Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original AIr Date: 10/15/12) From the outside, Tayler’s life seemed picture perfect -- but no one could have imagined the disturbing secrets she was hiding behind her smile. From the ages of 6 to 17, Tayler says her dad, Russell, molested her, gave her drugs, and took her to Mexico on numerous occasions, where she was forced to do unspeakable things. How could these horrific events have occurred without anyone noticing? Tayler’s mom, Deanna, says she was unaware of the alleged abuse and just thought Tayler and her father had a special father-daughter bond. Were there warning signs she missed? Now 19 and addicted to heroin, Tayler says she feels alone, abandoned and confused -- but she also admits that she misses her father. Can Dr. Phil help get her on a path to both emotional and physical recovery? Then, hear from Tayler’s two younger sisters. What did they witness? Were they being groomed by their father? And, where is Russell today? If you’re a parent, tune in to learn how to protect your child from a predator. This program contains strong sexual content. Viewer discretion advised.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: lldoris on Apr 30, 2014, 3:45PM - In reply to oceanentity
Tayler is amazing. She is graduating and moving out of Hannah's House and getting on with her life. She is strong and has a wonderful family and support system, and now has the tools to help her deal with her past, thanks to Dr. Phil.

Replied By: oceanentity on Mar 21, 2014, 5:02PM
Hello. I was wondering how tayler is ? I am so moved by her story her bravery. are keen to know if her recovery at Hannah house is on track. And wish her well. I know through sharing their families experiences other children bad families will be spared this grief and help mothers see the warning signs early. 

good luck tayler in your life. As dr phil said you are worth it. 

Replied By: shelbyburns on Mar 6, 2014, 11:33AM
Is there any update on this?

I hope she is doing well in treatment!

Replied By: cantbeme55 on Nov 13, 2013, 9:18PM - In reply to oregonwomen
The other kids were there too. He took Tayler in the middle of the night leaving the others alone.

Replied By: abbythefunlady on Jun 5, 2013, 7:57AM
Dr. Phil you should have gotten the boyfriend into rehab too!

Replied By: jojoc1 on Jun 1, 2013, 10:33PM - In reply to auntmuncher
So, you are saying it took you 3 years to remove your children from an abuser and then only after CPS forced the issue?

Replied By: oregonwomen on May 31, 2013, 9:52PM - In reply to havetocomment
I felt, Why isn't there Red Flags every where the "Dad" has the other kids also & mom doesn't SCREAM what's going on that you are only take one child on the "Disney" trips!,

Replied By: oregonwomen on May 31, 2013, 9:48PM
Their are many of us that are out here recovering simaular horrors, mine started at 2 yrs by  both mom & dad. And everyone thought we where the funnist family in the neighborhood.....wow .... Really, what a night mare. You can do it, just don't ever, ever, ever, evere give up! Ask for help from Healthy people ~

Replied By: oregonwomen on May 31, 2013, 9:40PM - In reply to dwiggie
Why isn't there Red Flags every where the "Dad" has the other kids also & mom doesn't SCREAM what's going on that you are only take one child on the "Disney" trips!,

Replied By: psdunne on May 30, 2013, 11:10PM - In reply to victoriawilds
... are any of them using this social forum? 

i suppose we'll find out based upon whether or not one of them replies to this post:)

p.s. What's with the auto-correct bug on this message board? It creates mistakes rather than fixing them!!

Showing 1-10 of total 158 Comments