Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 12/12/12) Dr. Phil goes behind the headlines of two popular weathermen who lost their jobs amid scandal. Former Philadelphia meteorologist John Bolaris says he’s become a laughingstock ever since he was drugged by two women and duped out of more than $43,000 while vacationing in Miami in 2010. He claims the media portrayed him as a womanizer instead of as the victim of an international crime ring. Find out what headline he says further humiliated him. Now unemployed, how does he regain his career and repair his reputation? Plus, hear from John’s fiancée, Erica, who recently created another scandal for John by posting racy Tweets on his Twitter account. How does she explain the posts? Then, Zoel says she made headlines when her online sex chat with a married Connecticut meteorologist went viral -- and he was fired from his job. Zoel says the media has painted her as a “home wrecker” and a “slut” and that her relationship with her 21-year-old daughter, Kayla -- whom she recently reunited with after 19 years -- has been damaged as a result. Can Zoel repair her reputation and prove to Kayla that she can still be a trustworthy mom?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: loyalalways on Jul 6, 2013, 2:14AM - In reply to terripolo
Thanks for posting your experience. I'm glad that your friends were there to help you before that person got hold of you. Thank God for those cameras. I hope he was found and charged.

I agree with you 100% about the people who are judging the weatherman. People today are so quick to judge someone they don't know. I felt sorry for him. I don't think for a second that he asked for what happened to him. So he was in a bar. So what?? That is his right. It's legal and he's an adult. Blaming him is like saying that a woman who gets raped has asked for it because she wore a short skirt. NOBODY has a right to abuse another person regardless if they think there's a reason.

Replied By: miltoncat on Jul 5, 2013, 2:33PM
Sooo.... he hangs out at a bar like 1) he's in college or 2) a loser. Does shots with two women and then gets taken for the fool he is.

Later on, he gets engaged to a Playboy model. Said model is mortified when naked photos of her are tweeted. She wasn't too mortified when people paid her to show all the goods, but whatever. Wearing the super-short skirt on the show didn't bolster her image much either, but as long as she's seen as sexy, who cares? Like him, she's all show and no substance. AKA a waste of space.

SInce this guy likes to hook up with barflies and low rate so-called models, it's pretty obvious he sees himself as a real catch who can only be seen with attractive women (albeit trashy ones). Very much into image. Well dude, when you're superficial and think of yourself as a real ladies man, the 'ladies' you get aren't of the highest quality. They use you and you're just a stepping stone. 

How about you grow up, cut out the playboy act, and at least pretend like you have some sense?

Replied By: couchbum on Jul 5, 2013, 12:48AM - In reply to debbiz1
I suspect he was hoping for a threesome and it backfired in his face. A crime was still done to him though.

Replied By: couchbum on Jul 5, 2013, 12:43AM
I think this weatherman thought he was going to have a threesome and it backfired on him.  Was a crime done to him.  Of course!  Those women should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  But "he" gets no sympathy from me.  What his daughter....Uh, uh, I mean fiance... did on his account is shocking.   Those two deserve each other.  To the young daughter....uh, uh, I mean fiance....if you believe that he was totally innocent then keep those blinders on.  But, I suggest you run for the hills now. Or, you'll be spilling a lot of tears in the future.

Replied By: dobshmd on Jul 4, 2013, 9:59PM
The fact that anyone can find out a lot about anyone, does not entitle our adult (or minor) children to knowing everyihing about us.  Dr. Phil, where is the talk about teaching our kids, our world, about boundaries?  I am all for honesty and trust and I strongly disagree that this daughter is entitled to knowing everything about her mother.  There is NO data to support this.  There is data to support the notion of boundaries, some privacy.  It is hard to teach this in this world.  I am so sad you have gone the route of popular sense of hang it all out...rather than teasing out the nuance about what belongs where, who gets to know...is damaging the next generations.

Replied By: tito2844 on Jul 4, 2013, 6:52PM - In reply to lindabuckner
That is why we have to be carefu and don't go for vacations alone ,had drinks with prostitutes and black out twce it was two times and he isnists in go with them the second time ......I don't believe this guy at all!he don't have any business with those two ,having a fiance!

