Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 10/16/12) Gina says her fiancé, Jeremy, is physically, emotionally and sexually abusive, and that in the last year, he has beaten her at least once a week, and they’ve been in at least 50 altercations. Gina says Jeremy has wrestled her to the floor, choked her, cracked her teeth, slammed her head against a wall, beaten her with a belt buckle and driven a nail through her arm. And, when Gina was three months pregnant, she says Jeremy did the unthinkable -- he raped her. What does Jeremy say happened? Find out why Gina says she believes Jeremy will kill her. And hear why, despite her fear, she says she will never leave him. Jeremy admits that he physically abuses Gina, but adds that she is often the aggressor in their fights. With so much anger in the house, the couple says their 2-year-old son has begun to display aggressive tendencies. Can Dr. Phil get to the root of what's really wrong and stop the cycle of violence? Hear how secrets from Gina's and Jeremy's childhoods could be the culprit. If you know someone who is trying to escape an abusive relationship, learn the steps to take by visiting DrPhil.com.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Oct 14, 2013, 11:31PM
I'm sorry but I think Dr Phil and posters on here are too easy on her> She admitted she hits him and calls him names etc too.  If she was the man in the relationship she would be seen as the worse "bad guy" and belittled. Yet she gets away with it because she is a woman. I'm sick of hearing Dr Phil temm men that "it isn't OK to put your hands on a woman", yet women are allowed to put their hands on men. Sorry Dr Phil, but men are abused too.

Replied By: cheekybrat2 on Jun 13, 2013, 8:20AM - In reply to yellowrosetx
thank you for saying what you said and i totally agree with you.I've been her a long time ago and you are right nice guy,come on.Yes dr.phil does that he pumps up there delicate ego"ya right" tells them they are not basically a bad guy.yes dr.phil he may just be a bad guy with no excuse..period for what he has done.well done karen26.

Replied By: sharonhead on Jun 12, 2013, 1:35PM
Sorry, I just responded but didn't say what I really wanted to say.  There are some really good men out there and she needs to find one, however, it took me 10 yrs to find my prince and we have been married 31 years.  Please let her know there is life after t his abuse.

Replied By: sharonhead on Jun 12, 2013, 1:32PM
Listening to her story wash like listening to mine years ago.  I made a plan, got out while the gettin was good, and didn't loose my life in the process.   She cannot possibly love that man.  Like you said, she loves what she wishes he was.  But it is only going to get worse. 

Please Dr. Phil, don't tell that man that he is not evil.  He is as evil as they come and he will kill her if he gets a chance.     I wish she could talk to someone who can help her get out and not look back.

That is an older show and I wish I knew how they are doing now.

Thank you for helping these people.

Sharon Head

Replied By: yellowrosetx on Jun 11, 2013, 12:53PM
Dr. Phil has said more than once to a male abuser something like: "I don't think you are bad guy" or I don't think you want to be like this". 

Excuse me!  A guy who beats, chokes, puts a nail through a womans arm IS A BAD GUY!  I know you want to make the abuser feel good so he will get the help you offer. However, these monsters are not good guys no matter how you portray it.

Replied By: karen26 on Jun 11, 2013, 10:41AM
I only caught the last 15 minutes of the show, but that was more than enough. Then I went to your website and saw a little more.  I have so much respect for you Dr. Phil, but was disappointed that you told the abused wife that he could change.  That feels like you helped to make an excuse for her to stay.  A man like that rarely changes anbd the next time he puts his hands on her he could kill her.  I remember quite a long time ago when I was in an abusive relationship and happened to watch your show and your advise was to never let them have another chance to abuse you.  If they hit you once, it will happen again.  Well I left him, and he went on to marry a lovely woman.  He abuses her too and she is still with him.  She doesn't even look like the same woman today.  She looks exhausted and has aged so much in the close to 10 years she's been with him.  My heart breaks for her.  I don't understand what has changed with the way you look at domestic voilence.  Hopefully with the therapy that you are providing her with, she will leave the jerk.

Replied By: ladymandrake on Jun 11, 2013, 9:41AM - In reply to sherryburnett
I think we are marked after such horrors happen to us. You know like the bubbles over the heads of the Sims games character. Abusers are the ones who can see the banners of weakness above us. I heard it said that we only accept the love of others we think we deserve. My life reflects this.

