except the comparison of behaviors and a camp named "Camp Turnaround" in Idaho.  Rather than exploit the problems this family is facing, lets get a follow up show and find out what was learned from this experience please.  I can tell my friend to watch this show on line but that would be like ripping the band aid off her own wound. I want her to find some information on healing and moving forward and what to do if he returns and starts the same behaviors again.   Hopefully you can do a followup show and enlighten all of us. 

Replied By: jadetree2013 on Aug 30, 2013, 3:42PM
I really was shocked to read all of the posts defending Callie's attitude and behavior.  I work with teens like this all the time in a residential program.  I cant believe anyone would think this behavior is warrented due to her parents actions.  They may be guilty of not providing appropriate discipline from a young age but they have every right to expect that she refrain from drugs and not talk to them like she does.  If you all think that is acceptable behavior I would love to see how your children behave.  Apparently you have fallen for Callie's manipulation skills yourselves. Poor poor Callie.......yeah right.  She is not entitled to a phone or a car those are priveleges provided by her parents and it is completely understandable that they would take them away if she is using drugs or acting out.  If you spent as much time as I did as a substance abuse counselor you would do anything in your power to keep your kids away from drugs and alcohol.

Replied By: jadetree2013 on Aug 30, 2013, 1:56PM
I just want this family to know that they are not alone.  There are a lot of families out there that struggle with these same issues.  Be strong, follow what your counselors teach you, don't enable her, it could mean her life in the end.  However things turn out for her know that you did the best that you could and she is ultimately responsible for her own actions. She is acting very immaturely and you are trying to protect her.  Some day her actions will lead to consequences and all you can do is pray for her safety.  I hope that she turns her life around and realizes that she is on a very dangerous path.  I hope that all of her potential is realized.  I hope that she learns how to stop bullying people with her anger because some day she will do what she is doing to her parents to her husband and children if she does not get help.  Right now she has no respect for her family but I hope that she learns that her parents deserve honor and respect.  I pray that you learn the parenting skills you will need because parenting is a life long job.  This job can make so much difference in your daughters life.  I wish you all the best.

Showing 41-50 of total 594 Comments