Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 02/12/13) Rebecca says her sister, Pamela, has repeatedly betrayed her by sleeping with the important men in her life, including her ex-husband, her child's father and even her current boyfriend. Rebecca confides that she feels so scorned that she now has a difficult time trusting anyone. Pamela admits that she made mistakes but says she's tired of feeling guilty, and she feels Rebecca needs to forgive her and move on. But is Rebecca ready to leave the past behind? Can Dr. Phil help repair their relationship? Then, Steve says that over the last five years, his girlfriend, Megan, has stolen nearly a half million dollars from him. He claims she has forged his name on checks, taken out credit cards in his name and has taken more than $167,000 from his elderly mother. Megan admits to taking the money but says she did it for a good reason. Is Megan with Steve for the love or the money? And, if Steve thinks it's for the money, why does he stay? Dr. Phil explains the 16 powerful tools that the world’s most successful people use, as outlined in his book, Life Code: The New Rules for Winning in the Real World. If you’re ready to stop being used and abused and start being a star in your own life, don’t miss this show!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: cascade on Apr 27, 2013, 2:43PM
I am replying to your show about the girlfriend who robbed her boyfriend and his mother out of over a half million dollars.
I had a similar situation, but it was my husband who robbed me.  I was married for 37 years, then divorced.  Because of my emotional status at the time I fell for a scammer.  I knew he was in debt, but he blamed it on his ex-wife .  He was a traveling construction worker.  After about 3 months of meeting he quit his job, and got a job about 1 1/2 hours from me in his home town.  That went on for about 3 months before he convinced me to close up my house and move to his home town.  Of course, he convinved me I should buy a house there too.  Since I was able to relocate my job and thought we had a real future I did as he wished with all his empty promises.  We lived together for over a year before we decided to marry.  He convinced me to invest in a bunch of construction equipment and how much money 'we' could make.  Well, I bought the equipment, he quit his job one week after we married and I never saw any money back for my investment.  He hung around the house everyday-all day and lived off me and my money.  We were married just a few months when I found he was looking for women and men on dating sites.  When I confronted him about the dating site he got physical.  It took longer to get the divorce than we were married.  He left me in so much debt, he had scammed every cent of my savings and then some.  In the divorced he agreed to pay me a credit card with over at $10,000 balance he had brought to the marriage and he agreed to pay the balance of a credit card he had maxed out for his business.  I have taken him back to court a number of times.  The last time I served him with a Motion to Enforce the court told me I couldn't get blood out of a rock.   I think it was because I tried to represent myself.  I just couldn't hire a lawyer and throw more money at a lost cause.  I have struggled to pay his debts for the past 3 or 4 years.  I hope everyone has their eyes wide open today.  There are so many scammers out there.  I will probably never be in another relationship again.      

Replied By: curiouscarol on Apr 23, 2013, 4:50PM
I wish I had  seen this show years ago. it is true that nice people can be manipulated by someone that has no remorse or empathy for hurting the other person.

Replied By: kimmert on Apr 23, 2013, 4:43PM
Steve,
You just need to lick your wounds and move on, you will be much better off in the long run, and whatever you do PLEASE don't look back because this bottom feeder obviously knows how to push your (I am a “nice guy”) button, and she knows how to play the victim very well. She will only try to pull you back into her web of lies and deceit. It might be tough at first by it will be worth it in the end, money cannot  buy you happiness, and whatever she stole from you and your family will come back on her tenfold.  

Replied By: strine on Apr 10, 2013, 10:37PM
From watching the show I didn't get an inkling that Steve is nice at all. When he was discussing the percentage of "nice" he is, it seemed he was advertising himself to ladies in the audience and on TV. I guess he isn't up to admitting that the reason he kept her around was the physical thing (because that isn't as attractive). She must be good in bed for him not to get rid of her and for him to hide behind "nice" as an excuse, he came across as a manipulator too.

