Twitter Facebook YouTube

2013 Shows

(Original Air Date: 09/27/12) Levi and Bob say their once-perfect, honor roll student, Tiffani, has changed into someone they don’t know, and she is terrorizing the family. Levi says the 15-year-old is mean and drinks, steals and fights with her every day. In one altercation, Levi says Tiffani spit in her face, punched her and threatened to push her off a balcony, and now she’s afraid for her life. Bob says Tiffani doesn’t respect discipline or any authority -- including the police. Tiffani has been in juvenile detention three times, and Bob says each time she's released, her behavior only escalates. Dr. Phil takes a look into their family dynamics. How might Bob and Levi be contributing to Tiffani's recklessness? Plus, hear from Tiffani. You may be surprised to hear why she says she acts out.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: cheeker on Aug 28, 2013, 8:15AM
When I first watched this show, I just really wished that Tiffani had made the decision to go to Turn-About Ranch because it would give her some time away from her family. Looking back on it now, two things come to mind:

1. I think the Dad (Bob?) only came on the show to try and clear his name. 

2. I think both parents are manipulative people and are focusing all their energy on Tiffani to avoid facing their relationship problems. They don't seem like people who would want to admit that the way they act could've caused the demise of their marraige. I think Bob givesTiffani expensive things as a way to control her. Tiffani craves these things because that's currently the only happiness she knows- knowing that her room is filled with beautiful, fun things that take her mind off her problems.

Replied By: loyalalways on Jun 29, 2013, 3:10AM - In reply to craig12
What do you want from these parents? Do you think you could do better with a child like that? 

First of all, these parents tried several things to help their daughter. They DID talk to psychologists, etc., but nobody could help them. Is that THEIR fault? No, it isn't. Those people are professionalists and they should know how to help these people, yet they didn't. The parents deserve credit for trying everything they could think of to help her. So they're not perfect parents. Are you? There's no such thing as a perfect parent.

As for having the child charged with aasault, YES, I do agree that they did the right thing. It's better for the parents to lay these charges than someone she doesn't know. Someone else will see to it that she gets punished to the full extent of the law. They don't care about the child like the parents do.

NOBODY has a right to assault anyone, especially a child assaulting a parent. I'd like to see how you'd handle it if your child assaulted you. Most parents are just normal human beings WITHOUT a degree in psychology. Dr. Phil tends to forget that part. There are parents out there who do deserve that treatment, but most parents deserve as much respect as Dr. Phil expects from them. They're not criminals. However, this child WILL be if she's not straightened out..

Replied By: loyalalways on Jun 28, 2013, 11:36PM - In reply to carliebelle
It's nice to see a young person post. Actually, it's nice to see that there ARE good kids out there. To be honest, I think most kids are respectful, but a lot aren't and those are the ones who stand out, unfortunately. They makje it look bad for all of the other young people.

Anyway, I wanted to point out to you that most people didn't get beaten when we were younger. Yes, some parents used a belt, but, that is wrong. I was never treated like that and I didn't use that for my kids either. I don't think that beating a child does any good. A swat on the behind, on the other  hand, doesn't hurt them. I used that as a last resort with my kids. I didn't have to do it very often. 

Things are hard enough today without someone telling these bad kids that it's OK for them to throw tantrums when they don't get their own way and to treat their parents with disrespect. Putting down parents in front of a tantrum-throwing spoiled brat is the WRONG thing to do. I don't know what is going through Dr. Phil's head with these kids, but I'd sure like to know why he thinks that condoning this child's behavior is right. I'd sure like to see updates on ALL of these to see who went where. He probably doesn't want to show us.

Replied By: victoriatran on Jun 28, 2013, 5:25PM
I  just saw the espisodes on Brutal Beauties. I am shocked!

Both girls need to be adopted into a home in India where they will be worked hard and under appreciated.

The first girl, needs to get into a professional boxing ring and/or join the military and get her butt kicked...she should NEVER put her hands on another human being....She needs a serious lesson on self control and feel the "hurt" she has inflicted on other innocent women.  Her behavior, despite her parents is criminal.

The second girl needs to get corporal punishment and anger management....not some sweet "ranch".

This behavior is abhorent !!!  There are so many successfull and happy human beings that have grown up with much worse...so much worse.

STOP BABYING THEM!!!!  put them on the south side of Chicago or Mexico City and see them CRAWL back to their parents crying.

This behavior is absurd and they should count their blessings.  Oh, and their parents...Grow some and PARENT your children...train them to be right.  They are spoiled brats....the end!!!!      

