Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Carol and Tab’s 20-year-old son, Alex, was killed by a hit and run driver. They believe that Alex’s death was no accident and they accuse Rob, 24, of being responsible. Rob, joined by his mother, Linda, and sister, Lenora, 21, says he’s being falsely accused and placed in the middle of an “unrelenting witch hunt,” and he just wants everyone to move on. See what happens when he comes face to face with Alex’s family on Dr. Phil’s stage. Why wasn’t Rob tried on vehicular homicide charges? Hear from a crime scene reconstruction expert hired by the family. Has he uncovered new evidence? Don’t miss this riveting Dr. Phil mystery as the victim’s family confronts the young man they believe deliberately killed their son.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: goodswin on Feb 20, 2014, 3:01PM
I have just watched your show about the hit and run of a young boy. you could see that the family of the boy who was ment to kill him had a lot to hide i think the mother knows that her son did it that is why she did not want Dr Phil to speck to the witness. are all the family on drugs they all looked so spaced out to me by the way they were talking and you coul. just see in the boys eyes he was on something so maybe he did it but because he was so druged up he con,t remember doing it but You could tell they were all hiding somethink and i think his mother and sister knows what that is why the mother said he could not take a lie detector and why he did not want to do one he migh not answer for his crime now but he will have to in front of Gods kingdom the same with his mum. Why the police have not reopend this case is shame to me as it clear that they know were this witness is

Replied By: svu123 on Nov 4, 2013, 11:14PM - In reply to kakkelobbes
 witnesses disappearing??  lol.  it is obvious that there was no case, and it is a shame that the family of the dead boy continue to pursue something so riduculous in our society and Dr. Phil and the drama for the ratings, witnesses do not go missing or "hide out" today.  big bother knows everything about you and where you are if they WANT to find you.

Replied By: kakkelobbes on Sep 11, 2013, 1:25AM
Hi there.

Today I watched the show in The Netherlands. The attitude of the Lucemans is unbelievable!

Could it be that they did more than just hidding the witnesses, could they have killed them (too)? How do we know that those guys are stille alive? They know where he is, they know he has no phone and they are 'protecting' him/ them........

This whole case stincks!

Replied By: mamabear9174 on Aug 6, 2013, 5:51AM - In reply to svu123
Are you related to or connected with the Luceman family somehow???? Because that is the only reason for you to post such a ridiculous comment. The whole family have guilt written all over them they could not give one straight answer and if you have witnesses who can 'prove' your innocence, you parade them to everybody and anybody, not hide them!!!

Replied By: svu123 on Jun 17, 2013, 9:50PM
How ironic that the expert guy John Laughlin knows Dr.Phil from Texas.  The Laughlin guy from Texas - how does he connect to a Florida case????? 
Witnesses do not go "missing" in today's big brother watching anyone can be found, that is just a bunch of B.S.
The case, it appears obvious could not be brought to trial.  Obviously you cannot "make up evidence", though phone calls, media attention, etc.  Does not work in a court of law. 
What drama, from the sister asking for a polygraph - she thought she was on Jerry Springer, poor thing.
It looked like Dr Phil was not prepared, he attacked certain people when he had no where to go, and you could see right though it. 
The young man seemed very sincere, what a shame the ratings game prevailed over facts.

Replied By: strine on May 26, 2013, 9:34PM
The voice in the threatening message sounded like "Rob" and then the phone call after the hit and run sounded like him also trying to out on a "gangsta" voice. I hope he is put away for a long time because for him to plot this and carry it out and then sit there and lie like he did he must be a sociopath. Also for him to say he didn't know Alex, but "ran into him" somewhere is sick. His family are making excuses for him because they are as mentally sick as he is. Nothing wrong with those reward signs.

Replied By: tripz79 on May 26, 2013, 9:19PM
How can a mother sit there and defend her son when she clearly knows he is guilty of this hideous crime, when another mothers sits across from her grieving at her sons loss?

Would she like to go to a grave sight everyday to talk to her son?

A Mother is supposed to teach her son responsibility and to be honest when they do/have done something wrong.

She knows as does the Sister that the young man accused of this crime is 100%guilty. There is no doubt he returned home after the incident and told his Mum everything, and i Have no doubt, the mother said to her son that " we will take care of this, its going to be OK ".

Never once did it or has it since entered the mothers mind that a young mans life has been brutally taken by her son, all she was worried about was protecting her son, knowing that if went to prison he would not survive.

How cold can you be, they all sat on that stage and lied all the way through the show. The text messages, the disapearing witnesses, the not being able to answer Dr Phil s questions without diverting attention away from the crime.

The not willing to take a lie detector test is a huge Red flag. If you were innocent why would you not want to clear your name?

I really hope the witnesses are found quickly and once they are i think the truth is going to come out and justice will be served.

I'm not sure how you can go on living your life, knowing that you have done something terrible, and not feel a single bit of guilt about it.

I would think that there would be no mirrors in that house, as A normal human being could not possibly look at themselves in the mirror knowing what has taken place.

As for the mother of the accused I do hope she realizes she can face charges for lying to police, and whats worse lying to a grieving family that has just lost a son, and will never have opportunity to talk to him again.

If they are found to be lying and covering up evidence, I hope they are both punished accordingly..

For me watching the show and watching the young man in question, it was a sure sign of guilt as he was trying to hard to look innocent.

Never once did I see any tears or emotion from the accused or accused family throughout the show.

Anyone with a heart, anyone sitting across from that grieving parents could not helped be moved by what had happened to there son, and yet all the accused/family did was argue every point and question.

In my mind there is no doubt that all 3 of that family are guilt as they are all hiding truthful facts about the case and as far as I'm concerned that's just as bad as committing the crime itself.

Lets hope the truth comes out and justice is done, and to the family that has lost there son is such a tragic way, I wish you the best for future and hope one day you get some closure.

Replied By: loulou_aust on May 26, 2013, 8:32PM - In reply to kassiepoo
Robert Luceman is elusive and deceiving. He is very clever and calculating. I believe he loves to stand behind his mum andsister and allows them to be his bodyguards to create a diversion. I even believe that he is o intelligent that he allows this to happen "naturally" ie. the women in his life voluntarily protect him. Robert is fully aware of this.

Its nearly like he is a passive sociopath ? Is there such a thing ? 

He plays the sincerity card, but I don't believe his apology at all.

Alex didn't have any "body guards"  when he was assaulted.

Take away Rob Luceman's bodyguards and there would not have been ANY answers or even enough footage for an entire Dr Phil episode.

Replied By: felixq78 on May 26, 2013, 8:22PM - In reply to staytuned
The family of the accused are clearly hiding something. Dr Phil's question about bringing forward the witness who accused the alleged driver  makes perfect sense. This witness has accused their boy of murder so why wouldn't they want him on the show to clear it all up ? Also they were lying about the phone messages and who sent them. It's the accused mother's phone so how could anyone else use it ?

Replied By: letsgetitright on Mar 3, 2013, 11:32AM - In reply to paulab12
A withdrawal of the original claim by way of nolle prosequi is not an adjudication on the merits of the claim and thus in a criminal case is not a guarantee that the defendant will not be later re-indicted. The entry of a nolle prosequi as a disposition is, by itself, not an adjudication on the merits of the prosecution or on the guilt or innocence of the accused, and the legal protection against double jeopardy will not automatically bar the charges from being brought again.

Showing 1-10 of total 245 Comments