Specials

The guests on the show, "Shocking Mom Revelations," came clean with their own private battles behind closed doors. Is there something that you're struggling with as a mother? You're not alone. Share your story and find support here.
Comments
Replied By: rmcgovernatt on May 20, 2016, 10:49AM - In reply to ommymommy
I am writing you regarding the mental health problems that are disabling for my mother She was severely abused as a child slave. She lived in fear for her safety and her life in that world. She escaped and eventually came to the United States with a woman  who took over her life. She has a severe form of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. She has made progress in therapy, but the severity of her trauma created symptoms that are very disabling. She feels unsafe in the world, as if any moment she could be kidnaped and abused again.  She is also fearful something that her daughter could be kidnaped. She is very uncomfortable and fearful around people. It is very difficult for her to sleep, because she is constantly on guard.  In spite of her fears, she can go to some places like therapy, However, it is difficult for her, and many days she does not leave her house because of these fears. has made progress in therapy, because of the horrible abuses that were done to her. I will continue to work with my mother and help her recover as much as I can from these horrible abuses.

Replied By: rmcgovernatt on May 20, 2016, 10:44AM
I am writing you regarding the mental health problems that are disabling for my mother She was severely abused as a child slave. She lived in fear for her safety and her life in that world. She escaped and eventually came to the United States with a woman  who took over her life. She has a severe form of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. She has made progress in therapy, but the severity of her trauma created symptoms that are very disabling. She feels unsafe in the world, as if any moment she could be kidnaped and abused again.  She is also fearful something that her daughter could be kidnaped. She is very uncomfortable and fearful around people. It is very difficult for her to sleep, because she is constantly on guard.  In spite of her fears, she can go to some places like therapy, However, it is difficult for her, and many days she does not leave her house because of these fears. She has made progress in therapy, because of the horrible abuses that were done to her. I will continue to work with my mother and help her recover as much as I can from these horrible abuses.

Replied By: rmcgovernatt on May 20, 2016, 10:26AM - In reply to ommymommy
 I am going to share a story about a woman . She is my mother who brought me into this world. I am honored to share a story about a very powerful and brave woman who is willingly going to describe the horrific experiences that she has not only experienced but endured. I write this story because she has a powerful story that shows the human strength in overcoming tragedy, and it exposes a very real part of our globalized world that is very rarely talked about CHILD SLAVE TRAFFICKING. Many of us are oblivious to the fact that people have experienced this sort of misfortune. I can also imagine that this is a hard story to tell because it makes my mother relive those moments. The reader emotionally responds to the different parts of her journey by feeling horror, anger and shock but also an unexplainable joyfulness at the end. 

Replied By: rmcgovernatt on May 20, 2016, 10:25AM
 I am going to share a story about a woman . She is my mother who brought me into this world. I am honored to share a story about a very powerful and brave woman who is willingly going to describe the horrific experiences that she has not only experienced but endured. I write this story because she has a powerful story that shows the human strength in overcoming tragedy, and it exposes a very real part of our globalized world that is very rarely talked about CHILD SLAVE TRAFFICKING. Many of us are oblivious to the fact that people have experienced this sort of misfortune. I can also imagine that this is a hard story to tell because it makes my mother relive those moments. The reader emotionally responds to the different parts of her journey by feeling horror, anger and shock but also an unexplainable joyfulness at the end. 

Replied By: jcwright on Jan 6, 2016, 6:00PM - In reply to tucsondee
Grandparents are one of the greatest gifts to grandchildren.

Replied By: ommymommy on Dec 20, 2015, 10:35PM
I have been struggling with the legal system, my rights and my loss!  It is becoming so unbearable; I'm in horrible shape.  At a loss, doing the best I can and not getting anywhere.  Unemp;oyed, out of state from my little superman- growing up without me much.  I am miserable here where my immediate needs are meet  with contingencies.  Everyone around me is doing pretty well, mostly due to my physical and attentive needs for them.  I simply need a breaak.  I messed up years ago then a bit in between.  My biggest issues have been copeing skills.  I've gotten a handle on them but seem to be nearing the end of any hope to do better for myself therefore for my son.  I just need a chance to fulfill my committment to him, be near him, keep him safe and hapy and share my love with him.  I grew up withput a mom, she passed very early on for me; with 4 step mothers, and a step dad. Dysfunction junction.  I have n s/o that does NOT regard our working togeather for the benefit of my reubinification with my little superman.  I am so frustrated and getting depresee more by the say/hour.  SEEKING advise.

