Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Two moms say their teen daughters are completely out of control and turn to Dr. Phil for help. First, Rita says her 13-year-old daughter, Lexi, is angry and abusive and has no respect for authority or property. She says her daughter has been smoking cigarettes since she was 10, punches and writes on her bedroom walls, has been sent to the principal’s office more than 50 times and takes out her frustrations with violence. She says Lexi has even created a list of girls she wants to fight, and she's scared the teen might end up in jail. Lexi admits that she’s angry, but says her chaotic home life is to blame -- and that after the show, she’s moving out! Hear why Rita thinks Lexi is acting out. Does Dr. Phil agree? And, how might Rita be enabling her daughter's behavior? Then, Jennifer says she's struggling to control her defiant and destructive 13-year-old daughter. A home video documents the teen's violent outbursts. Can Dr. Phil help Jennifer rein in her teen?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: acroley on Nov 19, 2014, 11:37AM
I saw my teenage self in Lexi while watching this show. I would really like to know what happened to her, and how she is doing. Anyone know?

Replied By: sonia94 on Nov 25, 2013, 9:57PM
Why did you tape this? The girl is traumatized now. I know she's not the best kid in the world but I can't help but feel sorry for her. Who wants to be sent to Idaho plus forced and guarded by a transporter?

Replied By: strine on Jun 5, 2013, 10:22PM - In reply to rickmc8888
Those mothers really did reap what they sowed after involving children in their own drug dramas. Those kids would have been scared that they were losing their Mums and had no control or ways to communicate that fear. The second daughter sounds like she is still depressed (i.e. not wanting to get up and do anything and having no drive are major signs). I cried when I heard that she didn't want to get out and do anything.

Replied By: strine on Jun 5, 2013, 10:13PM - In reply to joannr
Are you saying the first mother did not contribute to the way her daughter is? Telling her about her biological father in an uncaring rushed manner so she couldn't cope (then no follow up with a counsellor or anything when she couldn't cope), talking about her own drug use with her daughter, ignoring her child using drugs etc etc. That woman really is not a parent at all and I'm disappointed when other parents watch a story like this and think he is blaming all parents...he isn't. Love from another parent.

Replied By: strine on Jun 5, 2013, 10:00PM
Who talks to their kids about their own use of cocaine? Messed up woman.

Replied By: strine on Jun 5, 2013, 9:59PM
How on earth do kids get like that? I have a 15yr old daughter who has never done any of the things that 13yr old girl does. And her mother turning a blind eye to her daughter smoking wow just wow. A 13yr old is YOUR responsibility and you are not raising her at all, you expect the World to raise her while you lazily do whatever you do? Are these people serious? I watch Super Nanny and laugh at the clueless "parents"..."Is it normal for my 5yr old to bite everyone and run away from home?" I think I've landed on another planet sometimes.

Replied By: ihavestories13 on May 23, 2013, 12:31PM - In reply to parentmustwin
Yep! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Replied By: parentmustwin on Mar 12, 2013, 8:48AM
In the course of one hour these kids may have been saved from total self distruciton.

Consider this an intervention of sorts. These parents don't have what it takes to save these kids, let alone save themselves. Dr. Phil's words may have been harsh but if not so, these mother's would have not allowed him to help these kids, and bailed them out and not forced them to go into treatment. I believe he did what he had to do in order to stop these mom's from continuing to enable their daughters . Hopefully before it's too late. 

Look at the total picture here people...the outcome...OBVIOUSLY he knew what he was doing. I'd be interested to see if the Mom's accept the help they need so terribly in order to start saving their kids from themeselves and their own distructive behaviors!!

Replied By: honeywest on Mar 10, 2013, 1:36PM
Dr. Phil, you're losing it! You have to resort to reading off of your cue cards to make a point? I agree with soooo many other writers, that it made me sick to see you once again blame the parents for a disrespectful, spoiled brat! You jumped all over the Moms for having excuses, but it was alright for these unruly "young women"? You made me sick watching your behavior, with the arms crossed and the belittling attitude of women who are doing the best they know how! Nobody has a perfect past and the way you treated those parents was uncalled for, SHAME ON YOU AGAIN!!

Replied By: honeywest on Mar 10, 2013, 1:25PM - In reply to joannr
ABSOULUTELY AGREE WITH YOU 100%

Showing 1-10 of total 106 Comments