Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

It’s been a year and a half since a Florida jury found Casey Anthony not guilty of first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee -- a verdict that stunned many -- and Casey Anthony is still making news. Recently, Casey reportedly filed for bankruptcy, and there are reports that she reconciled with her father, George. Dr. Phil sits down with Casey’s former defense attorney, Jose Baez, who discusses his book, Presumed Guilty: Casey Anthony: The Inside Story. Baez weighs in on the most recent headlines and shares what he says he wants the public to know but couldn’t say during the trial. During opening statements, Baez made claims that George molested Casey when she was a child -- a claim George denies. Knowing Casey's history of lying, does Baez stand by his accusation? Or, did he knowingly misdirect the jury? And, Baez says he knows how Caylee really died -- hear his theory. Plus, in an exclusive interview, John Bradley, a prosecution witness whom Baez accused of perjuring himself on the stand, speaks out for the first time on television. If you’ve been following one of the most infamous trials in America, don't miss this show.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: baezfan on May 29, 2013, 10:31PM
Jose Baez is what I call a true laywer. He stood by casey when everyone in america was against her. No matter how people treated him he still stood by her. He always stood up and wouldnt say anything that she didnt want him too. He worked hard to earn her trust. I don't approve of Caseys actions after her baby died but during the trial I belived George had something to do with it. Im not saying he murdered Caylee but he knew more than what he was telling.How can you charge Casey for murder and not look into no one else. Yes her actions were horrible. But according to everyone else George didnt act to upset when cindy told him or when the cops got there. Jose is a perfect role model. I know it is his job to defend his client but how many other lawyers will risk everything they have. I dont know not one attorney that would go through what he went through for their client. This man was accused of everything I watched TV and saw how they claimed he was unethical, rookie, and that he might be having an affair with her come on that is ridiculous. Im not a laywer but I hope that I can be that kind of friend to people. He is truly a role model and we all should look up to him. If everybody had that much love in their heart and compassion for people the world would be a much better place. They never give him a fair shot at that trial but look he won anyway. My whole family watched the trial and was amazed by how brave he was.He stood up even when he was going to be held in contempt which was unfair Ashton got buy with everything. Im not a criminal but if I was he would be who I would want by my side not because he wins but because he really does care. OJ Simpsons lawyer wasnt that good he might have fit but not like Jose did.BAEZ IS TRULY A ROLE MODEL FOR AMERICANS!!!!!

Replied By: alphak555 on May 23, 2013, 9:54PM - In reply to yaya67
Your so right! That lawyer is disgusting and tried to justify letting a murderer go free but he failed! Yes, who goes to a gynecologistbefore no reason?  It's usually when your pregnant! I could go on but there was absolutely no sign of sexual abuse and that lawyer again is a creep and a disgrace! Casey Anthony is a lying bitch who wanted her freedom! Full stop! 

That poor little girl will never get justice! I hope the  jury has a hard time living with their deplorable decision and that disgusting lawyer gets what he deserves!

He was in it for publicity and fame, hence the book and his over the top website! He disgusts me! It's so sad that America's legal system sucks like it does! 

I hope justice happens to everyone involved with this case! 

Replied By: alphak555 on May 23, 2013, 9:41PM
This disgusts me! I just looked at this creeps website and its like an awards show or something, with reviews and dramatisations ! So fake and opposite to how he wanted to appear on dr Phil ! He was fairly quiet and stable on dr Phil but in court and on his website he is a dramatic, loud and publicity seeking extrovert who rides on his disgusting media attention!

WHO CARES IF SHE MURDERED HER KID! I WILL SAY ANYTHING TO WIN! I am so infuriated with this creep! He knows there is no way to prove if the father molested her and it's a great excuse for being a murderer! His logic makes absolutely no sense and if he thinks a mother can behave like that , molested or not, he's an idiot and shouldn't practice law! 

I don't believe he thinks she is innocent because you would have to be an absolute moron to belive her! He's just a typical attention seeking lawyer! I hope he never sleeps well again and not getting justice for that beautifuit little girl , I hope he rots in hell!

By the way, the part where dr Phil covered the computer searches for chloroform and that man actuallyconvinced me even more, which isn't possible, that she's 100% guilty! I thought searching for chloroform 84 times was weird but once was more believable! That is all it would take to find out about a product! 

I am disgusted with the whole case! 

Replied By: jmano1 on Mar 13, 2013, 2:37PM
That is all I could hear Jose Baez saying.  I do not believe HE believed Casey Anthony for a minute and I do not believe he thought Casey was abused by her Dad.  He was obligated by law to defend her and he did what he took an oath to do.  It was sickening (as was the trial and verdict) to watch.  I will not be buying his book.

