Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original air date 02/14/13) Gayle says her soon-to-be daughter-in-law, Hannah, is manipulative, immoral and disrespectful -- but she’s never even met her! Gayle says Hannah's relationship with her son, Ryan, is based on sin because Hannah used to date Ryan's best friend. Ryan says his parents will never accept Hannah because they hold out hope that he will reunite with his ex-fiancée and mother of his daughter. See what happens when Gayle and Hannah meet, and mother and son come face to face for the first time in three years on Dr. Phil's stage! Can this family find a common ground from which to build an amicable relationship? And, will Gayle ever accept Hannah as her daughter-in-law? Plus, Dr. Phil has a challenge for the ladies -- will they accept?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: uniquelyjewels on Feb 13, 2014, 1:34PM
I've watched this episode many times. I'm really interested in finding out what happened. Did they go on the road trip? 

And I have to apologize here, as someone who works in social services I should know better - but unlike Gayle, I can admit I'm not at all perfect - but I believe the psychological term for this mother is "whackadoodle!"

My heart goes out to that little girl. 

Replied By: mangoyacho on Dec 3, 2013, 7:17AM - In reply to snooman
You comment shows great wisdom and depth.  Thank you for articulating your view points so well!

Replied By: mangoyacho on Dec 3, 2013, 7:07AM - In reply to upsydasy
Whilst you have said some valid points - I do not think the child will necessarily be happy in her fathers new family.  Hannah will keep reminding the child that she is "heavily built like her mother."  If she doesnt play well at a soccer match they will make her "pay for it" like they have already done and behind closed doors, the child's self estime will gradually wear off.    Ryan & Hannah need to take whatever it takes to fix their relationship with Ryans family before they can be trusted to genuinely be kind to the child.

Replied By: mangoyacho on Dec 2, 2013, 12:14PM
I sincerely believe that whilst Dr Phil did his best to mediate, this time he got it wrong.  What was the point of offering two people who can not see eye to eye a road trip and $10 000? More conselling was needed before this "price"  was offered.  Its like sweeping the real issue under the carpet.  Obviously Hannah was the first to jump at the opportunity considering the price for going on the road trip. 

To the mother in law - I urge you to be strong and protect your family against disrespectful people who come in to destroy your family dynamics and will definately leave your son including your family high and dry.  Be strong and do whats right for your family - what kind of a step mom is Hannah going to be to your granddaughter especially in view of the fact that she sees nothing wrong with the kind of punishment inflicted on Ryans's little daughter. Hannah smuggly threw in an under the belt comment of the little girl being heavily built like her mother.  What is she trying to prove?  One day Hannah is going to bore heavy children herself - is she going to be cruel to them too.

I guarantee that Hannah doesnt give a hoot for Ryan but is on some immature power trip against her mother in law.  What kind of a person fails to humble herself to her future in-laws. If she really loved Ryan she would swallow her pride give her future in laws all the respect they deserve for raising a son she is now attracted to and in  time they will eventually accept her.  If they were that bad sure surely she wouldnt have given their son Rayan the time of day!    

Replied By: annsmith025 on Sep 18, 2013, 5:42PM - In reply to abberosner
What is Gayle going to do when the mother gets a new husband and doesn't need her anymore?

Replied By: annsmith025 on Sep 18, 2013, 5:40PM
Gayle is a cruel woman.  She is a selfish woman.  She is hurting her granddaughter and will not have a relationship with her future grandchildren.  

How does she know Ryan doesn't fish, she doesn't see him? If she is so worried about him saving money, why did she make him stay at a hotel and spend $1,000? 

I would love to hear what Gayle's inlaws said about her parenting.  I am sure she was a perfect mother.   

She is the reason many people do not like "Christians".

Replied By: princessbell3 on Sep 9, 2013, 9:06AM
There is obviously something seriously wrong with this controlling mother.  My advice to you 2 would be to stay as far away from her as possible.  We cannot pick our families and sometimes you just have to say "enough is enough" and walk away.

Replied By: beloved2011 on Aug 20, 2013, 1:09PM - In reply to princesspat
Agree!!

Replied By: princesspat on Aug 15, 2013, 11:59AM - In reply to beloved2011
Gayle says her only problem with Hannah is "Ryan and Hannah relationship is morally wrong because the bible says so" but Gayla doesn't believe it's immortal for him to be in a relation with his ex-fiancé have sex and a child out of wedlock . Give me a break she just mad cause she had hopes of Ryan getting back with his ex now Hannah has ruined that. Gayle is nothing but a closed minded , judgmental, gossiping, back biting over bearing wholly roller who I just throwing a tantrum because she has no more control over her son.

Replied By: abberosner on Aug 14, 2013, 8:03AM - In reply to virgilt62
If she feels that she raised her son in such a moral home- how does she explain the birth of his daughter out of wedlock??  The only one who I am concerned about is this poor little girl.  Her mother is using her as a pawn between the grandparents and the son.  Dr. Phil- you were too soft

Showing 1-10 of total 800 Comments