Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

Katie says she’s at the end of her rope with her husband, John’s, lies and if he doesn’t start telling the truth, she’ll leave him. She says John has lied about everything from pretending to have a job to having cancer and that they’ve even lost their house because of the deceit. Katie admits that she knew John was a liar during the 10 years that they dated -- so why did she marry him and have a baby with him? John confesses that he’s deceived people for as long as he can remember and claims that he’s just looking for attention. When he reveals even more jaw-dropping lies to Katie, will she head for the door? Plus, don’t miss Dr. Phil’s tips from his new book, Life Code, in stores this February, about how to identify the people who will lie, cheat, use and abuse you.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: pickerbroken on Sep 25, 2014, 9:21PM
Like the lady in the show, I have been living with a liar for almost two years. I have caught him lying about women or sex many times. Each time, I hear him say that he will never lie again. Then I increase my searching for his lies. I promise myself that since I am so unhappy, I will end the relationship when I find another lie. In the mean time, I counsel my man. I try to help him to make better choices that support his and my happiness. He gets angry, either immediately or after a short while. He criticizes me for always talking about relationships. He criticizes me for my lack of trust. He has his own way of thinking that he revealed to me only a few days ago. I caught a lie. He opened up a bit. He admitted that he never even intended to tell me the truth about women or sex. He said proudly, that he had done a damn good job of lying to me. It seems that he has not really even thought about much of my advice or my pleas for him to be honest. He wavers between wanting to save the relationship and not wanting to save it. It mostly seems that he does not want to save it. His reason is that he doesn't think that I will ever be able to stop being suspicious. I tell him that he underestimates me and that if he really did become honest, I could tell. He says that he does not think that he can stop lying. I never heard this before. I suppose that it is a step in the right direction. I waver. I am afraid to make the wrong choice. I am afraid to lose all the good things that I have with him. However, I really want an honest, open, loving relationship with a man.

Replied By: sapphire56 on Jan 23, 2013, 12:01PM
Saw this show but cannot remember the name of the book recommended.  Can anyone help?

Replied By: hilldeccaside on Jan 23, 2013, 11:05AM
I was married to this same type of man when I was 16.  I stayed for 7 years.  Once I got out of this situation and looked back I was astonished at how stupid I was.  This man will destroy your life and the life of your son.  He has not one ounce of love for you or your child.  My ex remarried and had 2 more children.  He gave up his parental rights to my son when he was 3.  My child was able to escape all the pain and heartache that his siblings dealt with because he was not subjected to his father.  When my son turned 18 he, reappeared in his life and quickly set out to destroy it.  My son ended up in a hospital because of a mental breakdow when he was 22.  It only took him 4 years to drive him to that point.  My son has since had extensive therapy and has cut this man completely out of his life. He is back to the same kid he was before his father came back into his life.  His siblings however, will suffer much more and much longer than he ever will.  You owe this to your son.

Replied By: pegifer on Jan 12, 2013, 1:18PM
Hopefully someone can tell me the name of the book Dr. Phil recommended at the end of the show.  It was Truth _____  by Pam _____.  Can anyone help?

Replied By: cocowgirl77 on Jan 8, 2013, 11:36AM
I was very enraged when watching this show. Dr.Phil...I think you were WAY too rough on Katie!! She was hanging on your every word and you treated her like she was a dummy. For once, someone was really listening and processing every word you said to her and you kept asking if she was following. I felt bad for her when you treated her like she was slow. I feel that she truly is and she didn't need your demeaning remarks. 

Replied By: annabeth11 on Jan 6, 2013, 12:33PM - In reply to hudmom2
How do i find this list. I didn't get it the day of the show!

Replied By: annabeth11 on Jan 6, 2013, 11:38AM - In reply to basil7070
Dr Phil gave two lists on the show: 1. Why people lie and 2. 8 ways to spot a liar.  I am new. How do I find those? I hope someone can help me as i know someone like this.

Replied By: basil7070 on Jan 5, 2013, 10:09PM
I hope this woman gets some serious counseling while she kicks his butt out the door.  She seems so disaffected and emotionless.

It would be true miracle if he changed.  And even if he did, everything he says will be suspect for the rest of their lives.  He gets an emotional charge out of decieving people, especially his wife. Drugs, no job, lying the list goes on.

Replied By: salinas on Jan 5, 2013, 9:21PM
I think he means well.  There is hope for him. 

Replied By: ghinhee on Jan 5, 2013, 3:55PM
At the end of the program, Dr. Phil told how to spot a liar. A liar doesn't answer the questions asked. That describes both Romney and Obama during their debates. So much for "honest Abe."

Showing 1-10 of total 66 Comments