2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 01/29/13) Juli, 41, has lost 150 pounds and says she loves the attention she gets from her new “smokin’ hot” body. The mother of two says she enjoys going to clubs and partying, but her husband, David, is less than impressed by her newfound lifestyle. David says he's embarrassed by Juli's carefree behavior and that ever since she’s slimmed down, she’s changed for the worse. He says he thinks Juli drinks too much, flaunts her body -- and confides that six months ago, she kissed another man at a bar. How does Juli explain that night? Can Dr. Phil get this marriage back on track? Then, hear from the couple’s two daughters -- Taylor, 21, and Gabrielle, 17. What do they say they want most from their mom? And, Dawn last appeared on Dr. Phil with her boyfriend, Paul, who said he wasn’t attracted to her “saggy skin.” How are Paul and Dawn now?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: wayne001 on Jul 24, 2013, 2:19PM
She feels young! She feels good! She feels alive! You go girl!

He is a bum! Use her or lose her!

Replied By: ceoofthefamily on Jul 24, 2013, 1:38PM

As I watched Dr. Phil today and looked at the "stomach" I was staring thinking omg I almost look like that!

I actually found myself agreeing with her husband saying yes, this is unattractive. I have had 4 sections and breast fed my now 8, 5, 3 and soon to be 2 year old. I never liked my breasts since I was 16 so this made it worse, thank God for push up bras!

I acknowledge that because of this my body has changed. What amazes me is how my husband sees me as having a beautiful body. When we met 12 years ago I had gained weight over a short period of time after the photo I attached. I had posted on my FB page recently giving words of advice to my friends to never ask someone if they are pregnant.

I have been asked twice in the past 3 weeks. No wonder, I have small arms, legs and butt then this belly bulge which is more pronounced since my breasts are smaller from working out. Then my sister God bless her heart posts a picture of my son writing how ever flaw I have was worth it. Absolutely it was, but time to move on. I'm 42 and I want to get back just some of what I once had.

What I can't believe is at the time of this photo (I entered a contest to represent the gym I was employed with) I still didn't think my body was as good as it could be. Today I would be so thankful. Back then and up until a couple of years ago my thinking was not as it should be. I am bi-polar.

I have worked so hard over the past 2 years to work individually and with my husband to control my bp and not the other way around. Now my head is where it should be but now I have this midsection I can't bear to look at in the mirror. I do believe my husband that he does see my body as attractive. I've been in the gym, I am now taking boxing, I don't eat processed food, my obgyn told me that with the 4 c-sections, it will take time to bounce back. The only thing I have bouncing is my stomach.

What I am trying to say is that I am in that place that I have balance in my life but having to buy large size pants that don't fit my legs or behind to button up my pants for comfort is upsetting. I think it's awful to look at and carry around.

I'm blessed to have a man that looks at me the way he does (I think rose coloured glasses) because I couldn't handle someone making me feel worse than I already do about that area of my body.

A friend recently had surgery and she looks amazing. If I had the option to have surgery? You better believe it! I could finally go through my closet and pick one size to keep. Then it's all about maintenance.

With 4 kids and my husbands demands with work it is near impossible to work out in the home or to get time to leave the house to work out. It will take time and eventually all the kids will be in school. So I commend Dr. Phil for helping this woman out and not have to go through the motions of doing it herself:)

Replied By: darrieta on Jul 24, 2013, 12:58PM
I can't understand why the womans husband doesn't find his wife attractive. She lost the weight for herself as well as her children and for her husband is a plus. Now as for her going out parting more than she was before maybe it was some extreme but borderline as far as I see.I know plenty of men and women in law enforcement & all would love to show off there signifigant other & not hide them.I think from experience He needs to go out more with her & have a date with your wife.Theres more to this than what's seen on the television.
Now what the daughters are missing are time with mom but mom doesn't want to be in the house like she was. All mom wants is for her daughters to be healthy in mind spirit and body. They need to get some friends & be girls there age. there mom looks great they should be appreciate that the way there mom has handled. Stop comming to daddys defense. He needs to pop a pill to keep up for now pace himself. I had to with my wife before her drive went through the roof & scared me for a bit. She asn't cheating but I had to pick up my pace. Don't let work slow you down.enjoy eachothers company while you still can. Life is short stay healthy.

