Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Jessica believes her 7-year-old daughter, Cailey, is going to be the next big star and admits she’s spent nearly $20,000 in an effort to make that dream a reality -- but is she throwing her money away? Jessica’s husband, Steve, says he’s fed up with his wife’s spending and that her pursuit of fame for their daughter is destroying their bank account. Does Cailey really have what it takes? Talent agents Susie Mains and Lindsay Stewart weigh in and offer tips for anyone who’s hoping their child will make it big in Hollywood. Then, Rhea and Nate say their marriage is on the brink of divorce because they can’t agree on the quality of the housework. Rhea says her husband doesn't do his chores well enough, and it makes her feel like he doesn't care about her. Nate says Rhea's nagging makes him feel like a child, and nothing he does around the house will ever be good enough. He says the tension has gotten so high, he recently moved out and asked for a divorce. Are Rhea's standards too high? And, Can Dr. Phil help the couple negotiate a plan that doesn't put their marriage on the line?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: lisacee73 on Apr 24, 2013, 9:40AM
I was so disgusted watching the story of Jessica and Steve that I had to walk away. What other commenters have hinted at, but nobody said outright, is that WE the TAXPAYERS are paying for these parents' ridiculous quest to make their daughter famous. Having filed for bankruptcy once -- much less TWICE -- should make them ineligible to do so again. There should be serious consequences, including criminal prosecution and never being able to have credit again. this is the same thing as writing bad checks! Yes, I take this personally. Almost five years ago, I was disabled in a car accident and can no longer work. It took four years to get approved for disability. I firmly believe the process is as difficult as it is because of people abusing government services to the point where they are under-funded and deserving applicants have to beat their heads against a wall before the system responds. SHAME ON YOU JESSICA AND STEVE.

Replied By: anne4442000 on Apr 21, 2013, 11:19PM
Did anyone notice that the husband who had a conflict with his wife's high cleaning standards is an obvious fan of Steve Harvey?  The husband said that men Profess, Protect and Provide, which is a direct quote from Steve Harvey's book Act Like a Woman, Think Like a Man.  Aaaaagggghhh!!!!  I laughed so hard!!!  How could this guy pit two philosophies against one another?  Maybe Dr. Phil and Steve Harvey should square off one day.  That would be interesting.

Replied By: newsmom on Apr 19, 2013, 6:14AM - In reply to fotoman1133406
You sound like an amazing man. It's so touching how you remember the dinner party and how your wife glowed. A simple night, a simple act -- and it means so much.

I am sure you will find love again -- and she will be very lucky to find you.

Replied By: newsmom on Apr 19, 2013, 6:10AM
I really feel like Dr Phil only did half a show with the model child and her parents. What did the "experts" think when they assessed her? I'd like to know the outcome. Also, the financial issues, which are extreme, was just sort of glossed over. I realy wish Dr Phil had addressed the money issues, the mommy issues, and let us know what happens to the child.

Replied By: cchristy on Apr 18, 2013, 8:22PM
the first lady on the show with desires of her daughter being a star has real problems.  she is wasting her kids college money by spending it folishly on these stupid scams of her child becoming a star.  She needs to get real!  she needs to quit this stupid  behavior and start saving money.  She is teaching her children to spend money frivilously and not saving for important things such as college, a place to live, food on the table.  I don't think she's a good mom and she needs counseling to wise up.  I think she needs to figure out what is missing in her life that she feels a need to fill up with these unrealistic expectations and dreams.  Her husband is also doing wrong by letting her do it!  he needs to take over the bank acct and their lives.  he's enabling her.  she needs serious counseling!  so does the dad.

Replied By: tyler22 on Apr 18, 2013, 9:11AM
I so agree with drakcots.  Dr. Phil made the woman apoligize for her behavior, but it looks like Nate get to remain a big warthog lounging on the couch.  This is his house and kids and he needs to man up and help his wife.  Protect, provide, and profess is a convinent excuse for doing nothing.  Her time is just as valuable as his.  If Nate would leave the house for "nagging", Rhea should kick him to the curb and look for a a true helpmate.  She does not need another grown child.  Dr. Phil was not helpful for this couple.

Replied By: upsydasy on Apr 18, 2013, 5:31AM - In reply to myfairlady13
The bottom line is that the husband said he felt emasculated by his wife's constant nagging.  None of us can comment on what was not seen or left out of the show.  My husband once told me to stop whining during an argument.  Until then I had no idea that I whined, so I took a good honest look at myself and stopped.   Sometimes the truth hurts, but I was able to get my point across much more effectively after he told me how I sounded.  We can be right about a topic of conversation, but totally wrong about how we express it to our spouses.  Perhaps your friend could spend a little less time right fighting as Dr. Phil puts it and a little more time thinking about how she conveys her point of view and especially how it makes her husband feel. 

Replied By: nancy1963 on Apr 17, 2013, 6:28PM
The first couple really ticked me off!  They have filed bankruptcy twice and are again 100 thousand in debt!!  What do they believe their debt just evaporated into thin air!  Busisness and hard working people eat that debt.and I feel you rewarded their irresponsible behavior by gifting them those talent agents.  Like you always say doc whats the predictor of tomorrows behavior?  Yesterdays! Love your show by the way!

Replied By: subicvet on Apr 17, 2013, 5:01PM
Hi Dr. Phil,

I was disturbed that yesterday you shielded adolescent's faces from public view yet today you allowed the image and name of a highly sexualized seven-year old on the air.  Wasn't that placing the child in harm's way?

Replied By: myfairlady13 on Apr 17, 2013, 11:33AM - In reply to upsydasy
what if Nate requested this list? Would you think differently? because I know these people and the show edited out Nate confirming that he'd asked for the list to help him know what needed to be done. It's not like Rhea created a list and gave it to him demanding he do it.

Showing 1-10 of total 32 Comments