Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original AIr Date: 02/20/13) Angie says she’s madly in love with her attractive, dashing, overseas boyfriend, Danny, whom she’s been dating for more than a year but has never met. Angie confesses that she’s sent Danny at least $175,000 — some of which she admittedly stole from family members. She says she would like to not only prove to Dr. Phil and his viewers that Danny is a real person, she would also like Dr. Phil's help in getting $6 million that Danny sent her from an offshore bank account in the Cayman Islands. Angie admits to sending $1,000 to Danny so he could buy a plane ticket to the United States and appear on the show with her. Where is Danny, and why wasn't he sitting next to Angie in-studio? Angie's 20-year-old son, Brandon, says his mother is in deep denial and can’t even see that she’s being scammed. Is Danny who he says he is, or is Angie being duped by an online imposter or catfish? Dr. Phil does some digging and finds answers. Is Angie ready to accept the truth? Then, when Craig last spoke with Dr. Phil, he thought he might finally meet his former fiancée, “Jen,” in person -- until she backed out at the last minute. After some investigative work, the real “Jen” is exposed. Don’t miss this shocking conclusion!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: marijke59 on Nov 4, 2013, 7:29AM

Hello,

I just saw your show about scamming, i have been also involved with someone who is samming. The picture i recieved , i realy don't think he is the one i have wrtie and talk with.
Lucky for me i don't loose so much money because i listen to my intuition which said this isn't real.
I have 58 e-mails with the name of Alexis Vettias, but i founf out he has much more names just by google the picture.
These are the names i found till now;
David Woods
Nickolas Pankas
Morris Gisbone,
Wilhelm Morris,
Lex Vict
He is operating from the UK his tel.numbers all begin with 0044

I hope there is someone who can stop these people who are only conned for living.

Replied By: twenty4hours on Oct 8, 2013, 8:03PM
Okay so you can be skeptical when people are giving you the cold hard facts but this lady is just plain crazy... Dr Phil gave her the harshest evidence ever and she still did not believe him, he even showed her that his fake name was on a scammer list. Its so obvious he isn't real. If you gave someone that much money they would have met you by now because that is a lot of cash....

Replied By: mwyld40 on Sep 11, 2013, 9:33PM
Dr. Phil,

9/11/2013

The lady who was featured on your show today is not alone.  I too was scammed by a dishonest professional criminal in almost the same way she was.  Although i didn't send this person 30 some thousand dollars, in my case it was only about $5,000 plus paying for telephone calls to England and Nigeria, I was on the fast track with this man.  And he was good at what he did.  He stole the identity of a man who lived in the same state I do and lived in a upscale suburb that was not far from my home.  I Googled the name he gave me and he was there.  Most of the facts he gave me about "himself" were true to the victim.  He was wealthy, an art collector, esteemed by the town he lived in and volunteered his time to the community.  An upstanding gentleman or so I thought.  I met this man on a dating site on line and he professed his love almost immediately.  He had me believing he owned his own construction company and had overseas contracts.  He showed me a bank account in England and introduced me to his personal banker whom I traded emails with.  I was also introduced to his daughter who lived in one of his mansions in England and we exchaned emails.  When he first asked me for money I had no quams about loaning it to him and even though I was warned about sending money to Nigeria I paid no heed.  I was in love and he was wonderful!!  What a find!! Yeah right!!  After a while, and after sending him more money I started to wonder if he was for real.  I never met him, although I talked to him on the phone many times, he never would commit to a date when he would be home, something always happened to keep him where he was.  Way out of my reach.  

I finally called the man I thought he was and it turned out that the gentleman who had his identity stolen was in his mid 80's, had never been to Africa and was not overseas.  He was home and I was talking to him.  I don't know if he ever followed up on my call as I never heard back from him but I did report the incident to the dating service with poor results.  They were aware of him and said they had sent me a warning email that I never saw.  And then I contacted the FBI via the internet.  I never heard back from them either.  That is as far as I went because I was so ashamed of my stupidity and vulnerability I didn't want my family to know how I had been taken in.  So, Dr. Phil, the lady on your show is not alone, there are lots of lonely widows out there and I am sure there are many more who have been taken to the cleaners just as we had.

I finally did tell my daughter and a niece of mine and they still love me, but I have never told my sons and never will.  For some reason that I don't understand, this criminal did return $100.00 dollars to me.  Why I don't know and never will know.

Sincerely.........

Replied By: 1973_marl on Sep 11, 2013, 6:45PM
When i was listen to the show today, it remind of what happen with several guy's that I had chatted with on line, had one guy form Nergria take people credit cards and use them to get money and I fell for the scam open a credit card so they could have me get the money out of the credit card thatn go and send the money threw Western Untion only did that 2 times and found out what they where doing, the guy was using some one else picture to find out he was a black guy, One other guy he used my mailing address to have thinks send to my place and he was trying to use my name on credit cards and charge stuff  when I got the bills call the company's  and told them what happen and they said they would take care of it, and the treatent me was going to call the FBI and some other company and I told him bring it on and not thing happen, one other none miltary guy what to send money to him so he could send money to me and it would have cost alot of money and I told him right out that I had no money and he got pissed off at me and I deleted him off my yahoo list, I knew what was going on and I just played him up. and the same way with the other guy's I have chatted with, played dumb, Never sent any of my own money

Replied By: princessbell3 on Sep 9, 2013, 9:18AM
I am amazed at the stupidity of these people.  For the life of me why would anyone in their right mind send money ongoing to someone they have never met.  Total disbelief.

