Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 04/22/13) Twenty-seven-year-old Whitney, the oldest of 10 children, says she had the perfect family growing up -- but everything changed five years ago, when her father, Scott, left her mother, Melinda, for his current wife, Ashley, who was 19 at the time. Since then, she says her family has been at war: Her parents have been fighting dirty, her siblings have chosen sides, and Scott hasn’t seen his six youngest children in four years. Desperate for peace and reconciliation, Whitney reaches out to Dr. Phil for help. Can this feuding family come to a truce? Scott and Melinda face each other for the first time in five years on Dr. Phil’s stage. Why did Scott leave their marriage -- and his kids? And, can Melinda let go of her anger and find forgiveness? Then, Whitney’s brother, Chase, and sister, Lindy, who haven’t seen each other in five years, face off onstage. Can they reach a common ground? Plus, Ashley and Scott share some news -- how will the family react?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: ladybug1912 on Aug 24, 2013, 11:13AM
Love how people think they know what went on for all the years from a 45 minute show .

Replied By: ineterer on Aug 22, 2013, 12:02AM - In reply to oneoften
Hi Whitney,  I am the mother of 10 children, my husband left me and has remarried three times since so 

don't hold your breath with your Dad.  My concern is my children. Is there any way that you could contact

me. I would like to talk to you personally. 

Replied By: yl33star on Aug 20, 2013, 5:39PM
What would you say if the family is black or Mexican??!!  You would criticize them about their ignorance and poor control over their birth control.  Considering her age, having 10 children is way way over capacity.

Replied By: dogluver1970 on Aug 20, 2013, 5:30PM
that in modern times, there is a NEGATIVE correlation between the number of children people have and their intelligence level.. This episode was a perfect example...

Replied By: dvews04 on Aug 17, 2013, 11:36AM
This episode was quite uncomfortable and I feel that is because the mother's anger and bitterness dominated. Sure, the father and his wife both made poor choices but those went essentially unaddressed because the mother and her son were more adamant about being heard and being right than resolving anything.

She is not over anything and her anger runs her life. Her son is just as toxic. I only wish Dr. Phil had told them to 'get real' a lot sooner; instead they wasted too much airtime revealing how bitter they are.

It's not always the father's fault alone that he doesn't have a relationship with his children. Dr. Phil alluded to the fact that the mother is programming her children and will be sorry for it later, I only wish that point had been made more directly, and a lot sooner.

The father made a poor and selfish choice that affected her years ago, but she is responsible for how she deals with it now. Both she and her son have such bad manners and are so obnoxious that I really don't care how they feel or how they deal with it. It's no winder that the father just stays away.

Replied By: dvews04 on Aug 17, 2013, 11:15AM - In reply to katydid1009
No, the son was not articulate at all. He was rude and condescending and at 23 years old, he should be held accountable for his tone.

He did not 'articulate' anything, only used condescending tactics in order to bully and intimidate the people that did not support his position, including Dr. Phil. Other than saying 'honey' and 'little girl' and making a scene about being interrupted, he really had nothing to say. Only when Dr. Phil called him on it did he finally (albeit indirectly) admit that he was partly responsible for the younger children's dialogue.

He did say he loved his sister at the end of the show, but if he had spoken to me the way he spoke to everyone else, I wouldn't have wanted to hear it either. It was his inarticulateness and condescension that is to blame for that missed opportunity.

Replied By: deebrockturrel on Aug 17, 2013, 6:35AM
Dr Phil

I really like you and watch your show daily - BUT - i feel it is becoming a fake - you set there and let people scream at each other - I don't enjoy that - they are there for help - AND by the way - why not ask the people - IF YOU WERE SO UNHAPPY WITH EACH OTHER - WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU HAVE 10 KIDS - you never ask them that - 

Replied By: betsybug777 on Aug 16, 2013, 7:46PM
What a heartless show today. I am infurious (how about THAT, Dr.Phil?) for the way he treated the wife and her son. He couldn't have kicked her more while she was down. I too was abadnoned by my abusive and adulterous husband after 25 years who told me it was my fault becuase he had more needs than I could fulfill at my age (58). His new girfriend was 26. I took on the guilt and begged him not to leave me. Turns out it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I am well and whole and he ended up in the state hospital two times. His girlfriend left him when she realized he wasn't as rich as she had thought. He wanted to come home but uh...no.True story. I could've helped that woman a LOT.

Replied By: betsybug777 on Aug 16, 2013, 7:36PM - In reply to 1rosey1
You think the number of children caused this jerk to leave his family for a 19-year old tramp WHO HE HAS ALSO IMPREGNATED? Who do you think placed the order for all those kids?!

Replied By: betsybug777 on Aug 16, 2013, 7:26PM - In reply to mets86girl
I sure do agree with you an dflet the same way as I watched the show. You just said it better than I did.

Showing 1-10 of total 321 Comments