Stay strong my friend.

Replied By: ladymandrake on Jun 11, 2013, 9:27AM
She says she will never leave him.....but she will in a pine box. After years of staying in an abusive relationship my ex finally put my face through a plate glass wall crushing my jaws, chin, and nose. At that time wives were property. He was a pro athlete. After plenty surgeries and him bringing me back home he offered a new Jaguar as an apology....big red bow and all. That hurt more even than the beatings. I saw then what my life was worth. He was 6'4", 350lbs. I'm 4'11". I waited for him to go to sleep and shot him that night with his 44. Horribly he lived. Flesh wounds and he even forced me to ride in the ambulance in keeping control of me. He refused to blame me. When I discovered I was pregnant I fled. By the time of the birth he was in Japan. One of us would have certainly died had he gotten to my child. You're never the same after halving gone through that. I fail at everything I do. Delight is found nowhere. You never really find peace. At times I wonder if me leaving in a pine box would have been better and easier. I  was 14 when we met. He was 28.

Replied By: sherryburnett on Jun 11, 2013, 1:58AM
I AM NOW 65 YEARS OLD. I WAS ABUSED AS A CHILD AND MY FATHER ALSO STARTED SEXUALLY MOLESTING ME. WHEN I WAS 16 YEARS OLD I LET A MAN WHO WS 23 GET ME PREGNANT SO I COULD GET MARRIED TO ESCAPE MY PEDOPHILE FATHER. THE MAN I MARRIED WAS VERY ABUSIVE AND ALCOHOLIC. NOT ONLY DID HE ABUSE ME BUT HE ABUSED MY SONS AS YOUNG AS JUST A WEEK OLD FOR CRYING. WE WERE VERY POOR AND WENT HUNGRY. I CALLED THE POLICE MANY TIMES. HAD THERE BEEN BATTERED WOMENS' SHELTERS I WOULD HAVE GONE TO ONE. I CALLED THE POLICE FOR YEARS AND NOTHING WAS DONE AND I COULDN'T MAKE A LIVING. ONCE I WENT HOME BUT MY FATHER ONLY STARTED TO MOLEST ME AND THE ABUSIVE HUSBAND THREATENED TO KILL MY WHOLE FAMILY AND KILL MY SONS AS WELL AS ME. THIS LASTED FOR NINE YEARS.

I FINALLY GOT AWAY BUT SHORTLY THEREAFTER I MET AN EVEN WORSE MAN WHO WAS A PYSCOPATH. HE ENJOYED BEATING AND TORTURING ME. MADE ME GO TO SWINGING PARTIES AND EVENTUALLY SOLD ME INTO PROSTITUTION. IT TURNS OUT HE PREFERRED MEN. I FEAR HE MAY HAVE MOLESTED MY SONS. IT LASTED THREE YEARS.

IT WAS HARD FOR ME TO GET OUT OF PROSTITUTION AND I WAS NEVER ABLE TO GET ANY HELP.

THEN IN 1988 AFTER MY SONS WERE GROWN UP I MET ANOTHER MAN WHO DIDN'T BEAT ME UP AND FOR THREE YEARS I THOUGHT I HAD FINALLY FOUND SOMEBODY WHO REALLY LOVED ME. HE TURNED OUT TO BE A POLYGAMIST AND MOVED HIS WIFE INTO THE HOUSE HE SAID HE BOUGHT FOR ME. I STAYED BECAUSE I LOST MY JOB AND I WAS AFRAID I WOULD JUST MEET ANOTHER ABUSIVE MAN AND NOT BE ABLE TO SUPPORT MYSELF. MY YOUNGER SON GOT MARRIED AND SHE WOULD NOT LET ME SEE MY GRANDCHILDREN.. MY SON DID NOT SPEAK TO ME FOR 11 YEARS. THEN MY OLDER SON GOT MARRIED IN 1997. IN 2003 I FINALLY LEFT HIM BECAUSE HE JOINED TOM GREENS MORMON FUNDAMENTALIST CULT AND DECIDED HE MUST HAVE THREE WIVES LIVING TOGETHER IN HARMONY. I DID NOT WANT ANOTHER WOMAN AND FOUR MORE KIDS SO I LEFT. I COULDN'T TAKE IT. WHEN I CALLED TOM GREEN A PEDOFILE BECAUSE HE IS A PEDOFILE, THIS MAN THREW ME AGAINST THE REFRIGERATOR AND I WAS BLEEDING. I WENT TO THE POLICE AND AGIAN NOTHING WAS DONE. HIS OTHER WIFE CAME HOME AND SAID SHE SAW ME HIT HIM. I AM SURPRISED I WASN'T ARRESTED.

