Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 12/11/12) The Locator’s Troy Dunn is back to help Dr. Phil tackle two stories about separated loved ones. When Lori was 2 months old, her mother shot and killed Lori’s 10-year-old brother and 7-year-old sister while they were asleep in bed. She tried to shoot Lori next, but the heat of the gun barrel woke her up, and the gun misfired. Lori’s mother turned herself over to police, and Lori was raised by her biological father and stepmom, who never told Lori anything about the tragedy. When Lori was 14, she discovered the truth about her past, and two years ago, more than 40 years since the shooting, Lori learned that her biological mother gave birth to another daughter, Marlinda, while in the state’s custody. Lori has been desperately searching for her sister, with no success. When Troy surprises Lori by bringing Marlinda onstage, will the reunion be everything Lori hoped for? And, Lori reveals the shocking information about their biological mother to her sister. How will Marlinda take the news? Plus, Lori explains how a visit with her biological mother 26 years ago took a horrifying turn. Then, Mitzi and Tim married after two years of dating, but she filed for divorce only three weeks later. A year and a half has passed, and Mitzi and Tim have reunited and broken up more than eight times and are now engaged again, but Mitzi is worried she might be making another wrong decision. She says Tim sends her mean text messages when he’s drunk, and she worries he still may have feelings for his ex-wife. Tim says he’s changed and is ready to right the wrongs of the past, but should Mitzi believe him? What do Dr. Phil and Troy think

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Nov 5, 2013, 10:55PM - In reply to dianepue
Imagine being told you were born in a mental institution (even if you have no depression already). I can't imagine hearing that I was conceived in a jail by some guard (the only males there at the time) in a mental institution and then born there too. She will most likely still be thinking she is meant to be "crazy" since this is where she comes from. Not mentioned was the fact that bi-polar is also linked with "nurture". She is meant to be alive just like her sister and she isn't meant to be anything other than what she chooses and she has more choices than her biological mother did in regards to dealing with how she feels and acts. 

I really hope she is going to be OK and her physician was involved in the whole process, since she was bombarded with it all in less than 2 minutes.

Replied By: millertas on Nov 5, 2013, 7:37PM
In Australia we are very much behind & are having repeats. Usually if I have already seen the episode I turn it off but this one I kept on. I promised my self not to cry. I did not keep that promise. This is what Dr. Phil does best.

Replied By: isaac18 on Jun 22, 2013, 5:34PM - In reply to kriskhan
That comment is crazy to say if this women is bipolar she is automatically being treated. That is just not the case many times it is undiagnosed. How could some people defend this mother? I just can't get over people getting defensive over her!

Replied By: tito2844 on Jun 21, 2013, 3:17PM
Why in the world this woman invite her monster/  mother to be around her kids? did she hates her kids? to bring this murderer to her house? she was lucky the kid didn't die! why is this people looking for family member who maybe ending killing again?it makes me mad this people are such morons! how this monster got pregnant again? being in custody? I don't call that custody really! that is why I always said "some women shouldn't  not BREED" can't belive this woman brought her mother home ....umbelievable ! I don't think this new sister is going to like the new relationship ,she said herself she is bipolar.hummmm! I will not look for my sister who is just half sister and belongs  to that monster not way! call me vindictive ,but is not compassion form here!

Replied By: clairew on Jun 21, 2013, 7:03AM
It's funny that gay people can't get married in most places due to it "ruining the sanctity of marriage", but these last guests can get married as many times as they like.

Replied By: loyalalways on Jun 21, 2013, 2:20AM - In reply to floradora
I heard Lori tell her sister that her name at birth was Melinda. I hope this helps. I don't know any other details for you, though. Good luck on your research.

Replied By: loyalalways on Jun 21, 2013, 2:18AM - In reply to fthayer
Not all mentally ill people are the same. There ARE some people who have no control over what they do. I believe that this woman had no idea that she was even ill, let alone that she was extremely ill. You can't compare everyone who's mentally ill and say they all think the same way. I don't think that you have a right to say that this woman "wanted" her children dead. Just because you knew what you were doing doesn't mean that every mentally ill person does. As with all illnesses, some people have extreme cases of their illness for which they have NO control.

Replied By: loyalalways on Jun 20, 2013, 9:24PM - In reply to cwfinkle
Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. I think your comment was very insensitive and unfair to this woman. She obviously felt that if her mother was released from the mental facility that she was well enough to be trusted. People DO get well.

Maybe if thepeople who run these facilities would be held responsible for any harm done by these mentally ill people they'd think twice about releasing them before they're ready. Those are the people you should be criticizing.

Replied By: ladyaloette on Jun 20, 2013, 2:46PM

I thought I had a bad child life, but these ladies went through more than I ever did....I just can't stop crying over this show....God Bless these ladies...

Replied By: tornadogirl on Jun 20, 2013, 2:29PM - In reply to healingtime
I'm just not sure about the veracity of your statement that mentally ill have comparable rates of violence. I think that's a statistic kind of thrown around by mental health agencies but is taken out of context. I think the statistic is referring to people with mental illness who get treatment. But there are a lot of mentally ill people who don't get treatment or don't follow their treatment. I ought to know, I work with people who have serious mental illnesses. Certainly the vast majority of mentally ill people will never commit any violence. But you have to admit, the people who have done these horrible shootings in the past few years have ALL had mental health problems. And I think stats show that people with paranoid schizophrenia who are not being treated or effectively treated have the highest rates of violence. There are people who just are out of touch with reality and view everyone as a threat. And we can't lock up people for more than a couple days who haven't actually committed any violence yet, so there are hundreds of thousands of potentially violent people roaming the streets at any time.

Showing 1-10 of total 51 Comments