Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

World-renowned psychic medium and author of the new novel, Fallen Masters, John Edward returns to Dr. Phil to discuss his new book and help connect guests and audience members to loved ones on the other side. First, Jennifer says her husband, Neil, is frantically preparing for the end of the world -- which he believes will happen this December -- and it’s causing a major conflict in their marriage. She says Neil has spent thousands of dollars to stock their home with food, water and ammunition, and has even taken money from their daughters’ college funds. What compelled Neil to start preparing for the worst? And, can John offer insight into Neil’s fear? Then, meet Andrea, who admits that she’s so obsessed with calling psychic hotlines that she’s lost her house, car and more than $50,000. Are there deeper issues at play? John and Dr. Phil work together to help Andrea live in the present world. Plus, 21-year-old Jansen survived the recent mass shooting at an Aurora, Colorado movie theater, but her boyfriend, Jonathan, tragically lost his life. The young woman shares her heartbreaking experience -- and later gets a private reading with John. Can John connect Jansen with her lost love?

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: strine on Oct 9, 2013, 11:21PM
Seems a scam artist was allowed to advertise on TV again.

He never says an uncommon name and I bet plenty of people in that audience had family members with unusual names who have died. Seems he is rather vague and the "rubes" do the explaining for him - e.g. "murky water"- yes drowning is one of the most common causes of death and any type of water could be considered murky. Then the lady said her son was found there...excuse me but I'd think multiple people in that audience would have known someone who drowned in water that could be considered murky (even the bath tub with soap in it is considered murky). So why did only one audiience member say she was linked with it? Coaching? Planted audience members?

Excuse me, but I don't buy it.

Replied By: windstreamer on Apr 17, 2013, 10:30PM
Why can't the Boston Marathon Bombing be predicted and the perpetrators followed by the FBI to catch them in the intent before the bombs go off?

Replied By: meterrylee on Apr 10, 2013, 1:40AM
Last summer my son killed himself after a long life of struggle. I understand why but the lose is great. Since his death it is clear he is here often. I live with 2 other people and the things he does in the house are so often and so clear we all believe even more there is life after death. Often the tv comes on, along with lights, his cologne smell, doors open and shut, the dogs run to him wagging their tails looking at him and then at us as if to say hey he is back. They even try to jump on him. This has become the new normal.

Yesterday we were all sitting at the dining room table and the tv came on. Then the channel changed to the Dr. Phil show. The remote was on the livingroom coffee table. Here in the Netherlands we get shows about 6 months or more after america. We all said hello and were laughing because he chose Dr. Phil and said ok what is it he wants us to learn. It was the part of the show where John Edwards is suppose to read for Ria but he gets a message about a woman in the audience son who died. This message was loud and clear for me. I have been thinking about going to a psychic for a reading so I went on the internet and by coincidence?? I found a workshop for 6 days in a beautiful spiritual retreat here for intensive intuition and medium training. This class is only for next week and it just so happens I have a week vacation next week and no plans. I immediatly made a reservation.This gave me a calmness I have been missing since his passing.

Thank you Dr.Phil and Mr. Edwards for helping my son and me.

Replied By: madtomflint on Jan 6, 2013, 6:47AM - In reply to digitalj
Dr. Phil should bring Darren Brown and John Edward on the same show. If John Edward would even appear...

Replied By: reperez on Dec 3, 2012, 1:37PM
There's a reason that all of these so called television psychics use the exact same techniques and can never be specific about anything they say they are "getting" from the other side.  It's called cold reading.  It's been scamming people for centuries and it works the same way now that it did during the spiritualism movement of the early 20th century.  Orson Welles even does an entertaining explanation about it.  Numerology?  Just a different spin on the same thing.  Penn and Teller also do a wonderful job of debunking it.  Its definitely a talent though, and the people who are best at it use it to make alot of money, but they can no more communicate with the dead than you or I can.  This technique is so textbook you can even learn to do it yourself...with a textbook!  It's no surprise to me that religious people believe in this either. 

Replied By: lostmysoulmate on Sep 24, 2012, 6:21PM - In reply to mrszuzu
YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DR. PHIL HAVE JOHN EDWARDS ON AGAIN AS SOON AS YOU CAN..I BELIEVE HE IS THE REAL THING

Replied By: texhoman on Sep 23, 2012, 1:30PM - In reply to digitalj
Oh ye of little faith. Why dost tho protest so much? Do you not, as a Christian, also talk to people who have died? Fear not the psychics and mediums who have learned to use their 'God given abilities', for we are all created in the image of God... Fear the ignorance of not knowing and of not giving yourself permission to explore. A closed mind can keep a person inside a book and in a past that they were never even a part of! Moving forward and embracing growth, is that not something we should all strive for? Rhetorical question.

Replied By: texhoman on Sep 23, 2012, 1:01PM - In reply to fromthesquare
I don't mean to be disrespectful to the bible or those who believe in every word... I was raised Christian also, however, I will always trust what I know from first hand experience, more than I will trust someone's  interpretation of something they heard, that was written in a book over 2000 years ago and that has since been redone again... I have spoken to my father since he has passed, and also my brother, and I can promise they are as peaceful and as restful on the other side as they choose to be... So 'heavens YES'  I will connect when the opportunity arises.... Just as I do when I talk to God or to Jesus. (-:

Replied By: katmor123 on Sep 23, 2012, 10:08AM - In reply to ilovepugs
Thought he slipped up there. He never says with such certainty a name without asking first. Maybe her "script" had her mentioning her "sons"" name and she forgot but he kept to his script

Replied By: fromthesquare on Sep 22, 2012, 5:26PM - In reply to texhoman
Would you want your loved one to come back from Heaven.  It is not a temporary place it is called ETERNAL REST.

Showing 1-10 of total 128 Comments