Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 11/02/12) Eighteen-year-old Cassie says that at 16, she became pregnant, and at seven months along, had a confrontation with her father, Todd, and tragically lost the baby. Todd denies the accusation, and claims what medical records and multiple sonograms prove: Cassie was never pregnant. Why does he believe his daughter would make up such an elaborate story? After months of not speaking, Cassie comes face to face with her family, who says this isn’t the first time they’ve caught her in a web of lies. How does Cassie explain her pregnancy? Can Dr. Phil help uncover the truth?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: walkerbynature on Jul 9, 2014, 7:32AM
I remember watching this episode of Dr. Phil's regarding Cassie, and her father & sister's acusation that she had never been pregnant. She emphaticaly claimed that she had been pregnant, but sonogram's proving that she had been pregnant only proved the opposite. I still find myself questioning if this girl suffered with pseudocyesis, or an "imagined pregnancy". Women have experienced all of the symptoms of pregnancy, even lactating, but were never truly pregnant. I felt terrible for her, she was devastated that she had "lost her daughter". I can't bring myself to criticize her, or accuse her of faking it for the sake of trying to attract attention with this being a strong possibility of pseudocyesis. My heart goes out to her, and her family. Instead of acusations, she needs compassion.

Replied By: mandiel on Aug 23, 2013, 11:00AM
did anyone else notice this young lady has facial features consistent with fetal alcohol spectrum disorder? that could explain some of her strange behavior

Replied By: kellucky1 on Jun 21, 2013, 4:02PM - In reply to laraann34
I can't remember ever being so effected by seeing this poor girl. I felt so sorry for her. And I'm a 43 year old guy. I wish they would let us know is took the help.

Replied By: kellucky1 on Jun 14, 2013, 5:26PM
I have seen this episode before, and it's still has the biggest effect on me out of any show I've seen. I feel so sorry for this girl. I really hope she gets the help she needs and goes on to have a happy life.

Replied By: kellucky1 on Jun 14, 2013, 5:05PM
I wish Dr.Phil would have been less hell bent on having her admit that she was not pregnant on national T.V. Yes it is important to her recovery as to admit it. However this was definitely not the place. I realize it is a show and that is why he had her on, but this girl should be an exception. I really hope he can get her the help she needs. Myself as with all the other commenters I have seen on here seems to be very emotionally affected seeing her and her serious problem. Damn the a*s*o*e who did what he did to her. Please report on her recovery Dr Phil. There are many on here who really want to hear that she gets better and has the " REAL LIFE " that she deserves.

Replied By: newsmom on Jun 10, 2013, 9:36AM - In reply to melodylbeattie
Hi Melody -- Dr Phil regularly uses a polygraph examiner (a former FBI polygraph guy) when certain stories call for it. The polygraph, as well as the tester, are part of the show. I have been a fan of Dr Phil's for years, and it seems he really does use the best.

Replied By: lisamarie0901 on Jun 10, 2013, 9:02AM - In reply to loyalalways
  • Glibness and Superficial Charm

• Manipulative and Conning
    They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

• Grandiose Sense of Self
    Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

• Pathological Lying
    Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

• Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

• Shallow Emotions
    When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

• Incapacity for Love

• Need for Stimulation
    Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

• Callousness/Lack of Empathy
    Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

• Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
    Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

• Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
    Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

• Irresponsibility/Unreliability
    Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

• Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
    Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

• Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
    Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

• Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
    Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Replied By: melodylbeattie on Jun 9, 2013, 3:10AM
I'm uncertain if Dr. Phil's audience knows that guests (at least some -- and at least this is what I was told) have to pass polygraph tests to determine the accuracy of the story they're telling.  I had no idea this happend (and I'm all for it) until I needed to verify a story someone was telling me (I'm a writer).  Lately it seems that instead of writers indicating portions are fictionalized, condensed, etc. -- or that the story is all fiction -- they're passing off partial or all fiction as nonfiction. The polygraph administrator I used, when asked for references, included Dr. Phil.  I think this is great and I also think knowing this (if it's true) would help the audience.  I'd also like to know if it's true, as I'd like to be sure I can trust this particular polygraph administrator. (He's pricey and it's LA.)  Best, Melody

Replied By: pennysous313 on Jun 9, 2013, 1:44AM - In reply to ccroybal
You call that bullying? I call that a huge wake up call. It's clear she isn't right in the head I'm sorry. She probably needed that since she needs to get slapped not litterally. Out of her lalaland she created and back to reality where she did NOT have a daughter.

She needs years of therapy I think.

Replied By: pfox6687 on Jun 8, 2013, 9:11PM
Could we ever possibly be on Dr Phil for being normal. Or maybe losing two teenage children and taking care of an elderly Mother because the three other brothers will not, is just not normal. I just lived my week in hell of the birthday of my daughter I lost iiin OCtober and just like the night she died....NO ONE SHOWED to take care of Mom nor show support.....guess that's NORMAL

Showing 1-10 of total 221 Comments