Replied By: mrmillion on Aug 15, 2013, 1:31AM
why do these ladies send their so called online boyfriend money when they have yet to meet them in person? I can never understand that. When i use online dating, i would have to meet them in person first to even for anything. And i would never give them money. Go to http://www.freedatinghelper.com/reviews/asiandating-com/ for the best info you can get.

Replied By: sceptic101 on Aug 3, 2013, 6:00AM
I saw the episode of duped and scammed.  Yes there are scammers but not all unusual relationships are bad.
Basically, I don't trust women.  I have given far more in face to face relationships than I have ever received.  Devistated by divorce in 2009, deeply in debt and a broken man having had to have my exwife arrested for domestic abuse because I won't defend myself against a woman. I still needed female contact.
I started writing to a woman whose been in prison for 15 years.  The best thing I have ever done!  She is who she is and very up-front with her advice.  She's the best friend I could ever ask for!  Strong yet kind.  Since this relationship started, she's rebuilt my self-esteme, provided advise that gave me a new job and a 40% rise.  I stopped gambling.  And I moved accross country so I could visit her on weekends.
I am happy and content.  Yes, content without a physical relationship.  I'm not being attacked by most free women's desires of give to me, buy for me, and do for me.  She's my best friend and the only woman I will ever trust and need.  I've put more money in the bank in the last 18 months due to her advice than I have in the previous 10 years.  In return, I will always stand by her and take care of her needs. She gives rather than takes.  I owe her eveything!  I couldn't ask for better.  I'm better off because of her.  Even my family sees the benefit to us both and accepts her.  She's the great woman behind this good man.
My messge is...  Base a relationship on its merits.  It's give and take that works. But don't pre-judge due to an unusual situation or you may miss a chance at happiness.  You know when a relationship is not a good one.  Think!

Replied By: loyalalways on Aug 3, 2013, 1:34AM - In reply to mswebb
What kind of minister bans someone from his church? They're supposed to be God-like and welcome everyone. If he can be talked into banning someone just because someone asked him to sounds fishy to me. Did he get his minister's papers from a cracker jack box?

Replied By: garrett1275 on Aug 2, 2013, 5:09PM - In reply to melindaross
IN WATCHING THIS SHOW, I COULD SEE MYSELF IN SO MANY WAYS...THE SAME DEAL WITH "MAX" EXCEPT FOR THE MONEY PART...I WASTED A YEAR OF MY LIFE ON THIS MAN...I HAVE LEARNED THAT YOU CAN'T TRUST MEN YOU MEET ONLINE...THEY ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT ANSWER WHEN A BIG RED FLAG COMES INTO PLAY...I IGNORED MANY OF THEM. HE TOO HAS A VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY HE PUT INTO MY NAME AND I WAS SUPPOSE TO SEND A VERY LARGE SUM OF MONEY TO HAVE IT WIRED TO MY BANK, BUT I NEVER GAVE HIM MY PERSONAL INFORMATION AS IT JUST NEVER SEEMED RIGHT..I MET HIM IN GA., HE THEN WENT TO NYC, THEN TO THE UK, AND THEN ON TO ALGERIA...HE DID SEND ME A PHONE NUMBER BUT I NEVER REACHED HIM..HE WAS A VERY SMART MAN IN THE WAYS OF SENDING LOVE LETTERS, POETRY, AND LOTS OF PICTURES..I FINALLY WOKE UP WHEN EVERYTIME HE WAS SUPPOSE TO COME TO THE STATES , HE COULDN'T...I REALLY THINK HE NEEDED A WIFE TO GET A GREEN CARD AS HE SAID HIS VISA TO THE STATES HAD EXPIRED...I AM NOT WEALTHY AND HE KNEW THAT FROM DAY ONE....THE ONLY THING HE COULD REALLY GET FROM ME WAS MY HEART, BUT THANK GOD I WOKE UP..DR. PHIL, I WISH YOU COULD PUT PRESSURE ON THESE DATING SITES TO CHECK OUT THE PEOPLE THAT SIGN UP ON THEM....I HAVE DECIDED IT IS NOT SAFE AND AVOID THEM....I LIKE MYSELF AND IF I NEVER HAVE ANOTHER MATE, I AM OK WITH THAT...I AM PRAYING THAT ANGIE WILL OPEN HER EYES BEFORE SHE LOOSES HER SON...MAY GOD BLESS.....

Replied By: junejr009 on Aug 2, 2013, 3:23PM
  Today's show was wonderful in raising awareness for the good of Psychic's!  Psychic's have been percieved for a long time in a negative light.  However there are many of us that give much service and dedication to our callings in serving our fellow man, women and child without recognition and much ridecule.

Thank You!

The Love Psychic

Marcia Udy

Showing 1-10 of total 440 Comments