2012 Shows

One year ago, Bob and Ginger wrote Dr. Phil, desperately seeking help for their 29-year-old daughter, Morgan, who they said was slowly starving herself to death. At the time, Morgan was down to a mere 80 pounds, her organs had begun to shut down, her extremities were blue, and they said they believed Morgan’s 20-year battle with anorexia was nearing a tragic end. With their plea for help answered, Morgan was scheduled to be a guest on Dr. Phil, but days before she was to appear on the show, she backed out, claiming she could “handle her own recovery.” Now 120 pounds, Morgan has put on weight but says that she is treating her eating disorder -- and the anxiety she feels from gaining weight -- with the help of prescription pills. She admits to sometimes taking as many as 20 Xanax in one day, and says she’s so desperate to end her pain that she’s put a gun to her head to end her life -- four times. Morgan admits that she’s become an “exceptional liar” and has deceived her way through seven treatment facilities. Her parents say they feel helpless, and her mother, Ginger, admits that sometimes she wishes, “God would just take her.” Dr. Phil takes a close look into Morgan’s family dynamics. How may her parents be enabling her behavior and jeopardizing her recovery? If someone you love is battling an eating disorder, don’t miss this powerful Dr. Phil.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: zeroprophecy9 on Mar 4, 2017, 10:00AM - In reply to dianalistens
Thank you! Good loves me,  and no matter the other people in my life,  he remains over all!

Replied By: zeroprophecy9 on Mar 4, 2017, 9:57AM - In reply to amyway68
I just wanted to respond to your comment. So far, you are the most empathetic and understanding individual I have seen replied these boards. I think only one who knows the experience is capable of understanding the disease and replying appropriately! Thank you!!!

Replied By: zeroprophecy9 on Mar 4, 2017, 9:54AM - In reply to ojghtyefty
It definitely sounds like we had some similar events occur in our lives. I don't want to trivialize yours or mine, but those are not what made me addicted or anorexic. The fact remains that I have a disease. You, obviously, do not react the same way that I do when I act out in Behaviour or pick up a pill or bottle. You definitely have some great insight!

Replied By: zeroprophecy9 on Mar 4, 2017, 9:50AM - In reply to mountain_moss
Many don't think so, but I have nothing but incredible things to say about dr. Phil! What I remember of him LOL!

Replied By: zeroprophecy9 on Mar 4, 2017, 9:49AM - In reply to ponygirl1998
I was NOT whining. More so, I was still sick, tired and DONE!

Replied By: zeroprophecy9 on Mar 4, 2017, 9:47AM - In reply to blgspc
I loved what you said! That was my first reaction after I watched the show too. It has been 5 years and my parents actually surrendered to the idea that they needed to be told that. No, it was not about them, but they did have a part in enabling my behavior. Compassion would have been preferred,  but I have also been in treatment enough, and they have been in family program enough, that any form of coddling does not work. We all need a hard, and sometimes difficult approach, to face our own truths.

Replied By: zeroprophecy9 on Mar 4, 2017, 9:41AM - In reply to shannon11
Thank you thank you Shannon!

Replied By: zeroprophecy9 on Mar 4, 2017, 9:41AM - In reply to shannon11
Thank you thank you Shannon!

Replied By: zeroprophecy9 on Mar 4, 2017, 9:39AM - In reply to alphak555
Hi there!

I can definitely appreciate your frustration over at the fact that every show seems to be the same when it comes to recurrent topics. I do want to point out that we are all different. Although my story may have sounded just like every other about anorexia, or about addiction, i am still an individual with a lot of factors on board. It has been 5 years, or nearly so, since my show. There was no follow-up and a lot of hardship has been endured  (the loss of my father being one) in many different areas of my life. I still struggle with anorexia, and I even still struggle with my addiction. But I have a program that works for me today when I utilize it. I would like to say that I agree with you that every show about these topics are so similar but when treatment becomes the last resort our individual differences play a big part in our recovery or lack thereof. Rather than making a blanket statement about every guest on the Dr.Phil show, you might consider thinking about the individual themselves: What they may be going through, what led up to them even being on the show, all of the little details that the editor's cut out during filming. In fact, in my opinion, thouse minute details would REALLY make the show. Not because of their Dramatics but just because of the real, lived experience of the person. I am a person who struggles ( just like the average person) with issues, with hardships that I come up against,  but also a person with dignity and integrity today.

Replied By: zeroprophecy9 on Mar 4, 2017, 9:29AM - In reply to thegymbum
Unfortunately, there was no follow-up with my show. I had some other issues that were addressed and I don't know if that played into why they didn't follow up or not, but I am available to you now :-)

Showing 1-10 of total 45 Comments