Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

Julie and Mike say that their 16-year-old daughter, Brooke, may look sweet and innocent, but she’s really an out-of-control teen. They call Brooke “a cross between a pit bull and an angry Chihuahua” and say she was involved in a fight so violent, she cracked a girl’s head open and sent her to the hospital. Brooke’s parents say that she frequently runs away, dates older men and has already been arrested for shoplifting. They say that they fear if her behavior isn’t reigned in, she’ll end up in jail or on the streets. Find out why Brooke says she’s lashing out. Can Dr. Phil get this troubled family back on track? Then, Jen says that her 24-year-old daughter, Jody, is anorexic, bulimic and an alcoholic. Jody says she doesn’t think that she has an eating disorder but confides, “I’m fatter than I want to be”. She also admits that she drinks too much but says that she doesn’t care. Jody’s sister, Ashley, says she’s watched Jody slowly and painfully waste away. Plus, Learn about a horrific car crash Jody was involved in -- who helped her cover it up? Is Jody’s family enabling her dangerous downward spiral?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: tallgal77 on Nov 29, 2012, 10:02AM - In reply to nancysandoval
Glad I am not the only one who also thought that. She is good a using her looks to manipulate men. Guess Dr Phil fell for this one. I am not sure why because normally he calls them out when they do that. I think she is a brat and wants to do what she wants.

Replied By: skydivedoc on Nov 28, 2012, 9:59PM
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/crash-kills-baby-leaves-mom-at-ecmc

Watch this video.  A 24-year-old (who had a previous DWI) crossed over the line splitting a car in HALF and killed a 7-month-old baby girl.  Please get help before YOU kill somebody.

Replied By: aspyn17 on Nov 28, 2012, 8:07PM
I used to be you. The rebelious teenager. I put my parents through hell. Ran away numerous times,on probation for shoplifting. Drinking. Begged my parents to just sign me off so I could be on my own. I thank God everyday that they never gave up. I know there were times they wanted to, and I don't blame them. I know it doesnt make sense now, you feel deperessed and like you mean nothing to your parents, and that they are just out to make your life miserable. That is far from the truth. They have not given up on you because they truly want the best for you. You are an extremely beautiful girl. Your runaway letter shows your soft compassionate side. You have so much potential, I really hope you use that and become the successful woman you are hiding inside. Good Luck to you Brooke. I hope you find yourself and make the best of your future.

Replied By: ahowe07 on Nov 28, 2012, 7:05PM
Flaming the parents of the first guest for telling her she's going to end up a stripper if she doesn't go to school and stop drinking and doing drugs?! Are you SERIOUS since when are we not allowed to wake up our kids to the real world? You took the spotlight and the blame off of the out of control daughter, she just sat there reveling I'm sure while you let her parents have it, now she can go home with ammo on her side about how it is all her parents fault, because that is what every brat child needs, is more blame for their parents. WAKE UP DOCTOR PHIL!!!!!! Just because she is not 18 doesn't mean she is not responsible for her actions!!!

Replied By: momofbulimic on Nov 28, 2012, 4:15PM
This won't be a popular response, but if Jody and her mom are reading this, it might be helpful.  Jody, my daughter was right where you are 4 years ago.  She was beautiful and smart and killing herself.  She went into treatment.....the very best, most expensive program...inpatient. She came out and floundered and really didn't do much better, despite ongoing therapy.   Drank too much, bulimic, drugs, tattoos, crazy behavior.  Everyone just thought she was wild.  Her father and I knew better.  This had been the best, most compliant kid ever.  And academic superachiever.  Extremely creative and offbeat, perhaps, but a really good kid.  As her father described it:  "the last kid you would expect".  

Well, I started to research.  There is a lot of information out there about adult adhd and bulimia.  I finally brought it up with her psychiatrist, who said that as they "pulled back the layers" in her treatment, they were beginning to think there might be an underlying issue with ADHD.  They put her on Vyvanse.  Within 2 days, much of the impulse to purge was gone.  She said she no longer felt depressed.  I would not describe it as a cure, but she now has a life largely free of bulimia.  She does not drink or self-medicate.

Smart people sometimes do not get an appropriate diagnosis of ADHD because you are high functioning.  Not until you can no longer deal with all the negative self-talk in your head and start to develop dysfunctional coping strategies does it show up.