Replied By: ptrobinpowell on Jul 4, 2013, 6:50PM
What was she thinking? I think the weatherman was just being a man. I am not making excuses for him but he was just being a man. Letting his former Playboy model fiancee' take over the twitter account for a day was the dumbest thing ever. And for her NOT TO THINK it was gonna blow up was insane. What did she think was gonna happen? The weatherman has issues. He has a weakness for women that needs to be dealt with obviously.

Replied By: terripolo on Jul 4, 2013, 5:04PM
Dr. Phil this can happen to anyone, anytime no matter who you are or where you are. You can be at the coffee shop, store, a park, a restaurant, a work event, a hotel lounge, ANYWHERE and it  can happen to anyone, especially if you are single or alone. I do not drink, dont smoke and dont do drugs and it happened to me. I had gone to see my friend sing in a band, I ordered a bottled water, took a drink and set it down while I got the bartender a tip. Less than 2 minutes later I completely blacked out until the next day. When I woke the next day, I was sitting in my house, looking grey and friends standing around asking me what happened. I had no clue. A friend at the same event said "hello" to me and I literally fell in front of him and was out cold. He picked me up, got my girlfriend and they got me back to my home. Thats how I figured out what happened. My two friends told me. AlI I had was a bottled water and thats it. We dont know if the bartender did it or the person next to me waiting to order. I informed the restaurant immediatly. The restaurant has cameras in the restaurant/ bar area and they saw who did it. The guy standing next to me that I didnt even know! . NOW, I keep my water in my hands at ALL times with the cap on when Im not drinking. I will not even order a soda, ice tea nothing! It can happen to ANYONE.  This is not HIS fault! Shame on everyone for judging him in his honesty. Shame on the stations that fired him. ITS NOT HIS FAULT. They teach you in school and work to be nice, cordial at all times. They dont teach you to NEVER LEAVE ANY BEVERAGE UNATTENDED AT ANY TIME!  DR. Phil please make sure your audience gets this information for thier own safety. IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE AT ANY TIME!

Replied By: duckydes on Jul 4, 2013, 3:38PM
How is this guy a victim?  He went into a bar, was watching girls take pictures of each other, then started drinking with them.  He had a fiancee, no less, who wasn't there to keep him in line.  What is he a 12 year old who needs help in the world?  He acts like it was all their fault, like he waa just minding h[s own business, and was attacked by these women.  He put himself there in the first place..  If he can't be trusted alone in the world, I guess he shouldn't ever be alone.

That's true of the weather foreaster.  At least the next guest admits she did some things the shoudn't have done.  When are people going to understand that anything on the Net is there forever?.

Replied By: sasunshine on Jul 4, 2013, 3:15PM
I have 3 things I want to say.  First, for John to have awakened the next day with the groggy, etc. feelings and other things he vaguely remembered happening the night before should have been a major clue - but, then to go back with those women!.  It doesn't sound like this man has any grown up sense!  And then for his "girlfriend" to do what she did by posting on his Twitter account...what IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!  They both sound clueless and senseless.  I don't know if I feel sorry for him or not, but I'm sure he would have some valid lawsuits with Playboy and the media.   Should he have lost his job....I can't answer to that.  Who interviews with Playboy to set a record straight!!  I mean, I'm not sure I'd want him working for me! However, I do hope he can pull his life back together.  He seems like a nice person...maybe needs to "lose" the "girlfriend" ...

Second, the woman who was sexting with a weatherman...don't people realize when you put something out on social media, it is there FOREVER!  WHY would she do this anyway - just another in her apparently long list of bad choices.  One does not "play around" like that if they want to keep their reputations intact!
It sounds like she continues to make bad choices.   

Third, I will be glad when your reruns are over; however, I have felt for quite awhile that I am so tired of you advertising your book on your show.  We all know about it now - I just fastforward thru it now.  That's wasting 5 min. of MY time I can't get back!  Also, you are using too many words on your show that a professional just doesn't use ... you say c__p all the time.  You tell people to "shut up" ... sometimes you get in their faces and talk to them like you tell them not to talk to each other!  I don't remember that you used to do this.  Sometimes it sounds like you aren't wanting to do this show anymore - very short-tempered.   Obviously, I like your show for the most part or I would not tape it.  You do a LOT OF GOOD more times than not, and I think very highly of you for that.  You just surprise me sometimes with YOUR language!!  I guess I have you on a higher pedestal than that...

Showing 1-10 of total 60 Comments