Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Manti Te’o’s 2012 football season inspired many sports fans when, despite the reported deaths of his grandmother and girlfriend, the Notre Dame linebacker earned a Heisman Trophy candidacy and a shot at a National Title -- but when reports surfaced indicating his girlfriend, Lennay Kekua, never existed, the athlete became the subject of ridicule and speculation. Te’o claims he was duped into falling in love with Lennay, whom he had never met. In a Dr. Phil exclusive, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, the mastermind behind the hoax, breaks his silence for the first time. Dr. Phil delves into the path that led to this scheme, and the many twists and turns taken along the way. What was Ronaiah’s motivation? And, was Te’o involved?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: goldenbeach on May 17, 2013, 5:14PM
Why wasn't the inadequateness of the footballer mentioned?  There must be something wrong with him that he didn't want a real relationship.  Just a phone relationship.  Weird IMO.  He shouild be having counselling.

Replied By: sdnmom on Feb 4, 2013, 11:01AM
I dont think there is ANY excuse for what he did.  I also question why he went after tao in the first place. In the commercials I was led to believe this question would be answered.  I have no sympathy whatsoever for this guy.  No matter what happened in his childhood, tao had nothing to do with it.  I just dont get why he chose to go after him.

Replied By: kae1691 on Feb 3, 2013, 9:41AM
I do NOT believe one word he said .......   He is a sociopath who has snowed everyone including his parents and Dr. Phil.  I don't believe any part of his story, including the sex abuse !  He said "I was raped so badly I could not walk while my parents were in the next room 30 feet away because I did not want to ruin my dad's faith and because he was a pastor".  Does this make sense to anyone ?????  Absolutely NOT !  I am so sick and tired of these people who cry abuse when it really did not happen !  People are clueless.  He got in trouble, he got caught and he conveniently turned the table to make "himself" a victimso we would feel sorry for him.  He is nothing but a great actor !  He was smirking and grinning on the first show especially when Dr. Phil asked about the voice and if he ever made a mistake ..... His response was "that would be a rookie mistake" A.  Insinuating that he had done this before, it was a game for him and he took great pride in pulling this off for so long and B.  he was a smirking and grinning like, ha, ha I am good at this so how dare you question me !  Then when he was on the second day with his parents sitting next to him he was sobbing like a baby.  Nwow that is a great acting job folks !  He is not sorry he did this, he is only sorry he got caught !  How dare he say he was abused lie about something that serious !  He is a sick individual !

Replied By: galense on Feb 2, 2013, 10:30AM
Dr Phil did an amazing job on this interview. I feel sorry for what he went thru as a child.  I hope he can have a decent life after all. Everyone deserves forgiveness, all sins are the same in Gods eyes.

Replied By: eliza5691 on Feb 2, 2013, 10:27AM
The person who posted that when anything goes wrong to someone who is under 35, right away they blame it on sexual abuse.  So true.  I wonder how us older folks are managing as though we had no problems when younger, like an abusive alcoholic father and so on.

Replied By: galense on Feb 2, 2013, 10:26AM - In reply to mag1234
Are u kidding, did u watch the entire show, dr Phil proved with experts that was his voice. I don't think practicing before the show would have helped.....IT WAS HIS VOICE!

Replied By: galense on Feb 2, 2013, 10:24AM - In reply to speakurmind009
People are trying not to focus completely on things like politics............get a hobby

Replied By: galense on Feb 2, 2013, 10:22AM - In reply to karldean
People are trying n

Replied By: speakurmind009 on Feb 1, 2013, 4:47PM
This whole story is to excert control over another person. I had someone that did the same thing to me only he was a friend  of a guy I was really interested in. This guy would say stuff like "hey, I talked to (his hame) today and he would have my undivided attention. I began to see that he used that connection with the guy I was interested in to control my actions. This Rania is doing the same thing, I think he should have to go before Judge Judy and let her tear him a new one. Dr. Phil is too  easy on this guy, I have seen him tear into people before and he is a "softy" on this jerk. There was someone else involved in this situation. He is lying.

Replied By: imamosaic on Feb 1, 2013, 9:09AM
I see this guy as much more  sinister than others do.  Every time he felt like Manti was going to move on without Lennay, he did something dramatic to harm Lennay.  After he killed her, Dr Phil asked him why he brought her back, his answer was, "It couldn't end like this, it was a lie."

The truthful answer is, "It couldn't end"  for him. He is so out of it, he didn't see he stepped over the reality line thereby exposing the fraud to Te'o.

I don't see this guy as harmless, Manti needs an order of protection.  This nut case is not in love with Manti, he's obsessed with Manti.  Big difference, HUGE.  In his obsession he is a jealous lover, in reality he is a stalker.

Showing 1-10 of total 61 Comments