Replied By: cydpiper on Mar 19, 2013, 4:28PM - In reply to popsicletoes
I am single myself and totally agree with your comment. In my personal opinion, men can be taken in by bad girls as much as women can be taken in by the ultimate bad boy charm. Hence only speaking from personal dating experiences as a single woman, I feel part of our bad luck of meeting nice guys are due to the fact that most divorced men have become damaged goods through their own self-defeating throught processes thereby causing them to enlist 'overly' cautious attitudes toward other women such as ourselves who's intentions and moral compasses are much more well placed, stable, and intended. however, in regards to Steve's situation, I could relate to his state of confusion and thinking in what he was saying about how he has a five year investment in her already and how she is overall a "good person" in addition to feeling victimized and damaged. Just from personal experience, it will probably take him a long time to 'just get over' the damage she created and try to move on without pre-judging others. Quite frankly, I actually pity the next woman he will more likely than not, be prone to become quickly involved with should he find the strength to get rid of Ms. relentless & Moralless Megan! Hopefully, Steve will be open minded to accepting help with his situation and promote his healing before jumping into a new but potentially damaging situation.

Replied By: tito2844 on Mar 19, 2013, 4:10PM
When Steve and his mother ends in the streets without money ,this thief woun't be around them she will look for another victim ,she is a self center egotistical person who uses and abuses the weaks ones,he and  his mom are weak ,and what about her family ,she do have a family? she looks young ......but smart she is a leach!

Replied By: tito2844 on Mar 19, 2013, 3:56PM
This people should be at the Police Station not in Dr.Phil show what is wrong with this picture they  thought Dr. Phil was going to say something different? they don't want to press charges,  they don't want to fix the problem it is a big probelm enabling this thief ,the grandmother should do it pronto this woman is using all of them! They are wasting Dr. Phil time, because they willl NOT press charges, what a bunch of morons!

Replied By: cydpiper on Mar 19, 2013, 3:38PM
Dear Steve, my thoughts and prayers for gentle soul searching and healing are with you. Take it from someone that has been through this same experience. Although I am not a psychiatrist, I agree with Dr. Phil's advice to forget about the money and learn to forgive and heal yourself instead of hanging on to a dysfunctional woman in hopes she will pay you back; it will more than likely, never happen which was obviously apparent by her smug attitude and unremorseful answers to Dr. Phil's questions. Let the old adage 'we all reap what we sow' be a guiding thought as you hold your head high and hopefully move more cautiously with a positive renewed outlook and life! Best wishes to you! 

Replied By: tito2844 on Mar 19, 2013, 3:15PM
How come a sister  sleep with all the men in the other sister's life? what a bout RESPECT? I remember I love my brother in law like  a BROTHER! that is disgusting! and the sister given her one more chance? she will be out of my life forever and ever ! I think the sister is jealous or have a mental problems ,why she hits only in those men? is not more men in that town? are those one the only ones? it is outrgeous! and she keeps given this moron more chances ...she will not change ,she likes the used ones! with a sister like that who needs a sister? I will beat her and send her to the hospital ...but at the same time I will ever talk to those men again,the men doesn't respect this woman playing games with the sister is disgusting what a family ,like Dr. Phil  say this family  is too close when the sis is sleeping with tthe ex or the current one! I don't know wich is more eack the sister ,or the men in her life thay all go together really!

Replied By: tito2844 on Mar 19, 2013, 3:05PM
She  is a thief  a liar and she looks depressed indeed.This man don't have self steem looks like it ,she is taking advance of him being a gold digger and a thief she should be in jail ,the man is enabling her big time  he loves her ,she don't  even a blind can see this problem, how dare still form her grandmother not shame!this man thinks if she doesn't love her not other woman will be around him ,he is paying for love ........they are  a odd couple !  put her in jail otherwise she will continue stealing from him and he is so dumb he swears she loves him ,it is money he gives to her is all!

Showing 1-10 of total 73 Comments