Replied By: trundgirl on Jul 24, 2013, 11:56AM - In reply to mikesb
Have YOU been in this position?  I have and it sucks.

Replied By: trundgirl on Jul 24, 2013, 11:55AM - In reply to faigenblat
I totally agree with the different treatment.  I was over 325 for year. I had gastric bypass and now It just darn right feels good to have attention.  I have two sons- Ryan, 23 and Bryce, 8.  Ryan said he doesn't like to have his friends around me because he says they say I'm hot and then say innopropriate things that he gets mad at.  I didn't go to a bar for years because I was actually teased for my weight.  I met my husband when I was heavy and I do love him.  He doesn't like sex and since '01 we maybe have sex 2ce per year.  So yes, I have cheated on him.  I'm not proud of it but man it feels good to just have hot sex with someone.  I like going even to the grocery store and get a smile from a guy.  It is so completely different.  I have had so many talks with my husband telling him it is HIM I want and want counseling and want to go on dates, etc.  He says yes but nothing ever goes anywhere.  I do feel bad but on another hand I don't.  I was made fun of for years from people, strangers and even family.  Finally I look good and they can't say anything.  I haven't had my surgery for the skin yet and want that so bad and would feel that much better. I think Mike is putting that off because I will look better.  Ugh...  I have settled down in respect to him. But part of me just wants to go out and have fun.  It's a delimna.  But being thin sure feels good!!!

Replied By: mmongoven on Jul 24, 2013, 11:46AM
I would first like to address the NAACP, as the National Association for Advancement of Colored People.  Aren't we all of one color or another?  Why does this only seem to apply to one race?  It seems if we are not of color specific we are being discriminated against.  Second comment being we cannot judge how a person feels when he is in danger, that can be opinion only.  I would feel more in danger in certain situations, then a police officer; and less in danger than maybe a younger person.  That is to each individuals personal feelings in their own situation.  This trail should have never developed the publicity and the protests it did.  It was a terrible shame a young person's life was cut so short, but this was not the little boy next door.  I know he was precious to his family and those that loved him; but he was in a place he did not belong, and miles away from his parents house.  People need to know ALL the facts before they join these protests.  I say Mr. Zimmerman had a right to defend himself and why isn't the NAACP backing him...he is of color also?

Replied By: faigenblat on Jul 24, 2013, 11:34AM
This is more than a weight loss issue.  It sounds to me she has been hiding behind her weight, people do treat you differently when you are fat than when you are thin.  And not in a good way.

Replied By: soulangel on Jul 24, 2013, 7:02AM
When yiou are "starved for attention" you will go where you can get "fed" the attention you want.

And you had better believe people treat you differently when yiu are overweight
I ma 5ft tall and 229 lbs - single(STILL says my Mother) .
But being overweight people do treat you differently..

No one asks...
What did you do this weekend?
How's your love life? - Seeing anyone?
Great outfit! Where did you get it? Is it new?
Job interviews - no asks what are your interests?
Performamce reviews- never asked about "Future goals" - are they afraid I am going to say "60 lbs. weight-loss" 

I do get asked.... 
"Do you want fries with that?"
"Should you be eating that?"
"What size are you now?"
"You want dessert I guess eh hon?"
:"I guess you don;t work out - do you?" 

And comments I do get -
"Still not married? That's a shame - You such a pretty face"
"Shopping must be hard?"
"You have great hair and skin"...... I know what "they" are saying.... 
"Being single at your age and all alone must be hard?" 
-  Stepping into a gym of fit peoiple is hard
-  Pretty face is not a shame - Hating your body is shameful
-  Battling weight for 25 years is hard        

Am I too sensitive - probably. But a fit person would and does get asked these questions 
And did I mention my nickname is "Mini" - hah!
Yeah that's right - a remindewr every day I used to be smaller.

Oh well off to work I go - it's all I have right now - thank God!        

Replied By: mikesb on Jul 24, 2013, 6:35AM - In reply to julbug1
How do you respond when your husband walks up out of the blue and "demands" sex? Not as good when the shoe is on the other foot! Why are women such hypocrites?

Replied By: mikesb on Jul 24, 2013, 6:30AM - In reply to bobo81
She is a horrible excuse for a human being. Shes acting like a self-centered child. And has been cheating on her husband! NOTHING GOOD ABOUT ANY OF THAT!

Showing 11-20 of total 109 Comments