Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 10/29/12) Christian says he is stuck in the middle of two women fighting over him: his fiancée, Beth, and his mom, Carol. Beth says her future mother-in-law is meddling, constantly berates her and is trying to destroy her relationship -- and if she doesn’t butt out, Beth says she’ll be forced to end her relationship with Christian. How did the bad blood begin? Carol admits she doesn’t trust Beth and even hired a private investigator to spy on her. Why doesn’t she approve of Beth? And, what did the private investigator discover? Christian, who says he once had a great relationship with his mother, says he and Beth have canceled their wedding twice, in part due to his mother’s behavior. Is he prepared to choose between the two women in his life? And, will Carol ever accept Beth? Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s advice for this troubled family. Can they reach a resolution?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: hcurrie77 on Nov 11, 2014, 4:04PM - In reply to newsmom
I wonder if he got rid of that trash. I feel so sorry for the mom. I wish she was my mom. I have no parents I would get down on my knees and thank god for a mom like her. Christian needs to wise up.

Replied By: pammylala7 on Jul 9, 2013, 10:16PM - In reply to isaac18
Christian may be blindsided to the bombastic, domineering and pushy nature of Beth, he appears to be a gentle , considerate  person and Beth is a hard nosed opportunistic ,out for a what she can get money grabber. It doesn't matter how old your children are, instinct will kick in and a mother will know when a partner is the wrong one.

she is also a liar and manipulator ,she is the healthiest cancer victim I have ever seen.not finishing boot amp does not a marine make.

Replied By: newsmom on Jun 3, 2013, 3:25AM
I really would like the show to give us an update on these people. I truly hope it will be that Christian (easily led) saw the light and ran away from Beth. The woman is truly a disaster. I hope that the relationship between him and his mom was not too damaged. But somehow, I agree with the posters who think they were already married. So the question becomes....how much money did Beth make off with and how much damage did she leave in her wake?

Replied By: cara_c on Jun 2, 2013, 12:09PM
Beth struck me as a sociopath - an often charming, but manipulative, exploiting user without the capacity to empathize. Christian is operating on an emotional level, not a logical one, or he'd be able to see that her history is one giant red flag, with four ex-husbands and multiple brushes with the law. She lied about owning property, about being a Marine, and most likely about having cancer, as her story sounded absurd when she was faced with a few basic questions. She treats his mother with incredible disrespect and is clearly trying to drive a wedge between mother and son, not just protect some reasonable boundaries. Carol's concerns are all valid.

Sociopaths often leave pain, destruction, and financial ruin in their wake, so good for Carol for trying to wake her son up and for protecting their family's money by cutting him out of the will if he marries Beth. Though I suspect they may already be married as they're wearing wedding bands and when Dr. Phil asked them if they were already married, Christian nodded yes while saying no. If so, Christian will have to learn his lesson the hard way. I hope he at least doesn't let his wife isolate him from his family by convincing him they're just against him and his happiness, and only she really understands, appreciates, and loves him. This is a typical sociopathic technique that makes their targets more vulnerable to manipulation and exploitation.

Replied By: gaylesie on Jun 2, 2013, 5:51AM
This is the first time I'm submitting a message to the Dr. Phil Show.  Let me get this straight:

• Beth has been married 4 times
  • She has a child (children?) which she barely mentioned
  • She may be lying about a terrible disease
  • She is very disrespectful of her possible future mother in law
  • She doesn't seem to have any formal education
  • She looks like she's on drugs
  • She has police reports and CHILD NEGLECT reports
Christian, what are you thinking?  You are a very handsome man who seems to be able to provide for a woman.  You probably could meet and marry almost any woman you want, and yet you pick one with a terrible past and who is so disrespectful of your mother.  Why in the world would you want her???

Take it from a mom of a son- your mom wants to have a good relationship with your future bride and it would probably make her very happy to be involved (but not too much) with your life.  Don't disregard her warnings about Beth.  
I hope you find a worthy woman in your future.

Replied By: rattiemom on Jun 2, 2013, 5:30AM
The title of "Marine" is earned and not given.  The key component is completing boot camp.  If this woman actually went to boot camp, then she would know this.  She is not a Marine, never was a Marine, and never will be a Marine.  She needs to stop lying and telling people she was.  Semper Fi!

Replied By: cincinner58 on Jun 1, 2013, 10:52PM
The comment that Beth claims that she has Stage 1 Stomach Cancer, on Chemo, yet has Metastisis .  As a Cancer Survivor, (and an RN), this makes no sense at all. I can gaurantee my word that she would be well knowledgable about her Disease. As a Registered Nurse, Cancer Survivor, and worked 4yrs as a Registered Chemotherapy Nurse, if indeed she had Somach Cancer and on Chemotherapy, she would be skinny as a rail,and have less hair than Dr Phil (love your hair Dr!). Shame on her if she is falsely claiming this (maybe to gain sympathy from Christian).

Replied By: jennwren on Jun 1, 2013, 4:31AM
I really hope this girl doesn't have cancer but for some reason my BS meter was screaming at me listening to her. Good luck Christian.

Replied By: twalkergal on May 31, 2013, 4:07PM - In reply to bythelake
I agree with "bythelake."  Beth is in $$ survival mode and thinksshe has snagged the golden goose/boy!
"

Replied By: twalkergal on May 31, 2013, 3:57PM
Her description of treatment/shots was vey different than any other people I'vw known under going chemo..  I seriously doubt she has cancer... more like her being a Marine status...   Blah blah bllah

Showing 1-10 of total 255 Comments