Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

In a headline-grabbing case, 22-year-old Sheena Morris was found hanged in a Florida hotel room on New Year's Day 2009, just hours after reports of an altercation between Sheena and her fiancé, Joe, now 48. Her death was ruled a suicide, but Sheena's parents refuse to believe that their daughter would take her own life -- they feel she was murdered, and that Joe may be responsible. In an effort to clear his name, Joe comes face to face with Sheena's mother and father, Kelly and David, on Dr. Phil's stage. What does Joe say happened on the night Sheena was last seen alive? And, how does his story differ from the one Kelly and David say they've pieced together? Listen to 911 calls from that night, including one from Sheena herself. Tune in and decide for yourself: Is there more to this story than Joe is revealing?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: paulab12 on Jan 19, 2014, 5:06AM
A week before she committed suicide using a blue dog lead a friend committed suicide in the same manner.  Dont blame someone else for what she did.

Replied By: svu123 on Nov 6, 2013, 11:21AM
Another Florida mess.  Unfortunately, you can't go after someone with no evidence and just because the family thinks something  This makes no sense

Replied By: thinker2013 on Feb 24, 2013, 9:37PM - In reply to diana123456
Yes that comment about the nodding whilst saying "No" was also made earlier. Dr Phil what is the latest on this case? Did he end up doing another lie detector test?

Replied By: diana123456 on Feb 23, 2013, 3:39AM
I have just watched this show in Australia and I wanted to ask Doctor Phil did he notice Joe's head nodding when asked did he murder Sheena.  He was saying 'NO' with his mouth but with his head the TRUTH was coming out.

Replied By: thinker2013 on Feb 20, 2013, 2:24PM
I just saw the shows in Australia and I just wonder... Imagine any scenario where a couple was to have a terrible fght, where there was violence followed by a break up. Then one partner finds out that the other may have committed suicide shortly after that event. Wouldn't any normal human being in that situation feel guilty about it? Therefore, could it be thathe felt somewhat responsible for the other's suicide, even though he may not have been the physical perpetrator? I just wonder if that guilt and remorse over the fighting and violence could have led to the polygraph result of deception. Because after all, if it was suicide, it would have been strongly linked to the preceeding events. And I think anyone would feel very guilty about their part in the situation and the relationship if it caused the other to commit suicide.

Replied By: strine on Feb 17, 2013, 8:15PM
Seems he strangled her and then hung her up like that to make it appear a suicide. Surely the forensic people would have seen evidence other than whatever was used to string her up. He came accross as a sociopath who could look at a camera and at people's faces and lie- no doubt also taking steroids to maintain the muscles so he can keep getting young ladies. If he murdered my daughter I would have got a full confession out of him before this.

Replied By: aussiedad05 on Feb 17, 2013, 7:13PM - In reply to snmorris
I  totally agree i just seen the show in australia and i found it hard to believe what people are saying when all the facts have not been disclosed. I myself think he is innocent until proven guilty also i have had a suicide in my family and the parents never want to admit that their child committed suicide cause to the parents they think they failed to protect their kid enough , nobody knows what one thinks at any time or what goes through their mind before they decide what they do.......

Replied By: inalienable on Nov 2, 2012, 6:41AM
1. Motive There is volumes of motive,  Jealously, Anger, Humility, Ego, Avoiding arrest for starters.

2. Inability to recall toll pass details.

3. Two hotel keys and difficulty in recollection.

4. Inability to recall what they were arguing about "Oh it was money".

5. Trying to dismiss the interrogation with " I've given the police everything" "I'm not even a suspect" "They interviewed me 3-4 days after when actually it was 22 days after.

6. Trying to dismiss blame with "She was suicidal"

7. Not having a solid answer "Why he didn't stay with her if he knew she was potentially suicidal"

8. Threatening an old boyfriend by threatening with a weapon and inability to recall the incident accurately.

9. Dismissive of any wrong doing because he never had any problems in his past marriage of 19? years

10. His lack of remorse knowing Sheena is no longer alive, more focused on convincing of his innocence.

11. The fake diamond engagement ring tells a substantial amount about the relationship being unhealthy, uncertain and uncommitted.

12. Joe Stating the excuse for suicide if she couldn't have him then she doesn't want to live anymore.

13. Sheena calling 911 with Injustices done to her, is out of character of someone that is going to end their life and doesn't care anymore.

14. Sheena calling 911 and being concerned about her material property in her apartment is not indicative of someone that’s about to end their own life.

15. Sheena calling Joe and telling him that she intends to call the police and submit injury photos for evidence of assaulting her is damn straight motive for retaliation.

16. With a woman 20? some years, younger that is remarkably beautiful, smart and successful. It is unlikely that "Joe" would be leaving her. On the contrary, which is another very valid reason for motive.

17. The alleged "alibi" of being with friends and stating that they assuredly saw him go up and go to sleep, seemed weak and expectedly being conclusive to his being innocent.

18.  Not being forthright about prior Domestic violence when being questioned by Dr. Phil. Only Once  Dr. Phil revealed that he already knew did "Joe" admit to having any knowledge of it, and then it was guarded, dismissive and still evasive.

I feel terribly sad for Sheena and Joe for their unfortunate  involvement in this relationship gone horribly bad. And I especially cannot express enough gratitude for Sheena's parents that have lost their only daughter in which they both loved immensely.

I would most assuredly not want to be Joe right now in his most unfortunate position. 

My limited knowledge of investigations and the limited information provided tells me that there are some serious things that have not yet been revealed.  I suspect these idiosyncrasies will be revealed in the near future with the reopening of this case and a competent investigation being launched. I hope for Joes sake he did not do this horrible injustice to another person.  The truth inevitably will surface as to what actually happened here.

I express my most gracious regards to Dr. Phil and his team for their devotion to helping those in need.

Replied By: beharrell on Oct 30, 2012, 7:17PM - In reply to jaharris1701
Please remember that it is always better to remain calm. I know that Sheena Morris's parents want to rip his head off. I am the mother of a daughter who was raped by her boss a couple of months ago. I know from experience in the past that if you fight physically the other person ends up making your lives even more of a the hell. There are consequences to every action. The Justice system is often an injustice system. I'm waiting for the police to do something because there are other victims. If I was to break his legs I would lose my social security and my daughter is having trouble finding work where she feels secure. I could punch him in the nose but I would have to have about $1000 for the lawyer to keep me out of jail. That is the way the system works. But the longer I stay calm the better. He makes more enemies. Time is on our side!

Replied By: jaharris1701 on Oct 29, 2012, 8:53AM
I gotta tell ya,, I am Father to a young lady that very much resembles Sheena, if I had been in this situation and I was sitting there as the polygraph results were revealled only to realize that he had failed, you would have HAD to have 5 security guards keep me off that dude !! My initial instinct would have been to charge the stage and rip his head off !!  a very emotional show

Showing 1-10 of total 66 Comments