Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 11/07/12) Newlyweds Kayla and Travis have been married for just a year but say their marriage is already unraveling. Kayla says Travis is physically and mentally abusive, and she caught him kissing another girl. Travis admits that he's been abusive and unfaithful, but says he cheats because Kayla is boring and that oftentimes, hitting her is the only way he can get her to stop talking. “When you back a dog into a corner, he’s going to bite,” Travis says. Why won’t Kayla leave? And, can Dr. Phil get this young couple back on track? Then, Amanda says after having five children, including twins, she's unhappy with her body and she wants plastic surgery -- but, her fiancé, Ali, says if she goes through with it, he’ll call off the engagement. “My philosophy about women is: All natural and no preservatives,” Ali says. Amanda says Ali never compliments her, yet praises other women’s appearances -- and it’s taking a toll on her self-esteem. Is she willing to risk losing the man she loves? And, is she considering the surgery for the right reasons? Plus, log on to DrPhil.com for a list of questions to ask yourself before getting plastic surgery.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Oct 24, 2013, 11:31PM - In reply to ruschkayla
Well done on getting out and putting your son and yourself above him. He isn't worth you wiping your shoes on. Good to hear you are feeling more confident and looking forward to the future with hope. As I said in the title for this post, there really isn't anything wrong with being single- people place too much pressure on women to "have a man", but being by yourself with your son is way better than your son being left without his mother. Please take the time to get to know any men you micght meet because there are men around who date single mothers and harm their kids (we lived it with our step-father). Trust yourself, your son and both of your instincts and never put yourself in the position of needing a man (I don't know where that expression came from, but many girls have put up with crap men based on it). Love to you and your little guy from Australia x

Replied By: pharaohbenji on Mar 29, 2013, 9:58PM - In reply to mikesb
I know that's right ......

Replied By: pharaohbenji on Mar 29, 2013, 9:55PM - In reply to yazmataz
That's the realest thing i've seen on here i thank you .....

Replied By: pharaohbenji on Mar 29, 2013, 9:41PM - In reply to mikesb
Real talk is hard to come by now a days isn't it ......

Replied By: pharaohbenji on Mar 29, 2013, 9:39PM - In reply to alexbennie
Ikr...!!!! THX

Replied By: ruschkayla on Mar 21, 2013, 8:08AM
I just got done reading ALL the comments..and just wanted to say thank you to everyone that supported me and gave me advice. At the time of the show(Back in August), I was "ill"..I thought I loved this "man", when in reality I didn't anymore, I thought I was doing stuff wrong, I believed that I was fat, ugly, stupid, and would be nothing without him because I  didnt have a job and no way of supporting my son. 3 days after the show, he was back with the girl and beat me again SO I FINALLY LEFT!! (: Moved EVERYTHING out of the house while he was gone(left him with what he came with in the realationship, 3 bags of clothes! I moved in with my mom, got a job, and got enrolled in college fulltime. After a month of living with my mom I got my own place for my son and I! I am currently working TWO jobs, go to school fulltime (got my midterms and got all A's), and support my son BY MYSELF! we are not legally divorced yet but should be SOON! I changed my son's last name back to my maiden name, and put a restraining order on Travis..I am still single but stuff is finally falling into place. Thanks again everyone!! <3

-Kayla (:

Replied By: ruschkayla on Mar 21, 2013, 7:45AM - In reply to quasarbob
Thank you!! Im the girl (Kayla) And I DID LEAVE HIM!! (:

Replied By: ruschkayla on Mar 21, 2013, 7:40AM - In reply to loriribott
I did end up leaving him and he is facing 90 days in jail and 2 years probation ( I don't think it's enough! but its something)

Replied By: dazzlingdime on Mar 20, 2013, 8:09PM - In reply to tbonet
Thank you for your response!!

Replied By: dazzlingdime on Mar 20, 2013, 8:05PM - In reply to shannon11
Now this I appreciate. You came up with a solution. No judgement! Thank you!

Showing 1-10 of total 99 Comments