Replied By: craig12 on Jun 27, 2013, 8:55PM
I never reply to these things.  But I wanted to today.  I am surprised at how many people are upset with the way that Dr. Phil reponded to the parents.   

I can understand those who are frustared.  As many have said, when I was a kid, if we talked to our parents this way... we would have gotten a whoopin'.  While this isn't always a good parenting response, that is understandable. I think the point is... these parents aren't doing that... 

The parents were NOT taking responsility for their part of the issuee. And that is what frustrated Dr. Phil.

While I do thing this young girl has many issues, is rude, foul-mouthed, etc.  The parents haven't really accepted their responsiblity for being parents in this family.  Every chance he gave them to step up and accept that perhaps they could be doing things a bit diffently... they didn't do it.  

So.. while we were younger (I am in my 40s) we wouldn't talk to OUR parents this way.... apparently these parents are not as good as OUR parents were.  Because I am sure my parents would NOT put up with the way she is treating her parents.  

The problem really is that they were inconsistent with themselves and with each other.  I really wonder what issues are going between the two parents.   It seems that even in the issue they discussed where the dad and grandma were not aware that she was visiting a friend. But apparently the mom was aware.  

Also, in what way is it OK to let your 13 year old daughter to be arrested for assault.  Again.. NO responsibilty. 

I do wonder how things have turned out for this family.  

Replied By: loyalalways on Jun 26, 2013, 11:57PM
First of all, most parents today aren't the problem. Society is pushing these kids way too fast to grow up. The government should mind its own business and let parents be parents without feeling threatened to have their kids taken away from them. Kids are expected to behave like kids, like adults, have a job, do chores at home, get good grades in school, do homework, etc, etc. When are they supposed to find time to be kids??

I used to have a lot of respect for Dr. Phil. Then I watched the show where Katie and  her mother were trying to stand up to a bully and his family, especially his smug mother. Dr. Phil obviously only believed the bully's family. He was rude to Katie's mother. Is that because she's a single mother? That's the impression I'm starting to get with Dr. Phil. He didn't belittle the single father he had on the show. NOBODY should be belittled.

Then Dr. Phil has the nerve to say he takes bullying very seriously. Oh REALLY, Dr. Phil. Well, you sure blew it this time. You gave the audience and your viewers NO reason to believe that Katie and her mother deserved your condescending attitude toward them. The ONLY thing you provided us were the words of the bully's family, who also turned out to be bullies. It was obvious to 99% of the people who wrote on your website that YOU were wrong on this show. YOU looked like an amateur. It's really too bad that you don't care what your viewers think.

Then recently he's had several shows on out of control kids who throw tantrums because they don't get their own way. They behave worse than 2-year-olds. Dr. Phil sits there and pretty well tells them that they were right to behave in such an abusive way toward their parents. He tells them that it's their parents fault that they are like they are. Then he babies them telling them he's sending them on a 'vacation' from their parents so that they can be selfish and do the things they want. Be selfish??? They've been doing that for years now already. What part of that didn't you get, Dr.Phil?

You say kids need structure, yet you undermine their parents authority and tell these kids that their parents ("those people", in your words) are wrong and are at fault for their behavior. You condone their bad attitudes and abusive behavior to their family members. Dr. Phil, have you not read the TRUE stories of kids just like these kids who have told lie after lie about their parents? They ended up killing them or convincing someone else to kill the because of those lies??? Do you want that on your head? 

I just don't understand why Dr. Phil does things this way. I wish he'd explain why it really IS the best way to handle things. I just can't see how belittling parents to these kids and coddlling them for throwing tantrums is good.

Replied By: auntiebeasley on Jun 26, 2013, 8:12PM
You made me angry watching you Dr. Phil. Yep, these parents aren't perfect. None of us are. They spoiled this little brat. When they said they stripped her room, i knew they were taking parenting tips from you as I have heard you tell parents to this time and time again. This brat beat her mother!!!! She should be in jail doing time. Then she cries and works Dr. Phil. So hard to watch. She is a horrible kid. It would be very hard not to slap her accross the face when she moths off like she does. I applaud the parents for their restraint.

Replied By: auntiebeasley on Jun 26, 2013, 8:05PM - In reply to alexbennie
She sure does

Replied By: auntiebeasley on Jun 26, 2013, 8:03PM - In reply to lankyb
Yep, kick the brat out and save the other children. She needs to do time for sure.

Replied By: auntiebeasley on Jun 26, 2013, 8:01PM
You would need a break from that little brat part of the time. At least this way you are sure you get rid of her and some sanity part time. Awful kid. Awful call Dr. Phil

Showing 1-10 of total 318 Comments