Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

In 2010, Rachel says she was in love and planning to marry the man of her dreams, but just days before their beachside wedding, her fiancé, Dan Wozniak, was arrested for murder. According to investigators, Wozniak shot and killed the couple's neighbor, Samuel Herr, and his friend, Juri “Julie” Kibuishi, and then allegedly dismembered Samuel’s body and scattered his remains in a park. Wozniak, who is behind bars awaiting trial, was indicted by a grand jury on two felony counts of special circumstances murder, to which he has pleaded not guilty. Now, two years after the grisly murders, Rachel has been arrested and charged with three counts of accessory after the fact. Prosecutors believe she lied to help her then-fiancé cover up his alleged crimes. Facing four years behind bars, Rachel, along with her attorney, speaks out, claiming she was duped by Wozniak and knew nothing of his alleged crime. Then, Samuel Herr’s father, Steve, weighs in. Hear why he believes Rachel is playing the greatest role of her life -- that of an innocent victim. And, Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas details why he says Rachel’s story just doesn’t add up. Is Rachel a victim, or did she help cover up a crime?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: millyfilly on Dec 2, 2014, 7:06PM
This is so after the fact as I live in another country and it just aired, but seriously rachel! She IS acting, no doubt. As a drama teacher/actor, she just seems so acadamy awards. I think the father had an absolute right to be angry that she took it to air before the trial to drum up support, i hope she rots in jail

Replied By: lesleyk1 on May 20, 2013, 12:51AM
My question was - why didn't Dr Phil get a lie detector test done for her....put it to rest  for the dad at least - even if it still has to go to court.

Replied By: rintintin4162 on Feb 11, 2013, 5:30PM
It's quite ironic about the man in the black hat and the fact that Noah came on the show wearing a black hat and that the cops had been following him and arrested him. I think the cops need to go back to looking at him as a suspect. It was like he was thumbing his nose at them, saying here I am, come get me. I also think that the only thing Rachel is guilty of is suspecting that her brother is involved & trying to protect him so she's omitting information.

Replied By: hrdrssr on Feb 10, 2013, 12:44PM
This episode bothered me enough to post a comment because it hit so close to home for me.  I have been in this girls shoes and know firsthand the shock and heartbreak that comes from learning that someone you care for and thought you knew isn't who you thought they were and is capable of something so horrifying. It is easy for people to point the finger and say she was changing her story but until you have been in that situation you will never know the impact of learning that someone you love is so horrible. I really understood and sympathized with her when she made reference to her brain turning off. It is extremely difficult to recall mundane facts when you have just learned that your spouse is a murderer.  I couldn't even put together simple sentences or remember  a question someone asked me seconds prior.  It is a very fragile state of mind for someone to be in and then to be bombarded with questions before she can even wrap her mind around this horrifying information. And then be accused of not telling the truth.  People seem to want to point fingers at anyone who was close to a murderer but the people that were close to them are victims too. These situations are very heartbreaking and produce a lot of victims on both sides. I don't imagine this is the outcome she wanted for her life and I'm sure her fiancé didn't ask before he dragged her through the dirt.

Replied By: gam238 on Feb 7, 2013, 8:45AM - In reply to losika
I have no doubt at all that Dan is a terrible person (a murderer even).  But that's not what the show was about.  It was not the intention of the show to try the case in the court of public opinion.  The show was about the young lady and her brother trying to get their side of the story out because they had been subject to intense media coverage without the benefit of being able to set the record straight.  Now, whether they were able to do that or not is up to each viewer.

Replied By: nileroad on Feb 7, 2013, 8:41AM - In reply to nightstar3
No background.  No alleged motive.  No context for the crime.  Too much missing from this story.

Replied By: losika on Feb 7, 2013, 6:11AM
As I watched the show yesterday, I realized they were talking about the "DAN" that I had just watched on an episode of 'Lockup" on MSNBC.  He was one of the inmates interviewed on the show.  I wish Dr Phil had shown some of this interview.  He was arrogent and a thoroughly unpleasant person. He was certainly aware that he was on camera and was performing. Would havve been interesting for the viewers to see him.  Love the show.  Great Job Dr.Phil.

Replied By: fexsteve on Feb 7, 2013, 5:46AM
I dont think this young lady had anything to do with these murders. I think her boyfriend was setting his own aliby by telling her and others his story and it was before anyone knew anything other then someone missing. I know the father wants justice for his son but that doesnt mean you belive everything the police said because "police" do lie in order to try to find their truth.  and they are allowed to by law. so when the father saids your saying the police are lieing I say yes the police are lieing. I just want to say to Steve....your son is gone why to soon and in a very horrible way but if you ruin this girls life because she repeated what the man she loved told her you will never forgive yourself.  thats not justice for Sam and from the way you speak of him, he would never want you to destroy her life because of your pain. I hope you can step back and see this girl is not hiding anything she is only repeating what was said by the man she trusted and plan to spend the rest of her life with. And dr phil I dont think you did any of these people any justice today Im just going to call you phil because your "doctor" skills did not come out today you was just an extra mouth piece.

Replied By: occaresident on Feb 7, 2013, 1:04AM - In reply to afriend12
I am in contact with high level officials in Orange County CA. I believe you are not privy to case details. Please refain from posting ignorant comments based on conjecture with no basis or proof of evidence. You are only coming across as misinformed.

Replied By: gam238 on Feb 6, 2013, 8:23PM - In reply to kdrocky
I think we need to take into account that these murders occurred over 2 years ago.  I'm sure that a good deal of crying has been done by her over the years.  But even the father himself wasn't crying -- he was angry but he wasn't crying.  Time passage helps. Don't read anything into her not crying.  Remember -- at this stage she's in self-preservation mode too.

Showing 1-10 of total 112 Comments