Consider this.  Please go talk to a psychiatrist and see if this could help you, too.  You seem like an amazing young woman.  So articulate....and when you said that you would have to rewrite that script you had going on in your head, it just struck me that you might be dealing with what my daughter also went through.  

Please take care.  You seem pretty awesome.

And tell your mom....it's probably not her "parenting"....even though that's a popular thing to tell the parents of moms of daughters with eating disorders.

Good Luck

P.S.  My daughter is still thin.  But she's healthy.  And she's happy.

Replied By: wmosnja0916 on Nov 28, 2012, 6:34AM
Today is a bad day considering when I watched Jody and listened to her, it was me. Last night was a trigger to see her. In my world, I think I was actually a little jealous. I understood everything she said and the fear of gaining weight. Unlike Jody, my eating disorder came at 45 years old. I never had a problem with weight or eating issues anytime before, until about a year ago. Im not bulemic, I just restrict alot. In the last year, I went from 146 in September 2011 to currently around 112 and I still feel like there is never a good, satisfying number.  I dont see alot of shows today about older people with eating disorders. Mine was also rare, due to the fact the onset was at 45. I thought I had everything under control, but watching her, I almost feel like shes more in control than I am. I guess its hard to try and explain the eating disorder mind to people who have never experienced it, but in my world it all makes perfect sense.

Replied By: wmosnja0916 on Nov 28, 2012, 6:22AM - In reply to jamesgenn
You obviously dont have a clue about eating disorders - do you really think your going to help anyone by posting a comment about her face being fat, really? Dont you realize that what you think are helpful comments are triggers. Once she sees fat (no matter what context you meant it), its going to be an automatic trigger that shes "fat" and needs to loose even more weight. Coming from someone who has an eating disorder, you should choose your words carefully especially if you have never been through anything like this.

Replied By: kiddinla on Nov 28, 2012, 4:05AM
How come a super long post shows up 3 times, and my posts don't get through. I didn't know i was that outrageous. I'll continue to have strong opinions. I don't expect this one to show up. If it does, nice job moderators.

