Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

(Original Air Date: 01/05/09) Making New Year’s resolutions is easy; the hard part is keeping them. Dr. Phil says there's no better time than now to make a change in your life and start creating what you want, instead of settling for what you don’t. Learn his five powerful secrets to making your resolutions a reality. Dr. Phil shares the stories of three couples with three very different problems they are resolving to fix in the New Year. Allyson and James say they resolve to improve their financial picture, get out of debt and stop living hand-to-mouth. And, Missy says she is making one of the most popular resolutions: to lose weight. Will she meet her goal in time for her wedding to Justin? Then, Jill and Matt are busy parents who say their sex life has gone from fireworks to fizzled out. Their resolution is to reignite the flames and reconnect. Plus, Jim Cramer, author and host of CNBC’s Mad Money offers a solid strategy for achieving financial resolutions. This is practical advice you won’t want to miss, whether your income is meager or millions. Don’t just make resolutions this year -- tune in and learn how to keep them!

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: sharonv2549 on Sep 17, 2013, 7:25PM
What ever happened to Little Miss Attitude..  Her parent sent her to Turn About Ranch.  I would love to see an update on her.  I realize Dr. Phil, that U can't fixed EVERYTHING.. but U sure give it all U've got.  Was just wondering what happened with Sabby???

Replied By: jinx1973 on Dec 31, 2012, 6:24PM
I realize this show was from three years ago so hindsight is wonderful. The real estate advice was bad. I also wonder how much harm was done to small business by advising people to shop @ bulk & warehouse type giants! It is those small businesses that support our communities and keep them healthy and vibrant. Small businesses employ local people and pay taxes as well.

Replied By: boscoandlexi on Dec 31, 2012, 4:24PM
Dr. Phil:

Enjoyed your show, but the mention purchasing real estate in 2009 gave away that it was an old show and the advise was not accurate.

Replied By: mspurr on Dec 31, 2012, 1:06PM
I understand getting rid of all the bad foods in the house to help you stay on track. But I live with someone who will not support that. He wants to eat what he wants to eat, and he feels like I should do what I want, but he should not have to change the way he does things. So I have to find a work around for that.

Thank you

Mspurr

Replied By: maryjones21 on Dec 31, 2012, 11:36AM
Nice start to the new year, a good way to make the resolutions stick. 

I'm glad the family with the financial problems had jobs and resources to get started.

What would be the suggestions for someone who has been struggling to get work for a year and a half, who is 56 and has a graduate degree.  Part of my problem is my area of work, education and I don't speak Spanish or any language other than English fluently (I am well versed with English unlike many people who even work in journalism and produce commercials).

I would love it if shows like Dr. Phil would find a way to encourage employers to hire older and/or unemployed people.  I am a hard worker with an excellent work ethic, I am healthier than most younger workers, I don't have family issues to get in the way.

Replied By: southernsandra on Dec 31, 2012, 9:31AM - In reply to judgelou
The  bank I dealt with kept the 9,000.  the municipality tried to give in a condemnation suit and then they charged me lawyers fees and appraisal fees.  I have a very low loan to value.  I have hundreds of thousands of dollars in equity and they hired an outside lawyer to charge me fees......

Replied By: southernsandra on Dec 31, 2012, 9:28AM
My heart goes out to the family with the barber shop but one of the problems seems to be easy to solve.  Barber shops are not going to be patronized but if he opened his shop to beauticians or joined a group of beauticians he would rock it.  Just change his persona.  Update his business.  Invite female hairstylist in and/or move your business in with  one of them.

Facebook is free.  Open a facebook account\ have your friends like it and ALWAYS ASK YOUR customer what you can do to get them and their friends back in your shop. 

I totally belive in the anomous service survey.  I am a retired CPA and find Dr. Phil right on, but there is a solution here that the show did not address.  

believe in asking the customer, the employees.  As a professional, I watched all these high paid consultants come in and advise on how to grow the company.  A large part of that was askig the people that worked for the company and the employees.  Keeping it real may be as simple as asking advice from your employees and clients.  

As far as the bank 

Replied By: littleone51 on Jun 13, 2011, 8:19PM
hi i now you say this guy has an illness but there was no remorse no nnothing it was like he was enjoying  being in the limelight either of them just never really showed any emotion what is with that i watch your show daily and take a lot on board of what you say but this show really left me feeling scared for the little girl but he is an exibitionist and he was loving every moment he was the centre of attention i was wondering what steps where put in place to protect the child because the mother was not doing much

Replied By: whodathunkit on Feb 3, 2009, 11:03AM
The FBI is teaming up with the mortgage industry to counter mortgage fraud and promote awareness of this serious issue. Industry insiders such as mortgage brokers, loan originators, and underwriters are on the front lines of industry fraud prevention, which is why the FBI needs your help.

Copy and Paste the entire link below into the web address bar:

http://www.namb.org/namb/Report_Fraud.asp?SnID=182375813 

Increasing its accessibility to investigative personnel, the FBI is now encouraging consumers and industry professionals to provide tips over the internet. NAMB believes this collaboration with the FBI is a major step in curtailing mortgage fraud. Equally, NAMB hopes more consumers will come forward if they have witnessed suspicious activity.

Replied By: deedeemarie on Jan 13, 2009, 12:26AM
Hello everyone. I am new here and still trying to figure out where everything is.. lol.  I am trying to locate the 5 steps sheet that Dr. Phil had referred to on here to print out and am unable to find it. Please can someone tell me where its located.. Thank you !!!

Showing 1-10 of total 57 Comments