Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

The game of life has changed, so it’s time to throw out the old rule book and start studying the new one! Dr. Phil’s new book, Life Code: The New Rules for Winning in the Real World, tells you the ugly truth about the users, abusers and other “bad guys” in life, and reveals the secrets of how they think and how they could exploit you. Meet Peter and Kay. Peter admits to lying and manipulating to get women into bed and says he’s the ultimate womanizer. Kay says when she first met Peter online, she thought she had found her Prince Charming but soon ended up played and betrayed -- just one of the many victims she says Peter has left in his wake. What signs did she miss? Dr. Phil explains the “Evil Eight” identifying characteristics that you should always look out for. How does Peter stack up? Then, Kelly says her identical twin sister, Kat, is out to destroy her life. Kelly says Kat has sued her, drugged her and tried to get her arrested, among other shocking allegations -- yet she still wants a relationship with her sister. Kat says Kelly’s claims are nothing but lies, and she’s tired of her sister always playing the victim. When the twins’ family members weigh in, will Kat fess up to any shady behavior? Don’t miss the “Nefarious 15” -- tactics from the Evil Eight’s playbook you’re going to want to know about! And, learn the “Sweet 16” -- what successful people consistently do to win in the real world. If you’re ready to win big and be the star in your own life, don’t miss this show!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: jee0303 on Nov 16, 2012, 11:16AM - In reply to red88ranger
Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see.

Replied By: stargazer225 on Nov 16, 2012, 10:58AM - In reply to mikemuscles21
Mike Muscles, I'm the same.  Lots of sociopaths in my history and I've read everything on the subject too.  I think the world just doesn't believe in this kind of evil anymore.  And it's so easy for these sociopaths to make those around them look nuts.  The telltale sign for me about this guy is that the only time he cried was when it was about HIM.

Replied By: red88ranger on Nov 16, 2012, 5:35AM
In what has become an electronic jungle with hackers on the other side of the world lurking in the bushes, I sometimes think it might be best to leave a few  answers out of the "book" or "computer".  I often think about a favorite line from one of Willey Nelson's  movies when he said, "If you let others know your business, before long you won't have any business left."

Replied By: mikemuscles21 on Nov 15, 2012, 9:10PM
Hi Dr Phil,

After watching the show, having had sociopaths in my life, and read every book I could read on Sociopathy, or Psychopathy, I would be curious to have a clinician run the PCL-R checklist on them.   They may be without Conscience.  I think you should have Dr Martha Stout, or Dr Robert Hare on the show.  I think there are a lot of similiarities to Sociopaths.  I can't wait for this book to come out, and I will probably get the Audio book first since you have easy to listen to reading voice.  (And Im not trying to blow smoke up your ###.)  Thank you for bringing this issue up. ! :)

Replied By: mikemuscles21 on Nov 15, 2012, 9:08PM
Hi Dr Phil,

After watching the show, having had sociopaths in my life, and read every book I could read on Sociopathy, or Psychopathy, I would be curious to have a clinician run the PCL-R checklist on them.   They may be without Conscience.  I think you should have Dr Martha Stout, or Dr Robert Hare on the show.  I think there are a lot of similiarities to Sociopaths.  I can't wait for this book to come out, and I will probably get the Audio book first since you have easy to listen to reading voice.  (And Im not trying to blow smoke up your ###.)  Thank you for bringing this issue up. ! :)

Replied By: ldsnails on Nov 15, 2012, 7:08PM - In reply to namedeclin
I am currently going through psycotherapy for PTSD due to work place hostility.  What you may be experiencing is a sociopathic situation, like I am.  I'm reading "The Sociopath Next Door" on the recommendation of my therapist, because she wants me to understand the sociopathic mind.  It's not always the Ted Bundy's of the world, it can be a co-worker, like it is for me.  I see now how this person has gotten others to believe her lies and even trying to stay away from them was twisted into my "having an attitude".  I am now being set up to be fired because of this person - who is my supervisor!  Go talk to someone who specializes in PTSD and trauma - I think you have it.  My best wishes to you!

Replied By: ldsnails on Nov 15, 2012, 7:03PM
Dr. Phil,
I am currently dealing with PTSD due to work place hostility.  As part of my therapy my psycotherapist explained sociopathy to me - it's what's going on at work.  That day, your show came on about the guy lying to women and your new book.  It seemed that you were describing some of the aspects of sociopaths.  Do you feel that the aspects of your book define sociopathic behavior patterns?
Thanks!
Dale

Replied By: jee0303 on Nov 15, 2012, 3:35PM
Sorry, Dr. Phil, but I have to disagree with you that this is a new problem.  The names may have changed but the game is still the same.  I am 69 years old and I have dealt with this type of person all my life both in the work place and in family.  My late mother-in-law was a very manipulative woman and she handed some of her traits down to her daughters.  But she did it in a more quiet way, by putting me down behind my back.  If I didn't agree with her on certain family matters, she did her best to discredit me.  Her daughters talked behind my back also.   My m-i-l also said unkind things to me in front of my husband and her family at times.  But her main "mo" was talking behind my back.  It caused major problems in my marriage because my husband refused to stand up to his mother or his sisters.  Finally, after years and years of dealing with this on my own,  he decided to back me but now simply says "I am his wife and he stands behind me" without going into detail.  Well, at least he does that now.  The last time I saw them was when his mother was alive, one of his sisters was upset with me about something and actually snubbed me and refused to talk to me when I was addressing her in front of everyone else.  This was extremely embarrassing and uncomfortable for me.  That was the final straw for me.   I have distanced myself from two of his three sisters.  This is a so-called Christian family who attends church every Sunday but they, unfortunately, didn't live their Christianity when it came to their relationship with me.  They are very judgmental of people who have a different belief system.  For those who say, forgive and forget...that does not always work.  I did that numerous times and they simply continued to disrespect me.  So now, the distance is the only way I can keep myself and my life calm.

Replied By: beblessed55 on Nov 15, 2012, 2:05PM
Dr Phil, while trying to sell books has his audience members believing he has discovered the new rule book on how to treat "baiters", however, there is a book which remains ALWAYS current and shows us how to treatand handle people of all kinds.  Jehovah God's inspired Word trumps Dr Phil's books and any other self help book published EVER.  We should love our enemies and ask Jehovah God to bless them.  Jesus Christ told his disciples: “Continue to love your enemies and to do good.” (Luke 6:35) It is a day to day challenge to love those who treat us with disrespect and dishonor us.....we must ask God to continue to help us as we go through this wicked world. I pray for Dr. Phil that he comes to know and understand accurate knowlege and truth one day because peddling his books is not the answer. Satan is in control of this system of things as well as the entertainment world. So sad celebrities don't realize the devil is the puppetmaster and they are the puppets.

Replied By: debrastpierre on Nov 15, 2012, 10:42AM
YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.  LIFE  IS NOT THE WAY IT WAS WHEN WE WERE COMING
 UP, AND AT 55, I NEED TO BE RE-TAUGHT.  THIS BOOK IS FOR "THE OLDIES BUT STILL GOODIES"!!

THANKS  

Showing 1-10 of total 83 Comments