I LEFT AND HAD TO MOVE TO A MOTEL. THEN I MET ANOTHER JERK AND MARRIED HIM. MY RELATIONSHIP WAS GETTING BACK ON TRACK WITH MY SONS. BUT THIS GUY TURNED OUT TO BE VERY CONTROLLING AND HAD TEMPER TANTRUMS EVEN THOUGH HE WAS A YOGA INSTRUCTOR. WHEN I LEFT HIM HE CAUSED ME A LOT OF TROUBLE AND HARRASSED ME AND THEN MY SONS. I WAS SO ANGRY AT HIM THAT FOR ONCE I HIT HIM WHEN HE WALKED UP TO ME AFTER MY SON HAD CALLED ME YELLING AT ME TO LEAVE HIM ALONE WHEN HE WOULD NOT LEAVE ME ALONE.

SO I HIT HIM. AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS OF BEING BEATEN AND ABUSED AND THE POLICE NEVER ARRESTING MY ABUSER, I WAS ARRESTED AND FINED A BUNCH OF MONEY AND HAD TO GO TO ANGER MANAGEMENT. 

AND MY SONS WILL NOT SPEAK TO ME AGAIN. THEY HAVENT' FOR YEARS. I AM TRYING TO NOT GET INTO ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP UNTIL I LEARN HOW TO NOT GET ABUSED. I AM SORRY FOR ALLTHE PAIN MY SONS HAD TO GO THROUGH BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO DEFEND AND PROTECT EITEHR THEM OR MYSELF. AND I HAVE LOST MY CHILDHOOD, THEY LOST THEIR CHILDHOOD, I GOT CHEATED OUT OF THE MOTHERHOOD I WANTED TO GIVE MY SONS AND I AM NOW BEING CHEATED OUT OF GRANDPARENTHOOD AS WELL AND MY DREAMS OF FINISHING COLLEGE AND BECOMING AN ILLUSTRATOR WERE DESTROYED YEARS AGO THANKS TO ALL THIS ABUSE. AND I WANT SO MUCH TO BE IN COMMUNCATION WITH MY SONS AND MY GRANDCHIILDREN. IT TEARS ME UP EVERY DAY ESPECIALLY ON MOTHER'S DAY, BIRTHDAYS AND HOLIDAYS, IT SEEMS SO EMPTY NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE OR HEAR FROM MY SONS AND GRANDCHILDREN.

Replied By: mrsrick on Jun 10, 2013, 7:49PM - In reply to chrystalship
These types of situations have nothing to do with Our Father! These are two grown (numerically speaking) adults making their decisions based on who they are, how they were raised, what has been done to them, etc...etc..they are making choices based on what they know. Neither of them would know what to do in any other situation. Every persons normal is different. She does not love this man I think we all know that, she needs to be away from him long enough to realize that right? So if Our Father stepped in and fixed it all for them, what in the end of the situation would they have learned? He has a perfect plan that we can't understand yet...these three individuals are in "their" own personal school of life experiences for a reason and a great purpose. Our Father allows in each persons life "only" what he already knows they can bare. He also allows us to fall on our faces so that we will fall on our knees and ask for his direction and guidance, that's all he wants.  It takes so much in some people to get to that point, but it will all happen when it is supposed to for these individuals.  I agree with you one hundred percent the world is in tough shape! Truly I am not here to cause conflicting conversation but I have to mention him again:) We are in the condition that we are in because we are certainly in the end times. We are in the days of suffering and distress as the Word says we wil be as mentioned in Revelations, Matthew and Mark. Also, we can't keep taking God "out of it" that is how all of this mess got started. America took God "out of it." Sincerely, with love, Mrs.Rick.

Showing 1-10 of total 121 Comments