Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

(Original Air Date: 10/01/12) In this real-life War of the Roses, Dr. Phil speaks to Laura and Ross, a once-happily married couple, who say that although they’ve been divorced for years, they both refuse to leave their home, which at times has resembled a war zone. Ross says his 10-year marriage to Laura started to crumble when she began pursuing younger men. He says Laura became a sex-obsessed party girl who chose the “cougar” lifestyle over her marriage, and he says she should leave. Laura says she likes to hang out with younger men, but denies being a sex-obsessed party girl. She says her marriage simply fell apart and argues that the house is as much hers as it is Ross’ and he should be the one to leave. Both admit that living under one roof has taken its toll, and that their arguments have gotten physical. Laura says she believes Ross is trying to kill her and that she had to be hospitalized after she claims he drugged her. Ross says Laura gets so heated she once stabbed him with a pen during an argument. Dr. Phil speaks to their 17-year-old daughter, Kayla. Hear how she says her toxic home life has affected her. Plus, learn what you must know if you’re going through a divorce with children.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Sep 11, 2013, 9:18PM - In reply to sapphiresway
They should be living elsewhere and the house should be sold because he has been found guilty of stealing 1.7 million dollars from schools. No ifs ands or buts. Under a bridge? Who cares? Does he care about the educations of the children he stole from? Does she care about their futures? Self centred the pair of them- still working out their narcissistic bodies and partying like nothing is wrong after stealing. Scum and this show was pointless. Just another excuse for him to use his kids to get out of his punishment and for her to act the part to help him out.

Replied By: strine on Sep 11, 2013, 9:14PM
Those two are as bad as each other. She would have known he was stealing from school children. And he is willing to use his children to keep himself out of the consequences of his choices. He should be in jail and their belongings should all have been sold off to pay back the schools- then there would be no house for them to be under the same roof of. Pair of self centred individuals who do not deserve anything.

Replied By: alphak555 on Feb 24, 2013, 8:26PM
Laura is so inappropriate and her behavior is selfish! She is not a good role model for anyone behaving like a teenager and posting such inappropriate photos and acting like astupid teenager! She should grow up and not be selfish  and a liar! She is panicking about getting older and behaving like an idiot! She has kids and should be sensible and not teach them to be sexually promiscuous as she is behaving! She is getting older and is not attractive  because to be attractive you have to be a good person! Her selfismess shines through her horrible demeonor! 

Omg! Laura, grow up and get some morals!

Replied By: lilfurbal on Dec 28, 2012, 11:05PM
Wow!! Not a good looking woman, but she sure thinks she looks good!! LOL

Replied By: lilfurbal on Dec 28, 2012, 11:02PM - In reply to luvtorodeo
She is an unattractive woman who cheated on her husband and is a liar. I feel bad for her daughter who looks at her mom as a role model. smh

Replied By: lisablair43 on Dec 28, 2012, 3:49PM
The women needs to walk away with their daughter and be happy. He has been through enough with everything he had to deal with besides his family falling apart. The women needs to go on with her life and let go of the husband. He really needs to push the issue to get her out of the house for good. She has everything she wanted from the divorce except the house? This women doesn't have a cluse what she really has. I think they both need to find a way to work this house deal out ad move on. It's not healthy what they are doing now to the entire family.

Replied By: dfagan3180 on Dec 27, 2012, 11:13PM - In reply to sampam9
What an actress

Replied By: sapphiresway on Dec 27, 2012, 5:37PM
The show was a bit confusing. I think everyone was to blame at least to some extent. But at the end of the show, Dr Phil made a comment that was ridiculious. He said "I would rather be emotionally sound with my daughter living in a box under a bridge rather then have my daughter deal with an emotional rollercoaster in a house with a roof." I understand why he made this comment. He was emphasizing the importance of proper parenting. However, There is no crime for your children to deal with emotional rollercoaster. However, it is a crime to have my children live under a bridge. An emotional rollercoaster is immoral but not criminal and it's not as bad as living under bridge. Living under a bridge in harsh weather conditions can cause frost bite, colds, diseases and death. Not to mention your more prone to physical and sexual assaults ny strangers. Also living under a bridge, child protective services would get involved. Overall, Dr. Phils comment should not have been said.

Replied By: luvtorodeo on Dec 27, 2012, 5:35PM
I'm on the husbands side. the wife just seems like a liar & it makes me wonder why the wife can't get a job and just move out of the damn house.

Replied By: leepo2 on Dec 27, 2012, 3:44PM - In reply to amzaa2669
Why are you still there.  You said you read the book & now is all hunky, dory.  You need to get the heck out.  You've got to think of the kids & get the heck out.  This has gone on too long & you have convinced yourself that it is better but it is not.  He is teaching your son to be just like him.  Quit fooling yourself.

Showing 1-10 of total 62 Comments