Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 11/09/12) Ex-spouses Pam and Jim say they’ve spent nearly $1 million combined in a battle for custody of their 9-year-old daughter, Dawn -- a fight that includes multiple arrests, restraining orders and accusations of abuse and molestation. Pam says her ex-husband is a vindictive, narcissistic liar, and she has proof that their daughter is afraid of him. She also claims that Jim abused her for years and is now trying to destroy her life -- but is he? Jim says his ex-wife is mentally ill and should not have custody of Dawn. He says Pam has tried to kill him in front of their daughter, and he has proof that she has physically abused Dawn. Can Pam and Jim stop finger-pointing and mudslinging and do what’s best for their daughter? Plus, Pam agrees to take a polygraph test. Don’t miss the results!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: anypie on Jul 13, 2013, 8:34PM
I don't think that either parent deserves custody of that sweet little girl. They are acting like children, accusing each other of "everything under the sun." This little girl deserves to have a safe home, and I don't think that either parent can provide that at this time. The child should go to foster care until both parents can pass a course in parenting. And whichever parent gets custody should have regular visits from Children's Services in the city where the little girl lives. These people are too selfish, and too bent on accusing the other to think about raising a child. I feel sorry for this little girl, and I truly hope that both parents get their acts together and start acting like adults!

Replied By: renoalaska on Jul 12, 2013, 4:33AM
I think they are both big fat liars!

Replied By: uziflee on Jul 12, 2013, 2:44AM
Everything is considered a Priviledge and if you screw it up you get fined and jailed.  Yet a Human Life is produced without any Thought of what and who will or can give it ALL it needs to even stand a Chance in this World.
There is all these People fanatcal about the Rights of Life in the Womb, where are the Chid's Rights in these People forever damaging this Child and who will be there when she becomes a dysfunctional Adult or the Drug or Alcohol Addiction she will use to fill the VOID.

I hope anyone that is able in her Life, give her the Values and Good these People have no Clue about and both need to be Jail for what they are doing in the Name of this Child.. 

Replied By: uziflee on Jul 12, 2013, 2:16AM
To Drive a Car you get tested and they call it a Priviledge not a Right and to bring a Child into the Midst of these dysfunctional Humans is sick and I pray that she will find another Source of Stablity and Love of her.

Replied By: uziflee on Jul 12, 2013, 1:59AM
All I know is that this is a perfect Example of why it should be madatory for People to undergo serious and various Testings before a Child is brought into this World.  This is two dysfuncctional People that lack the most basic of Human Interaction Skills and I am so sorry for that little Girl she will have some tough Issues to overcome in Life.

Replied By: loyalalways on Jul 11, 2013, 9:52PM
Both of these parents need to grow up. The innocent little girl is the one who is paying a very high price so that these two can 'get even' with one another. However, I believe that the husband is the biggest problem. The wife is owned up to her mistakes and is ready to rectify everything. However, the husband won't own up to anything. He thinks he's done nothing wrong. Everything is her fault. He's a typical narcissist.

When she took the polygraph, she passed it. However, he still had to try to poke holes in it and make her look bad. Polygraphs don't lie. She is ready to do what she can to fix everything. I don't think he will ever grow up and own up to anything. I hope that the courts give the mother full custody if this man doesn't grow up and try harder to think of his daughter instead of himself. Right now he is very toxic and has too much hatred for the mother to be a good role model for this child.

I'm divorced, too. However, even though I didn't like what my ex did, I never, ever put him down to the kids. In fact, I said good things to them. It's not their battle. He left me for someone our daughter's age. It took me a long time to come to terms with it, but in time, I learned that the anger was just hurting me, so I forgave him. However, now that they're no longer together, he and I are good friends. He's always there if I need him. It has made the kids very happy that we're friends. The kids are THE most important people in these situations. It's hard enough on them when their parents divorce. They tend to blame themselves. It is not their fault and not their battle.

CHILDREN ARE NUMBER ONE!!! Parents need to remember that, no matter what the age of the children when they divorce. They're already hurting. They should never be expected to choose between 2 people they love very much!

Replied By: winni523 on Jul 11, 2013, 7:57PM
They're both nuts

Replied By: elkekeil on Jul 11, 2013, 5:04PM
The importance of early childhood seeds and how damaging experiences such as these are to this little girl often have serious and lasting affects to her. That million $ would have gone a long way for her education and to benefit her wellfare and not destroy her. I am a single mom, my first concern was formy daughter/step daughters and then for a peaceful resolution and no it wasn't easy,but now 28 years later It has always been worth it. My father died I was 2.
Children learn by the way they live, as a parent we teach them by what we do far more then by what we say.
I have yet to experience a person on their death bed wondering about money or the stuff, they speak of love, sorrow. My prayers are first for this little girl and then her parents, that they will look in that mirror and ask themselves Is what I am doing in the best interest for my little girl, am I being the best mom I can be and am I a good role model for her?

Replied By: jimstreeter on Jul 11, 2013, 4:40PM
Is there any where I can go to find out the latest info?

Replied By: shellyrea01 on Jul 11, 2013, 3:59PM
This story brings back bad memories.  This father could be a clone of my ex husband, the only difference is we didn't spend a million dollars in legal fees, but I did spend $90,000.000 to defend myself against my ex's outragous claims, that he knew would bankrupt me by continually taking me to court.  My ex moved me to Canada and at the time we were attempting to have a second child, when I got to Canada he immediately filed for divorce claiming that he had to trick me in order for me to bring our daughter to Canada. I also need to say my ex had a girlfriend at the time so he wanted his daughter and his girlfriend and me out of the picture.  Like in this story the guy went and filed for an anulment of thier marriage, and mine dropped an extreme pre-nuputal agreement on me less than two weeks before our wedding.  I really believe these guys are mentally unhealthy.  My hell didn't end until a judge threatened to take custody away from my ex, and it was then that he backed down.  I've gotten counceling, I've taken my daughter to counseling, and I tried very hard to be the best, calm mom I could be in light of the storm going on in our lives.  But unfortunately, I still couldn't protect my daughter from the damage.  She now has a very disconnected relationship with her dad, and due to his verbal abuse of her, her self-esteem and self-confidense have been seriously effected, and again I am looking to get my daughter at 16 into some counseling.  These people have no idea right now what they're doing to their daughter, and from the sound of it the dad is like my ex and will never take responsibility for his behaviour, it's always someone else.  Dr. Phill always says that someone has to step up and be a hero, I always tried to do that, and I firmly believe that because I refused to engage in his madness he did settle down and today, inspite of our daughters issues we are now very friendly towards one another and have even been able to joke a bit with one another.  I guess, what I wanted to convey is that it's about the child and not these parents and they need to get on board with that before it's too late for their daughter.

Showing 1-10 of total 67 Comments