Thank you, a very lonly, without mommy

Replied By: tucsondee on Oct 18, 2015, 1:04PM
First you have to understand, I raised my kids near my parents and we had a flower shop. My family lived 1 block from the flower shop and my parents lived 2 block from the shop. We were a very close and loving family. My son went to college 2 hours away but would come to visit at least once a month with his girlfriend for a week end. Then he went to New York for a year of schooling and that is when he met his wife. When they first came back from NY just as girlfriend and boyfriend I thought she was a sweet girl. My son asked me if this is the girl he should marry. I told him I could not tell him who to marry or what profession to do in life. Those were two things he would have to decided. He became a Dr in pharmacy and they moved to San Francisco after getting married. This is when all the trouble started. It seems as soon a s she said I do to my son she blocked my phone from their house. When I would go for my yearly visits I would stay with them, then they moved and my son was not allowed to tell me where they moved to. Now they have 3 children and when the last one was born we did not find out until the day he was born. We got a phone call, we have a boy, I was like what , did you adopt? I have sent birthday gifts to children but have found out that they use my gift as their gift and so the children do not even know I am sending them something. I have also found out that they have come into town to visit his rich grandfather but have not contacted us so that we could see them. The last time my mom, sister, daughter and me went out for a weekend we only got to see the children on the first night at dinner at a busy resturant. The second day my son came to see us without the children. I do not know if her being an Armenian woman has anything to do with all of this or not but it is all about her family. is ther anyone else out there going through the same thing? My heart is broken and I just do not know how to fix this problem. I have been praying that things will change  or that my sons wife gets hit by a bus

Replied By: ncdgolden on May 11, 2015, 4:37PM
I come from a dysfunctional family. How did I deal with it? I didnt, I ran. I got maried at 19 and my husband and I started our own lives.  I put a lot of my childhood memories away and felt safe and secure knowing my husband and I created a wonderful life with 3 exceptional adult kids. Fast forward 40 years. My mother and her boyfriend insisted they move to be closer to us. He dies, mother has major health problems, mother moves in with us. And no, my siblings want nothing to do with that responsibility. They call her 3x a year.

I am resentful that she was not there for her 4 children. She would leave us alone every weekend. I was 12 watching out for my siblings.

I have withdrawn myself from her emotionally. Thats the only thing that works for me.

Does anybody have any stories like this to share?

Replied By: growth60 on Mar 23, 2015, 7:14AM - In reply to shallannarenee
My Dad left me in my crib when I was little to cry it out and i became silent in school , but a rageholic at home. I didn't know I had an illness until I was 36 and when I tried to be nice, was hit by my husband and my Dad yelled at me for wanting to be a Mom. I felt my sweet inner child at the same time, but wad finally left with my rage and no way to support myself. Don't give up on her. Show her how to bond with her baby when you can read compassionate child rearing. Protect the child, but praise your Daughter when she does good. God can heal, but it is not easy. I will be thinking of you.

Replied By: growth60 on Mar 23, 2015, 7:05AM
I lost my children to mental illness 20 years ago, just when I was figuring it out. I had a nervous breakdown with 3 mortgages and back taxes and a loss of inheritance.My true brain was coming alive and other people liked me, but not my family. I was left as a toddler who couldn't do anything and my inner anxious child. I should have been hospitilized ,but wasn't and was abused and neglected as a Woman. I am finally in my own place that is safe, but have no relationships with my kids. I am a binge eater, have OCD, Add , independent personality, fatherless duaghter syndrome, PTSD, severe depression, but survived. I am a Montessori type teacher who wanted to raise my children to reach their own potential with structure and guiding love, but was poor and couldn't do it. My rich sisters left me homeless for 20 years while I did other people's laundry for a place to live and took care of the elderly and was a Nanny. I was the scapegoat of a family that had no Mom or Dad connection and 6 teenage pregnancies from College Educated Parents who couldn't afford us. My sisters lached on to the educational system, but I did not. I could never concentrate to do so. One sister told my Dad the trouble she was having and got all the attention while I was not DAddy's little girl and he didn't steer me away from bad men, he just loved his job. I was very sick and the better I get, the more I realized I was duped and lied to and the family secret. God is trying to heal me,but I have alot of resentment and nothing to do as I don't have a family to run. My fourth daughter now has no desire to be a Mom with a toddler and one on the way, but will become a workaholic too. I have a 20 year headache over this and am always hungry and eating. One can't take care of their family in the middle of a panic attack, yet was expected to figure out how to save my home in the middle of it. I was left in my crib to cry it out when I was a toddler and curled up in a ball and my Dad always bragged , i would have strong lungs and I did as a rageaholic. Then one day I wanted to be nice and my husband hit me for being nice and my Dad yelled at me for wanting to be a MOM and everyone told me love was unrealistic. I am hoping for God to give me back double for my trouble and out of this psychosis I have been in since the first grade.

Showing 1-10 of total 25 Comments