Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original AIr Date: 09/26/12) Nicky, 17, says she loves to fight and proudly posts the videos of the brawls on the Internet. The teen brags that she once cracked a girl’s head on the concrete, has broken cheekbones and noses, and has had so many confrontations, she's lost count. She says the police have been called to her home as many as 80 times, and she’s been arrested monthly since she was 13 years old. What’s at the root of her rage? Dr. Phil delves deep into Nicky’s past to find the source of her pain. And, Nicky’s mom, Yvette, says she feels helpless and fears her daughter will end up dead or in prison, but is she modeling bad behavior? An anonymous letter to the show makes shocking allegations against Yvette. Can Dr. Phil get this family help -- before someone gets really hurt -- or worse?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: alphak555 on Aug 27, 2013, 9:02PM
Honestly, I couldn't care LESS what this selfish self absorbed little bully has gome through because ALL of us have been through some form of hell when we were young BUT we choose what we do and how we handle things!  She is simply using her father dying as an excuse and because of her attitude she gets NO SYMPATHY from me! 

If she was such an emotional sensitive person she wouldn't act like a monster and hurt others! I'm so sick of people with excuses when it starts with you!  

She thinks she is so smart but actually comes across as a fast talking bully with a bad attitude and isn't very intelligent! Grow up you bully and your not tough! She's lucky she hasn't come across someone who fights back and either injures or kills her! Maybe it's not luck, she picks on people who can't fight back! 

Dr. Phil, yes her mother is a mess and it would be ideal if she grew up as well but Nikki needs to take ownership! Dr Phil, you never say that selfish, self important people act like Nikki and you always make excuses ! Everyone is scared from one thing or another most of the time for things FAR WORSE than a dead father and a train wreck of a mother but when you don't feel entitled and the centre of the universe like Nidies does, you choose a different path! 

Replied By: candidshot on Jun 28, 2013, 1:13PM
I do not know ehat to do as a parent.There is no handbook.I just do what I think is right and hope that I did the right thing.

Replied By: hblack87 on Jun 26, 2013, 12:09PM
This girl is starving for attention and negative attention is better than no attention at all. I truly believe she has not fully grieved the passing of her father and has not been able to ever really talk about it and ask questions about it. She is acting out and needs to be able to go to therapy and talk about her dad's death and how she misses him and wishes he was still alive and all of the milestones he is going to miss. 

My father passed away when I was just 13 years old and I went through 7 years of counseling! I am so grateful to my mother for allowing me that opportunity. 

Replied By: greenturtle77 on Jun 26, 2013, 8:57AM
I really cant beleave the way she speaks to her parents. I feel that the parents need to learn better parenting skills and a better way to handel her anger...I do hope you can help her I too had anger isues as a young child and never got the help I needed till I was older...So I can relate to her pain...She seems like a good kid that has lost her way and needs help getting back on track

Replied By: suezeek on Jun 25, 2013, 10:27PM
I've observed what happens in my own family when people from different cultures marry and have children.  This mother was born in Asia.  Her expectations of her daughter were those of her native culture.  She is like a parrot saying over and over "she just won't listen" and never goes past that.  I think that's beause she absolutely can't fathom that a child does not listen to her parents, the supreme authority.  And that is how she felt about her parents.  Her husband is exactly the opposite of an Asian father; soft.  this poor child was caught in-between two sets of expectations.  The mother doesn't seem too intelligent but that may be because of her poor command of English.  When expectations are a moving target, a child can get crazy.  I remember thinking I hated my mother because she was this hick from Arkansas and was stupid about the real world.  She didn't have any curiosity about anything and was like this vacant body that talked about Bridge and what she had for lunch at the end of the day.  I despised her for not being what I wanted in a mother.  Now I just feel sorry for her.  But I realized early on, fortunately, I would have to raise myself and set about doing that.  I didn't miss or lament what she was incapable of giving me.  I think that the emphasis these days on parenting, for example on this show,  can actually be damaging.  I see people on the show that will never, in a million years, be good parents.  but Dr. Phil has such faith in "experts".  That family with the two daughters, a few years back, that was a colossal failure despite all the experts.  The girl has learned what to do to survive, manipulating and crying.  What she needs is to have help to develop confidence in her own decisions, even at such an early age and for adults to give her the information she needs to make good decisions and support her until she is a little older.  I don't think she should ever go back home.  I moved away as soon as I was 18.  I retired as a federal bank examiner a few years ago.  I have three sons.  My parents were just fixtures in the background for me.  No hard feelings.

