Twitter Facebook YouTube

2015 Shows

Gabriel says his mom, Linda, is crazy, intrusive, “religious to the extreme” and causes so much drama that he and his wife, Suzanne, avoid her at all costs in fear of what she’ll do next. They say Linda constantly accuses Gabriel of stealing and using drugs and not only meddles in their relationship, but she also shows up at their home uninvited -- sometimes in the middle of the night -- just to check up on them. Linda calls herself the “Queen Bee” and says she’s not prying, she’s just trying to create a happy family -- but is she pushing her loved ones away? Can Linda learn to respect boundaries? And, will this family find the peace they’re hoping for? Plus, Dr. Phil explains the “Why Lie” that he says Linda is hiding behind and helps her face reality. And, tune in to learn how to tear down the barriers and begin to live with no fear in the New Year! (OAD: 1-2-13)

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: hatzic on Jan 7, 2015, 10:20PM
I think he has impulse control issues.  However the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, as she has little control over herself.  She is too much an overthinker/worrier and parrots words instead of feeling and listening.  I was happy when Dr. Phil mentioned her TRUST issue - that is what I see is missing in her devotion to her god, her family and herself.  She seems to be addicted to obsessing that her son has something wrong with him, thinking he's a sociopath, etc. however I'll leave that to the professionals to help her figure out.  I also agree she seems a good hearted woman and he's a good heart person too.  When the show was wrapping up I suddenly thought she may benefit from reading A Course in Miracles, along with her professional support.  It's a good book to move from a mental-based love of god to the experience of grace that abides in trust (of yourself!)

Replied By: freelandsm on Jan 5, 2015, 3:45PM - In reply to migdaw1

WOW!!!!!  I WISH I HAD LEARNED THAT LONG AGO.  MY PARENTS WERE EXTREMELY ABUSIVE AND I CONTINUED TO ALLOW IT THINKING I HAD TO "HONOR THY PARENTS".  

Replied By: freelandsm on Jan 5, 2015, 3:26PM

I believe that mother and son are feeding off of each others spiritual sickness. I am willing to bet the rent one or both have a drug/and or/drinking problem.  Why does the son keep moving back and forth?  If her son is an addict, her behavior is understandable as a mother trying to control/fix her son. I know, i've been in a relationship with an addict and let me tell you, I became a nutcase trying to make sense out of non sense!! It truely changes who you are.  Only through Al-Anon did I understand my desire to change someone else and start looking at myself instead.  I was lucky, I could walk away from the boyfriend, but how do you walk away from your own child??  I can't imagine how hard that must be.  My point is.....in most sick relationships, both parties play a part in it.

Replied By: freelandsm on Jan 5, 2015, 3:14PM - In reply to krypto33

some people use to control, judge and damn others with.....

Replied By: freelandsm on Jan 5, 2015, 2:19PM - In reply to buttons_11_22
Set boundries and STICK  TO THEM.  We teach others how to treat us......

Replied By: frozty2u on Jan 2, 2015, 12:54PM - In reply to upsydasy
It's airing today, Jan 2.  I'm sure you can view this nut case's "cause" in a YouTube vid or here LoL.

Replied By: upsydasy on Jan 2, 2015, 4:45AM - In reply to mynameischelle
Although I remember seeing the promos for that show, I don't think it ever aired.  Perhaps we'll see it in 2015.

Replied By: upsydasy on Jan 2, 2015, 4:43AM - In reply to quietime
Unlike this mama, her solutions go hilariously overboard, but she’s usually right on the money.

Replied By: garsha53 on Jan 1, 2015, 7:31PM
I really love that Dr. Phil arranges for some of the guests to get the professional help that they obvviously need but what I would also love to see is whether the help worked.  It would be nice to know if they stuck with it, if the relationships were mended, if their sobriety stuck.  It just kind of completes the picture.

Replied By: sjung7 on Jan 1, 2015, 6:44PM
I'm cheering in my living room Dr Phil. Uncovering the lies we tell ourselves would change us and our world.  I hope you continue this theme throughout 2015.  I have found through years of watching you that after hearing the same message about 365 times, it begins to sink in.  I will be watching and looking to expose my lies...

Showing 1-10 of total 63 Comments