Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 04/08/13) When Gabriel last appeared on Dr. Phil, he said he was at his wits’ end with his mom, Linda, whom he called intrusive, crazy and meddling. Linda admitted that she may have crossed some boundaries but said she was only trying to bring her family closer together. Six months later, mother and son are still at odds. Find out why Linda called the cops on Gabriel, and what Gabriel says is another example of his mom’s crazy behavior. Then, Audrey says her daughter, Nicole's, fiancé, AJ, is immature, selfish and verbally abusive, and she wants the wedding called off. AJ admits he's not perfect but says Audrey should not have control over whom Nicole marries. Does Nicole think that her mom’s concerns are justified -- and does she still plan to wed AJ this summer? And, Dr. Phil weighs in -- are there red flags that Nicole may be missing?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: kayla2412 on Aug 28, 2013, 9:08PM
I just wanted to say I think LINDA is absolutely adorable I think she is very sweet and loveable I adore her to pieces ♥♡♥♡ what a sweetheart best of luck

Replied By: strine on Jun 26, 2013, 9:49PM
I don't blame her mother for calling AJ names and making him feel how her daughter feels. If a man laid his hands on my daughter or called her "fat", he would be copping more than that guy. I'm sorry but I didn't feel sympathetic to AJ's "Cause"- what does he think he's achieving by calling his fiance names and putting his hands on her?

Replied By: becky1123 on Apr 16, 2013, 8:36PM - In reply to tito2844
that mom only showed how much she loves her daughter, telling her how she feels and that she could do better, she cant order her 20 something daughter what to do, and i cant believe you can either. if your 20 year old daughter would tolerate you telling her what to do then you didnt teach her how to be an adult. this mom shared her thoughts and feelings with her daughter but is still there for her like a good mom should be. modern day or not your opinion is totally  off.

Replied By: becky1123 on Apr 16, 2013, 8:31PM - In reply to brks2000rtre
that mother is doing what a good mother does, stepping in when their child needs that help. i dont know what kind of parenting you came from, or if you have children or not, but i certainly wouldnt stand by if my daughter was being verbally abused by someone, what good parent would, wake up grow up  and get with real life

Replied By: cudee58 on Apr 14, 2013, 3:34PM - In reply to missy01mu
You know what you want to do.. You just have to find a safe way to do it... Those children don't deserve to deal with that abuse, u chose him they didn't.. I hope u have good strong family & or friends to help you, be safe and know that u are doing a good thing by getting your children and yourself out of a situation that is NEVER gonna change unless u do something to change it.. Again ,be careful & be safe getting out of there I would love for u to keep me posted.

Replied By: tito2844 on Apr 10, 2013, 3:15PM
I don't understand the new generation of mothers now,what kind of mother raise a child who accepts to be bullied,hit ,verbal abuse and still in the relationship? if my daughter do that it wil be another story really ,this man will not be in my daugter's life for sure,why not teach our daughters about self steem respect for themselves? this mother is accepting this man to bully and disrespect her daughter ,how sad ,I don't have any erspect for a man who hits or verbal abuse a woman realyl what a looser !  do this girls  don't have a father figure? or a storng mother who will stop this shameful relationship? this moron will scalate to abuse if this girl continues with him and maybe even killing her ,we see the pattern start verbal and scalate until they get murdered really!

Replied By: andyanth on Apr 10, 2013, 11:56AM
I see that Dr. Phil's new book is now top of the NY bestseller list.  So perhaps he can stop flogging it on the air!!  I am so sick of hearing"Life Code" being appropriate for every guest and every situation.  I'm prepared to believe that it may be appropriate for all, and I realise that Dr. Phil certainly believes it is.  But please this show should not be a continuing forum for promoting his son's publishing company and his new book.

Replied By: upsydasy on Apr 9, 2013, 10:30AM - In reply to kj1221
There’s a reason that she was BARRED from not one but two churches.  Furthermore, wearing black face is extremely offensive to black people.  Even I know that and I don't have a mixed race child like Linda does.   (I don’t say African American because I live in Canada and so the name would leave out everybody who lives on this side of the border.)  Gabriel obviously loves his mother, just not her neediness, controlling behavior and manipulations.  Who else would accompany her to the movies on their birthday suffering from a raging flu?  The fact that she wanted him to stick around for a second movie was very selfish of her.  I tend to make chicken soup when someone I love is sick.  I don’t insist that they take care my needs instead no matter what, especially not on their birthday.

Replied By: snowsugar13 on Apr 9, 2013, 9:04AM
I would love to have the list that Dr Phil was going to give AJ to figure out why he was so resentful to her

Replied By: spooky08 on Apr 8, 2013, 6:28PM
Ok, I know LInda and Gabriel are suffering from some family drama, but they seem like such nice people! I hope it works out for them. Obviously LInda has done a great job raising her son Gabriel because he seems like such a sweetie. Linda, albeit she has some interesting ways of dealing with her son, but Linda doesn't seem to have a mean bone in her body. I would take her as my mother-in-law anyday---yes, she is some epic mama drama, but I just think she loves her family. Linda--you seem like you have a heart of gold and you are a beautiful lady. Chill out on Gabriel, you obviously raised a good man, ease up on him and his wife and cherish your family.

Showing 1-10 of total 28 Comments