Replied By: carrie2 on Mar 5, 2013, 4:35PM
Dr Phil, I have a great deal of respect for you. I certainly will not pretend to know what happened in the Casey Anthony situation. I do, however, want to express something that bothered me in relation to this episode.  When Jose said Casey's behavior was consistent with that of a victim of abuse, you scoffed at the idea she hid her pain or trauma as if nothing could be further than the truth (regarding her going out). I don't know what it is to lose a child, but when I suffered abuse in a marriage for a few years, I most certainly hid it.  I was embarassed and afraid. I was fortunate enough to find good counselors and to seek what God says about these things in order to get out alive.  However, while I was living in it, there were MANY times that I was out with friends and would leave to go to a bathroom and cry (not telling anyone) because I was dying inside trying to act like everything was okay and normal.  When I would come out and laugh with friends and pretend I was okay, I certainly was not okay on the inside. But I was afraid to tell anyone what was going on at the time I was going through it.  How much more prevalent could this behavior have been for someone like Casey if she did grow up with abuse?  I don't think it's a stretch to believe that could be true for Casey to try to act normal as a coping mechanism.  I have experienced this myself.. Yet you scoffed at her lawyer for suggesting she had some kind of psychological issues based on abuse (or rather PTSD - maybe her termed it wrong - but I agree with him that she acts like a person who has been abused).

Isn't it true that she could have come up with all those fake people in a manner similar to when a person develops those to cope with abuse when they are young? I remember my ex telling me the stories of when he was abused after we got married ( too bad he didn't let me know before I married him right? I could have run for the hills then!). He told me in the last year of marriage about different personalities he escapted into to cope - and of an imaginary he talked to as well (as an adult man).  So, I have to think she must have suffered some kind of abuse in her youth.  Even when my ex abused me, I didn't make up fake people.  Yet, he did as a result of growing up being abused.  Seems like there is some correlation.

Replied By: jennylu1000 on Feb 19, 2013, 4:35PM
I was so disappointed with the Jose Baez  program.  There were so many questions left unaksed by you (as others have brought up here) and Jose seemed as big a "sleeze" as I always thought he was.  I was waiting for you to ask about the tape over Caylee's mouth and the heart sticker.  Your comment at the end re the jury system was yet another disappointment.  What was that all about?  This jury did a terrible thing in finding Casey not guilty.  Our legal system is deplorable, as most of us would undoubtedly agree.  As much as I admire you, Dr. Phil,  and like your programs...this was a huge failure as far as I'm concerned.

Replied By: yaya67 on Feb 19, 2013, 1:53PM
I can understand that the jury doesn't get to hear everything that is made public when making their decision, I can buy the  theory that if a murder is committed a person could go out of their way to make it look like an accident.  The defense is claiming that George went out of his way to make an accident look like a murder.   There  was tape on that baby's mouth and she was thrown away like garbage in a swamp.  How could this jury have believed this story.  George and Cindy's grief was immeasurable.  George would not have been able to hide it if he knew there was an accident.  The pure pain on his face tells me he could not have thrown her away like that.  Her mother on the other hand showed no compassion or remorse for her missing daughter.   I also cannot understand how they bought the reasons that the defense claimed Casey  was sexually abused.  Irregular menses is a common issue in young girls and is not a sign of sexual abuse.  Girls do not get gynecological exams until they are sexually active.  That fact that she went for the first time at 19 years of age is quite average and normal.  The girl is a pathological liar.  She is not a victim here.  That little baby and her parents and brother as well were victims.  She dragged them all down with her and then rose above them all.   She can put a smile on her face while her family's lives will never be the same.  She is a monster.

Replied By: eimee123 on Feb 18, 2013, 6:32PM - In reply to powanaha
Good luck with that !! LMAO

Replied By: iamerica62 on Feb 18, 2013, 12:07AM
Ok Dr. Phil here it goes. After watching the Casey Anthony trial I told myself I would not waste any more of my time on any thing that had to do with her. Most people know IN THERE HEARTS that she killed that baby, as well as myself. How do I know this? It is because I, am listening to my gut and God is screaming it to me every time I hear anything accidentally about the case. I do believe that it was a accident because I feel that when she left with Caylee after fighting with her mother the little girl was screaming for her grandma. I feel that this outraged Casey out of jealousy of her mothers relationship with Caylee. I then think she put the duct tape over her mouth while she was in the back seat of the car to shut her up and being so angry did not realize that it was over her mouth and nose and by the time she got to where she was going she had suffocated. I think she told herself that her mother and father would never forgive her and that is why she did the rest . And the reason she did not report it was because she knew what it would do to her mom and dad and the reason she kept lying as long as she did was to punish them for what she did out of anger that she felt they caused there for ending in her doing what she did. Your gut knows it as well as mine. P.S. I Just read your book life code and I loved it job well done and in it you say to listen to your gut so I hope your Sons company is not publishing Baez book and that is why you went so easy on him.-+

Replied By: annececelia on Feb 17, 2013, 10:26AM
If Kaylee died in the pool and her grandfather, a retired police officer knew it, why wouldn't he call the police. It doesn't make any sense. Dr. Phil did a good job interviewing Casey's parents but FAILED MISERLY while questioning Jose Baez!!! Ther were soooo many good questions he could have asked but failed to. This is not the Dr.Phil I remember. THis is a watered down, politically correct version that is not worth watching. Not only is this version boring it is frustrating to watch. I don't know who you are listening to but they are not doing you any favors DR. Phil. You shouldn't have done this show if you weren't going to be your normal self. I have watched your show from the being and even been called "Dr. Phil" by friends. I have read all your books and Robin's as well. I am about to read "Lifecodes". You used to be above all else a seeker of the truth. Truth was nowhere to be found on your show today!!!

Showing 1-10 of total 248 Comments