Replied By: settheexample on Nov 27, 2012, 10:18PM
I too have a daughter who now is in her twenties, and after along period of extreme anger cursing, lies, skipping school, bad grades, while in a program @ the cost of $800.00=950.00 a month still full of,  deceit and manipulation even had me served with court papers on my job, to get all her furniture etc, that as she put it it," All that belongs to me that was purchased for me with my dads money".  Her dad died as a result of a toxic combination of psychotropic drugs and pain medication, in 2003.  Prior to that I personally went through 7 deaths in one year, all that supported the way I was raising my daughter in a christian home, where, I was president of an inner city mission and visited the elderly who were living out there last days in a nursing home .  I took my daughter and friends with me and not just religious practice but a way of life.  The day of court she decided before the judge to drop the case, and asked me if we could go to lunch,........oh a moment to reconnect, right?  Of course  and in the next few  hours we went to purchase a  pregancy test.  She now has a little girl, which my daughter has not bonded with and actually neglects, and has shown other signs, which  I will not go into.The dad who disrespects even drew back his fist to me does not call or pay child support, who had my daughter pawn her car, then she title another car to him, that I bought, that he sold and has not kept a job over 6-7 months, and filed for custody, and has not seen her in wellover 4 months, nor does the other grandmother try to visit?  Prior to my daughter getting pregnant, my ex mother in law who filed a wrongful death suit on my ex husband and lied as to the cause of death, who changed her name to Colby in order to do so and filed it in the State of Georgia, as she self appointed Administrator of his Estate, for, $2,000,000,000.00  My daughter would stay out all night lie steal, and curse me out, then moved out and in with my ex motherinlaw, her grandmother.  The grandmother allowed her 2 children too be molested when she was married to a step dad my husband was abused from age 9-14, until he shot himself as he saw no other way out, which left him with a limp, and gun shot pellets in his back, which he told me this man came to the hospital and would give him head, and it continued after got out of the hospital after 8 months.  So he changed his name.  My daughter was molested at age 2 1/2 and that is all on recorded, while in the care of this motherinlaw.  The month , month and a half prior to her getting pregant my male friend  and I were gonna cook out and I had invited her and her supposedly boyfriend to come over, to his house and we would grill. That was Labor Day weekend and when I arrived at his home that morning with marinated steaks, salad, etc, I found him not at home,  he did not  answer his phone.  So I  went over to the ex motherinlaw duplex, and everyone car at  home and I heard everbody talking even heard a male voice, which I thought my daughter boyfriend already there.  I knocked and suddenly everthing went silent.................................., and I knocked and then rang the phone, no anser.  so I got back into my car, which I got a couple of blocks and she my daughtr answered and I told her I could not reach my friend nor was he ansering the phone; which she interupted and said " Plans have changed and I going some where else, and I just got out of the shower, I got to get ready.  I turning around to go back to motherinlaw home, to give her all this food, my daughter said,, Mother I cant I am going over the Dam I cant turn around?  Well needless to say my graqnd baby was born June.  Hum............................................................. If you want to talk about dysfunction, this ex motherinlaw is the Queen of it. The ex motherinlaw swore to me when my daughter got molested she would stop at nothing until she destoryed me and my family that I had destoryed hers.  In this life all that really matters is family, and when people who have all the money and influence deceitful behavior that will ultimately destory the  person, and her chids life,  all while hiding in the back ground, is almost impossible to fight against.  I suspect she has is or allowing my grand baby to be abused, and I know she still keeps contact with my (boss at one time) Assitant Superintendant because I have had so much oppositional, deliberate problems on my job.  I sure hope these  girls, see, the light.  A few years difference with one of like spirit and goals but one who is 25-30 years older never works.,  This adrenline rush super secret relationship, is a fantasy..  My daughter denies it, but my my ex motherinlaw calls my friends mother, for what?.  It sure did not help that when my grand baby was around my male friends family and they called themselves Uncle and Aunt or even commented that having one ear with the same pattern as my daughter pointed out sure did not ease my suspiciousions. Nevertheless  the baby and I have bonded as she has lived in my home almost her entire life, except 4 months.  No I do not talk to this male friend. How these girls think anything good comes from all this twisted behavior I do not know and why whatever family mambers encourages them in this is wrong.  Whatever begins in dark secret if ever allowed to come out rarely ever works, like a fish out of water, is secret love to be realized, long term.  I thanikk you Dr. Phil, and I thank you girls for sharing your story and turmoil.  Life can be better when real and open and genuine, and no one has to be destoryed to have.  Love multiplies, give life and is enjoyed by all, in a healthy way.In this life many on ther e death bed never say I wished I had worked more, had more Sex, or cheated more, but need and want a sincere soul who really care for them loved them, and vise versa! It starts with building on who and what youare and developing the one and only you. You have to know this yourself no one can create or be that for you. This generation has bought into this lie, this is what it takes, to have this  romance excitement.  Your dad or lack of it, are so important in the home. He sets presidence, and if men trully had enough self esteem and would not equate power and manhood by his conquered lists, or women who have no real esteem until they prove to the world it is the other woman that brings joy and fulfillment everlasting, or the need to be wanted at a price, our culture is doomed.  Our children is representation of this.  I am thankful for Dr.Phil,  his writers of the show, and do hope there are ears to hear and respond, to stop hurting people hurting others, especially children who never asked for it.  We all have the choice to make an impact to our own, and to those around us. to me this is real Power.  If envy is your thing, have them envy this, your demonstration of, "REAL FAMILY, Real Disicpline, REAL LOVE,Real Stability,!".....................................THANK YOU SPONSORS.

