Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 03/12/13) Nineteen-year-old Victoria says she can’t stop obsessing over her ex-boyfriend, Nathan, whom she dated for 18 months. She admits that since she and Nathan broke up two months ago, she’s been calling him at least 100 times a day, sending him as many as 1,000 daily text messages and has even stood outside his home, in the freezing cold, waiting for him. What’s behind Victoria’s infatuation? Can Dr. Phil help her move forward, instead of lingering in her past? Victoria comes face to face with Nathan on Dr. Phil's stage. How does Nathan feel about Victoria's obsession? Has he truly moved on, or is he sending Victoria mixed signals? Plus, don’t miss Dr. Phil’s tips for empowering yourself, from his best-selling book, Life Code: The New Rules for Winning in the Real World!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: highonfire2010 on Apr 6, 2014, 4:16PM
can I pose this question without being say like a Stalker maybe I am or OBCESSIVE COMPULISIVE DESIRES

Replied By: rassy48 on Jul 30, 2013, 9:33AM
Victoria,

Please don't settle for someone who obviously has moved on.  There is someone out there that truly would appreciate you for the lovely person you are.    We learn from doing and take what we have learned and keep going.  We also learn more about ourselves and become stronger for it.  Life is way to short.  Channel that negative energy into somethig positive.  Close that door and open the next one.  Who knows........?

Replied By: ezwood on Jul 27, 2013, 1:08AM
This is my first post as a huge fan. I had to create an account to say KUDDOS to this show:

I was overwhelmed with how solid the show was regarding Vickoria, Obsessed with Love. My heart bled for her as I watched Dr. Phil's fatherly brillant guidance virtually open her eyes to another way to view herself. When Dr. Phil put her letter up for the world to view, she tensed up with surprisement (and I'm sure embarrasment) but as he broke it down reiterating the DESPERATE words she uses over and over to herself, she listened with awe and seemed to be hungry for more. Dr. Phil, that sweet girl walked out that day a changed woman! I would love to see a follow-up show about her one day. She was a victim of abandament as a child and the aftermath was beginning to become a whirlwind. Amazing lesson reiterating how selfish choices can and will have an impact on people that love you most for a lifetime.....

Dr. Phil, you are a great man with great knowledge. You are making a difference to many. Bless you for what you do!

Replied By: psychology2030 on Jul 25, 2013, 8:29AM - In reply to krystyna
The Bible, is better than preachers. But neither will get to the root of problems. The Bible and preachers main attribute is comfort. This can be a hindrance when restorative mental processes are needed. Personally, although I'm in a minority,I feel the Bible, stops progress, rather that helps it. I believe it is basically an  emotional fairytale, containing about 20% truth.

Replied By: psychology2030 on Jul 25, 2013, 8:07AM - In reply to markbrown
I like your post. A lot of strong realistic truth there.  But I couldn't help but feel for this chick.

Replied By: markbrown on Jul 24, 2013, 6:10PM
 I don't know why people wants to fall in love.  Now I m 42 and never been married I find it stupid to be married and I tried to stay away from  people who are married as much that I can and I m glad I never went out with that girl's  in Hight School 20 years ago because I think she be a pain in the ass. I see her around town and she look sick lol . I used to go out with a girl who did not like me and with some who like me but the bottom line is why fall in love went you have all your freedom and people who are married some of them are babies especially the one who married fat chick they need a mother eastead of a wife or a girlfriend. And most woman (especially the pretty one) are very spoil so they espect alot from you; so do you really want that beside you for the rest of your life, not me I like my freedom and I can do my laundry, grocery ect...and I can dress myself and if things don't workout you can say goodbye to your house ect...and maybe your full pay cheque.

Replied By: diamonddiva on Jul 24, 2013, 5:49PM - In reply to krystyna
The same book that says you can beat your child if the rod is X measurement? The same book that condones "sacrifice", even to human? The same book that has always kept women in second place, about even with the family dog except that she can cook? Sorry, not the best idea. When a man leaves a marriage or relationship. especially if he has sexual relations with men, women or both at the same time, risking exposure to everything from herpes to AIDS to hepatitis C, when you're reduced to sending hundreds of cell phone calls per day or sitting outside of his house for hours(that's called STALKING), the only different thing you can do is get the heck out of a relationship or marriage that's dragged you so low. Not ALL marriages/relationships are meant to last a lifetime, & the sooner those involved figure THAT out, the sooner they can start to heal & start over. BTW, I copied the title of this directly from you-the correct spelling is "HOLY". Holly is a pretty green plant with red berries on it.....

Replied By: psychology2030 on Jul 24, 2013, 3:12PM
Victoria, I think heredity should not be worried about. But I agree words are powerful. I had some serious issues and gained a lot by saying, to myself, "HOW WILL I SOLVE (THIS PROBLEM)?"  By doing this you are sending your brain on a mission, with  brain cells, no less than any human on earth. In other words you are putting trillions of brain cells to work.. The most complicated problems can be solved this way. I'm talking deep..deep issues, like I had. Do it a few times a day, and take time to sit quietly and notice the answers. Never trust voices of others in your head, if you hear them.. I don't care if they are your teacher, preacher, or best friend. And be careful about what others say, on the physical plane, because they will not see the real/best you, untill you are strong enough, and naturally shed their negativity.. Don't change your face and body, I love it! PS You can message me if you like.

Replied By: krystyna on Jul 24, 2013, 1:03PM - In reply to sharon0303
Read the Holly Bible and you will find all the answers. However if you think you are smarter than God, just keep doing what you doing but do not expect different results.

Replied By: diamonddiva on Jul 24, 2013, 12:55PM - In reply to sharon0303
Dear lady, you need some SERIOUS counseling. You've been this man's door mat your entire marriage. How many times does he have to show by words & actions that HE doesn't want YOU any more? Have you been tested for STDs? If not, you MUST get that done 1st thing! And I think if you ask your adult children, they're sick to death of the dog & pony show you & hubby have been putting on. GET REAL-you will not die without this loser you married. HE has moved on, & you need to as well. I bet your kids would say the exact same thing. No, I'm not being cruel-I was in your shoes many years ago. It didn't take me as long as its taking YOU to realize I wasn't wanted by the man who swore to love me the rest of his life. Did it hurt? hell yes it did, but I got my "reward" for leaving. I am about to celebrate my 20th anniversary to the best, kindest, most caring man in the world, who will NEVER do to me what your uncaring excuse for a husband has done to you. A man who truly LOVES you would NEVER do what your husband has done to you & by extension, to your kids. My words may be harsh but maybe that's the only way you'll listen. GET A DIVORCE and live your own life for YOU. You'll be far happier. This man will NEVER be a decent husband to you-why don't you see that?

Showing 1-10 of total 110 Comments