Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

Actress Lindsay Lohan’s mother, Dina, has been accused of everything from being a bad mom to riding the celebrity coattails of her daughter. In a rare one-on-one interview, Dina attempts to set the record straight about the negative press she’s received. And, the conversation turns very interesting, very fast. Find out what prompts Dr. Phil to call Dina “phony.” Getting serious, Dina talks about the abuse she says she suffered at the hands of her ex-husband, Michael. Why did she stay married to him for 19 years? And, what does she think about Lindsay’s personal and legal struggles, including jail time, all-night partying and rehab stints? Then, Michael Lohan fires back at the accusations against him. Hear his account of the alleged abuse. And, what responsibility does he take for his daughter's troubles? Plus, meet Kristi Horn, who claims that Michael fathered her now 17-year-old daughter, Ashley, when he and Dina were separated. Will Michael agree to a paternity test? And, does Ashley want Michael to be part of her life

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: mudwigglefarm on Feb 3, 2013, 4:34PM
Oh my goodness, this is just airing in New Zealand.   Dina had to have been under the influence of some serious medication, surely!!!  I don't know why Dr Phil continued the interview, she was self absorbed, distracted, made no sense what so ever.   It is no wonder the family is so disfunctional!!!       The woman is an absolute fake, and the hamster was clearly not on the wheel.   What a right off!!

Replied By: deb999 on Jan 14, 2013, 9:42AM
Mother of God! What a plonker! That woman is totally affected. I am not one bit surprised that the whole family is disfunctional.
She absolutely LOVES herself.
All about Dinah!

Attention seeking, selfish, egotistical, rude, no social graces whatsoever and a total twat!

Why Dr Phil would you waste your time - this woman is never going to change - loves herself more than anybody else.

As for her husband - why would you even bother entertaining him with air time - that's all he's looking for.

Latch-key kids is what we call them here in Ireland where the parents don't care who their children hang out with, what they get up to or what they are doing as long as they are not annoying them!

Replied By: mightymel on Oct 4, 2012, 11:30AM
 That was the single weirdest interview I've ever seen! What was she on? Why the hell didn't Dr. Phil stop the interview and call Dr. Drew! That lady needs serious help. That wasn't an anxiety disorder that was addiction! She wanted to set the record straight and she sure did. I now know that she is certifiably nuts! It was hard to watch because she was obviously intoxicated in one way or another. She didn't really answer a single question with any intelligable response. It was a first class train wreck, and just like they say, I couldn't turn away! But like they saw in Hollywood, any press is good press...NOT!

Replied By: galense on Sep 24, 2012, 5:46AM
This says it all - no wonder her daughter is so messed up. This woman had to be on something when she did that interview.  She was not in her right mind at all.   She looked like a fool and probably now sees that.  What a shame.  Poor Lindsay has no hope.

Replied By: lollychase on Sep 22, 2012, 8:26PM
I missed the episode, but have gotten the gist of it from the posted video excerpts. Watching Dina Lohan's behavior and listening to her roundelay nonsensical responses is like being shot in the frontal lobe of the brain. Nothing she said made any sense and it was an all-around painful experience to watch. She was squirming around on the couch like a little kid who really, really has to use the bathroom. And I agree with the viewer who noted that Dina seemed to find herself very "fascinating." Hats off to Dr. Phil for trying to cobble together some semblance of an interview. And extra kudos for calling her on her misuse of "big words;" the meanings of which she clearly has no understanding. Did anyone else catch Dina say, when explaining why Lindsay was late to the "Georgia Rule" set and/or missed filming altogether, that one of Lindsay's friends had died of Meningitis and thus, Lindsay was desperate to go and talk to her (i.e., the deceased)? What? This is just one example of Dina saying something that was completely illogical and strange. This woman is in such a deep, dark hole -- that she clearly and seemingly happily has dug for herself -- that it doesn't seem she has a chance of climbing out of it. Please, Dr. Phil... don't climb down into this hole again lest you don't mind risking drowning in the stupid.

Replied By: livmad on Sep 21, 2012, 8:16PM
Huge mistake to interview her. It was like a train wreck! I truly feel you gave into rating on this one! Such a loser and a fame whore....can't believe you gave her the platform!!

Replied By: maggiemae1810 on Sep 21, 2012, 7:56AM
She was obviously either drinking or on some type of drug.  In my opinion, she did set the record straight by her actions.  It is no wonder that her daughter has so many issues.

Don't waste your time with that family.  You can't help those that don't want help.

Replied By: debbie2507 on Sep 21, 2012, 6:08AM - In reply to kristilee63
Yes, I got that. I just thought once a court of law says you are the father and must pay child support, anything after that is a moot point. Done deal. Case over. If the man doesn't pay child support, the woman has the option to pursue collection. In fact, I've heard of men losing their drivers license, professional license, income tax refund and even being sent to jail for not paying child support. That's the part I don't understand. I mean the court didn't order child support without paternity testing did it?

Replied By: nabuss on Sep 21, 2012, 4:43AM

I look forward every Monday to watching the Dr Phil show.  This past Monday featuring the Lohans was the biggest waste of my time.   Dina was more interested in being on TV than giving a damn about setting the record straight.  I see why the daughter has problems.

Replied By: tyler1 on Sep 20, 2012, 2:23PM
Well obviously not in that interview.

Poor Lindsey. Her mom's a hot mess. I saw the interview she did with Matt Laur months back. She wasn't truthful on there either.  She was actually sober on that one though.  She never admitted Lindsey had a problem even though she'd been jailed and had been to rehab. 

Yep like Dina said, "Everything is just fine."

Showing 1-10 of total 305 Comments