Replied By: settheexample on Nov 27, 2012, 10:18PM
I too have a daughter who now is in her twenties, and after along period of extreme anger cursing, lies, skipping school, bad grades, while in a program @ the cost of $800.00=950.00 a month still full of,  deceit and manipulation even had me served with court papers on my job, to get all her furniture etc, that as she put it it," All that belongs to me that was purchased for me with my dads money".  Her dad died as a result of a toxic combination of psychotropic drugs and pain medication, in 2003.  Prior to that I personally went through 7 deaths in one year, all that supported the way I was raising my daughter in a christian home, where, I was president of an inner city mission and visited the elderly who were living out there last days in a nursing home .  I took my daughter and friends with me and not just religious practice but a way of life.  The day of court she decided before the judge to drop the case, and asked me if we could go to lunch,........oh a moment to reconnect, right?  Of course  and in the next few  hours we went to purchase a  pregancy test.  She now has a little girl, which my daughter has not bonded with and actually neglects, and has shown other signs, which  I will not go into.The dad who disrespects even drew back his fist to me does not call or pay child support, who had my daughter pawn her car, then she title another car to him, that I bought, that he sold and has not kept a job over 6-7 months, and filed for custody, and has not seen her in wellover 4 months, nor does the other grandmother try to visit?  Prior to my daughter getting pregnant, my ex mother in law who filed a wrongful death suit on my ex husband and lied as to the cause of death, who changed her name to Colby in order to do so and filed it in the State of Georgia, as she self appointed Administrator of his Estate, for, $2,000,000,000.00  My daughter would stay out all night lie steal, and curse me out, then moved out and in with my ex motherinlaw, her grandmother.  The grandmother allowed her 2 children too be molested when she was married to a step dad my husband was abused from age 9-14, until he shot himself as he saw no other way out, which left him with a limp, and gun shot pellets in his back, which he told me this man came to the hospital and would give him head, and it continued after got out of the hospital after 8 months.  So he changed his name.  My daughter was molested at age 2 1/2 and that is all on recorded, while in the care of this motherinlaw.  The month , month and a half prior to her getting pregant my male friend  and I were gonna cook out and I had invited her and her supposedly boyfriend to come over, to his house and we would grill. That was Labor Day weekend and when I arrived at his home that morning with marinated steaks, salad, etc, I found him not at home,  he did not  answer his phone.  So I  went over to the ex motherinlaw duplex, and everyone car at  home and I heard everbody talking even heard a male voice, which I thought my daughter boyfriend already there.  I knocked and suddenly everthing went silent.................................., and I knocked and then rang the phone, no anser.  so I got back into my car, which I got a couple of blocks and she my daughtr answered and I told her I could not reach my friend nor was he ansering the phone; which she interupted and said " Plans have changed and I going some where else, and I just got out of the shower, I got to get ready.  I turning around to go back to motherinlaw home, to give her all this food, my daughter said,, Mother I cant I am going over the Dam I cant turn around?  Well needless to say my graqnd baby was born June.  Hum............................................................. If you want to talk about dysfunction, this ex motherinlaw is the Queen of it. The ex motherinlaw swore to me when my daughter got molested she would stop at nothing until she destoryed me and my family that I had destoryed hers.  In this life all that really matters is family, and when people who have all the money and influence deceitful behavior that will ultimately destory the  person, and her chids life,  all while hiding in the back ground, is almost impossible to fight against.  I suspect she has is or allowing my grand baby to be abused, and I know she still keeps contact with my (boss at one time) Assitant Superintendant because I have had so much oppositional, deliberate problems on my job.  I sure hope these  girls, see, the light.  A few years difference with one of like spirit and goals but one who is 25-30 years older never works.,  This adrenline rush super secret relationship, is a fantasy..  My daughter denies it, but my my ex motherinlaw calls my friends mother, for what?.  It sure did not help that when my grand baby was around my male friends family and they called themselves Uncle and Aunt or even commented that having one ear with the same pattern as my daughter pointed out sure did not ease my suspiciousions. Nevertheless  the baby and I have bonded as she has lived in my home almost her entire life, except 4 months.  No I do not talk to this male friend. How these girls think anything good comes from all this twisted behavior I do not know and why whatever family mambers encourages them in this is wrong.  Whatever begins in dark secret if ever allowed to come out rarely ever works, like a fish out of water, is secret love to be realized, long term.  I thanikk you Dr. Phil, and I thank you girls for sharing your story and turmoil.  Life can be better when real and open and genuine, and no one has to be destoryed to have.  Love multiplies, give life and is enjoyed by all, in a healthy way.In this life many on ther e death bed never say I wished I had worked more, had more Sex, or cheated more, but need and want a sincere soul who really care for them loved them, and vise versa! It starts with building on who and what youare and developing the one and only you. You have to know this yourself no one can create or be that for you. This generation has bought into this lie, this is what it takes, to have this  romance excitement.  Your dad or lack of it, are so important in the home. He sets presidence, and if men trully had enough self esteem and would not equate power and manhood by his conquered lists, or women who have no real esteem until they prove to the world it is the other woman that brings joy and fulfillment everlasting, or the need to be wanted at a price, our culture is doomed.  Our children is representation of this.  I am thankful for Dr.Phil,  his writers of the show, and do hope there are ears to hear and respond, to stop hurting people hurting others, especially children who never asked for it.  We all have the choice to make an impact to our own, and to those around us. to me this is real Power.  If envy is your thing, have them envy this, your demonstration of, "REAL FAMILY, Real Disicpline, REAL LOVE,Real Stability,!".....................................THANK YOU SPONSORS.

Showing 1-10 of total 36 Comments