Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Dr. Phil speaks exclusively to Brenda and Jeremy Perry, who tragically lost their 2-year-old and 6-month-old sons, Alton and Ashton, just weeks ago, at the hands of Brenda’s mother, Debra, who then turned the gun on herself. Brenda says she had concerns about her mother’s mental health and never left the children alone with her -- so, why was Debra allowed to pick the boys up from daycare on that day? And, how is the couple dealing with the tragedy? Dr. Phil prepares Brenda and Jeremy for the difficult days ahead. Plus, find out how you can help the young couple. Then, in 2010, Bethany Storro made headlines when she claimed a stranger threw acid in her face, leaving her disfigured. She later confessed she had intentionally applied industrial-strength drain cleaner to her face. Why would she want to hurt herself and create such an elaborate lie? Don’t miss this Dr. Phil daytime exclusive!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Jun 20, 2013, 7:38PM
Here in Australia you have to write the names of people who are allowed to pick up your children. I hope the same system is implemented in America too - granted the grandmother may have tried to use a gun to get the kids, but the staff would have been able to call for help and the kids would not have been unprotected in her company without permission from their parents.

Replied By: strine on Jun 20, 2013, 7:34PM
I understand that feeling of not wanting to get up, but getting up despite the pain. Thankyou both for sharing your story of your boys with us all. I'm so sorry you have to spend the hard nights now and so many people are thinking of you both.

Replied By: brisbaneaus on Jun 20, 2013, 4:14AM - In reply to beejoy82
Hi

I have never felt the need to comment on anything on the internet before but I recently watched the Dr Phil episode that you were in and had to write to you.

You have hurt yourself enough both physically and mentally.  I can tell by your demeanor and genuine responses (compared to most of Dr Phil's other guests) and it is blatently obvious you are a beautiful, sentisitive and kind hearted person.  I believe the sincerity in your apology to anyone you may have inconvenienced from the past event.  Do not beat yourself up over this anymore, please. 

I watched this show and just wanted to give you a big hug and tell you it will all be ok.  I have struggled with a bit of depression and the only thing that got me through it was getting active with walking and acupuncture, start treating yourself with life because you deserve it. There is something about walking on nature walks (for me) that make me feel alive and calm, maybe this is something worth trying as well?

Your kind and sincere nature shone through on the Dr Phil show and I only wish you the happiest and most fulfilling life from this day forward.

Sending you all the positive energy I can, all the way from the great down under - Australia. :)

Replied By: bangzinga on Jun 18, 2013, 9:10PM
I'm sorry but that woman is a manipulator! She should be locked up because she sees nothing wrong with what she is doing! She could injur someone else and say its the meNtal illness!

Why did she do it in public? Being soft with people just opens the door to others blaming mental illness for harming people! If she had such a Terrible view of how she looks WHY did she love the attention?  

I tape the dr Phil show but with the recent topics being so boring and repetitive I'm going to cancel the booking! Also I am sick of dr Phil pushing his book and his sons business! 

Replied By: millertas on Jun 18, 2013, 8:15PM - In reply to tito2844
Here in Australia we are a little behind in the episodes but I am interested in the US Gun Debate and I wholeheartedly agree with you. The USA really needs to protect those who do have trouble. There needs to be steps to restrict gun access. The US Senate should have passed that bill and people (especially children) need protection. After the "Port Arthur Massacre" many here in Australia realised that not only the innocent people were let down but also the shooter himself who had a low IQ, mental problems and couldn't handle a gun let alone a powerful rifle. Dr. Phil doesn't bring up firearm control but really should. It is time for all Americans who believe that life (especially the life of young children) is worthwhile should continue to campaign for sensible control on a federal basis. Bethany (although hurt) is still alive, unfortunately Brenda's children are not the main difference are guns. Thank you for bringing this factor up. I wish all American Children (in fact all children) well.

Replied By: gem1234 on Apr 22, 2013, 1:20PM
I am so very sorry for your loss, I cannot even imagine your grief.  I am totally impressed with the two of you and the love you have for each other, that came through loud and clear.  You are obviously in love and I am quite taken by your strength.  Jeremy you appear to be a wonderful husband and seem to know what you need to know.  The two of you are strong and will prevail.  May God be with you.

Replied By: elmopalooza12 on Apr 16, 2013, 8:24PM - In reply to angela32286
I know the sister flaked. The point is that the preschool should have known that Grandma was not allowed to pick up the kids alone. Instead they said "Well she looks okay to us" and handed the kids over! They should be sued for that. They are supposed to protect the kids in their care and they failed. They handed the kids over to a woman who was not allowed to be alone with them, mom told them that.

Replied By: upsydasy on Mar 31, 2013, 6:21AM - In reply to beejoy82
You know I often think to myself whenever I’m being judged that whoever is judging me at that moment will probably forget all about me in a very short time, while I carry the weight of their criticism much longer than I should.  And that is the wrong thing to do.  I can’t speak for everyone, but I think that you have apologized enough.  It’s time now to turn the page and move on with your life in a positive light surrounded by your family and friends who love you and understand what you are going through.  Mental illness is such a difficult burden to overcome and there will always be those who will never understand its hardships.  You made mistakes as we all have in our past one way or another but nobody paid for them more than you. From this day forward my hope for you is that you learn to forgive yourself for being born with an illness that you had no control over.  The naysayers are much fewer than you may think and are far outnumbered by the people who want to see you succeed and be happy.  Please take heart.  You are not alone.

Happy Easter.

Replied By: angela32286 on Mar 30, 2013, 12:07AM - In reply to thumper70126
Hello... Pay attention she said she agreed to have her mom and sister pick up the children 

but sister flaked....

Replied By: ruthie2313 on Mar 28, 2013, 10:24PM - In reply to tamaram2013
i totally agree with you dr phil went out of his way to not mmetion the fact that she said a Black womandid this to her. clip even showed her smiling when giving an interview at the hospital. supposed they did arrest a woman that looked like the composite they drew up.i wonder if she would had ever told the truth. how he said that she doesn't need to ask for forgiveness is just wrong.

Showing 1-10 of total 59 Comments