Replied By: housewife52 on Jun 25, 2013, 12:59PM
You know, there IS the idea that this girl is out of control because of various things that have gone on in her life up to this point.  I certainly don't really know what is the actual problem or is it a multitude of things. But, seriously, not having the professional medical expertise, I certainly can't diagnose her, and shouldn't diagnose her, especially perched here at my computer.  But, having said that, my gut instinct is, she is mentally ill.  Sometimes it wouldn't matter if a kid was raised in "Leave it to Beaver", if they have a mental illness they are going to have problems. The reason I feel this way, is because , I have seen another teenager in another time, who acted this way, before it was cool to fight on UTube.  And this kid didn't start out as a child behaving badly either. And it was a very long time before she was finally diagnosed. And yeah, we all talked about how it was her home life. Shame on us, we had bad situations also, we just didn't act crazy.

Replied By: evee1971 on Jun 24, 2013, 11:03PM
Really????  I have a 19yr. old.  I love him more than life it's self.  That girl is spoiled, plain and simple, she has never had to answer for her crimes, she gets her hair done, nailes done and lives in a beautiful home!!!!   She needs to answer for what she has done she knows not to go beat someone up 30 plus times!!!!!!  I feel for her mom, the police have told me over and over with my son, hes has to commit  a fellony before we can do anything and now he is using herion!!!!  Thanks for the help--- Someone need to back up mom.  She is playing all of you and is very good at it. Has she ever had to work for anything????? Say, I am sorry to the people she has hurt???? make accomidations to the people she has hurt, her mom, siblings, nieghbors anyone???  Really???  You are missing making her accountable.  I wish and pray for help for my son who has done with almost nothing, he has lost 2 dads.  answer that---

evelyndamrill@gmail.com

Replied By: quigav1012 on Jun 24, 2013, 7:42PM
I forgot to ask one thing.  I've always wondered what Robin is saying to you as you leave the show.  Thanks, Sally Counts

Replied By: quigav1012 on Jun 24, 2013, 7:38PM
Nikki's mother was so out of touch with her daughters feelings.  For 10 years she didn't notice the problems.  I have to say I'm so sick of television I could scream.  Let's talk about the programs that can influence our children.  Pregnant and Dating, Bridezillas, Marriage Boot Camp, Just to name a few.  How can we stop such trash from being shown?  I was at the doctor's office waiting to be called back.  There was a mother sitting there reading a magazine.  Her daughter, probably 4 or 5 years old, was trying to talk to her.  She never acknowledged her or the conversation.  They wonder why their children can't hear them.   It starts early and continues through life.  I hope parents everywhere watch your show and realize that they can't disconnect.  They have to pay attention.  I know I have made mistakes as a parent.  I talk to my daughter, who is now 42, and make sure we are on the same page.  She is a very responsible adult and a great mother.  I am grateful for that.  We always talked about issues even if we had to stay up late to do it.  We made a pact to never go to bed mad.  I think we accomplished that.  It's still important to this date with my husband and anyone else in my life.  Thanks for listening.  Sally Counts

Replied By: auntiejayjay9 on Jun 24, 2013, 7:19PM - In reply to meschiens2
Boot camp in not the place for Nikki. If you sent her to boot camp she would come out more angry and with a bigger chip on her shoulder bigger than she has now. Where she is going is not a resort. Nikki is going to a place that will teach her to deal diffrently to her anger, get off of drugs, and I hope get a better relationship with her mother. Dr. Phil did not treat her kindly, he told her the truth.

JS

Showing 1-10 of total 134 Comments