Twitter Facebook YouTube

2012 Shows

In 2001, actor Robert Blake went from famous to infamous, when he was accused of killing his wife Bonny Lee Bakley. Though he was acquitted of murder, he was later found liable for her death in a civil trial, and was ordered to pay $15 million to Bakley’s three eldest children. After keeping a low profile for much of the last decade, Blake has recently resurfaced, promoting his memoir, Tales of a Rascal. The 78-year-old Baretta star sits down with Dr. Phil to set the record straight about his reputation and the negative press that surrounds him. Why does he say he was carrying a gun on the night his wife was shot to death? And, what does he believe happened? Blake, who says he’s now broke and alone, opens up about his painful past. Why does he believe his parents wanted him dead -- before he was even born? Plus, don’t miss the actor’s emotional tribute to his 12-year-old daughter, Rosie.

Find out what happened on the show.
Comments
Replied By: margareta8 on Apr 13, 2013, 3:41AM - In reply to uniquelyjewels
Sure... I agree.... but what about all the other animals that are consumed by millions and on the dinner plate of each individual every evening and/or at lunch!! Not to mention, the belts, the shoes millions are wearing, with leather bags and seats in the cars... the list goes on. We do that unconsciously, in the "name of beauty", but it is the same difference.

Replied By: margareta8 on Apr 13, 2013, 3:21AM - In reply to fandv57
It's funny, I commented the same in my text: this was one of the best shows Dr. Phil has done. I soooo agree!!!! He should do more of this kind of shows instead of wasting sooo much time on those family shows with Matry, Aren + 2 girls being pregnant & having all that drama without even listening to his advice. I LOVED this show!!

Replied By: margareta8 on Apr 13, 2013, 2:47AM
I have watched the show just yesterday (here in HOLLAND, we are a bit behind) and I enjoyed it very very much!! Mr. Blake is extremely entertaining, talented, funny, honest and oh-yes, speaks the truth no matter how 'unpopular' that makes him. I respect such people in life. The man who sat there is actually not the man he used to be. He really is sensitive despites all his attempts, trying with all his might.... He is kind-hearted and would love to be LOVED. No matter how famous the interviewer, he stays himself. Authentic. Remember only the GREATEST dares to speak their minds. Just like Michael Jackson, he was ahead of his time with his "strange" outspoken personality & honesty. We all thought that he was crazy. And, NOW we realize how much truth was behind his words. So yes, I would love to see Mr Blake rising again, since everyone deserves a second chance in life!!! So does he. He didn't kill his wife. He is a smart man, com'on now. I loved his song to his daughter & pls remember, you are not yr mistakes. I loved how Dr. Phil let him be himself. Good job!! JAY LENO however, really should learn to find that fine line between being funny or going into mocking ppl. He crosses that line many many many times and becomes rude instead of "funny". And, rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength.... so I agree with Mr. Blake, Jay Leno could become more considerate & respectful. MR. BLAKE, please, SHINE AGAIN, we'd love to see you back on track, back on the screen where you belong!!!!! Speaking the truth, unfortunately, often makes you the 'bad guy' but don't worry about it. Those who have GOOD eyes CAN (& will) SEE. Much respect to you Mr. Blake, pick up your life, believe in yourself, heal, don't think too much, get up & start running again. ~ One of yr best shows Dr. Phil. I am impressed. Thank you. ~ Love from Holland. xxxx

Replied By: strine on Dec 12, 2012, 11:47PM
She may have been a woman with issues, but she didn't deserve to be lured to that car to die. Those two didn't even live together and only married because she negotiated her way into marriage and he wanted shared custody of their child. Still what she did was not a "crime" punishable by death and he should have gone to jail for it.

Replied By: kristil61 on Dec 4, 2012, 5:00PM
To Robert Blake,

I only wish I could be your buddy.  If your'e crazy then so am I...Why does the truth so often make you the bad guy!!!???  You are one of my favorites from way back and I miss seeing you do your stuff.  Keep safe and be well.

Your Friend,
Kristi Lacy  

To Kbinaz,

I think Dr Phil knows what he's doing.  Unlike yourself, he recognizes the difference between, long suffering with justifiable outrage, and insanity.  Noah Blake had his own agenda and alterior motives but Dr. Phil treated him with dignity and respect instead of calling him out.

Replied By: kbinaz on Dec 2, 2012, 10:29AM
I'm not a doctor or psychiatrist, and I'm wondering if it's just me - but it seems quite clear to me that Robert Blake is mentally ill.  I can't believe that Dr. Phil didn't even mention that possibility during the show.  Mr. Blake exhibits so many signs of a person with psychological problems - he's paranoid, delusional (he built a car? He built a gym?) and much of what he says really doesn't make sense.  I know there is really nothing Dr. Phil could do if that was the case, but to not even bring the up the possibility seemed kind of odd.  I'm wondering if Dr. Phil considered the fact there was an issue or if he honestly didn't see it.  The interview with Noah Blake was surreal to me - I felt like the guy was eloquent and lucid and Dr. Phil was defending Robert Blake.  Even with Noah he never broached the subject of mental problems. I don't understand any of it...!

Replied By: yusimite777 on Oct 10, 2012, 6:21PM
I am so happy Dr. Phil put Robert Blake and his story on his show. I feel if it weren't for you Robert would continue to be broken. I am hoping that from your show he will start to heal and he will start getting out to act again. I have so loved watching him over the years. Thank you so much for helping all the people you do.

Replied By: teddybear12345 on Sep 27, 2012, 4:51PM
This is, by far, one of the memorable interviews I have ever seen by Dr. Phil. It showed beyond a doubt in my mind that Robert Blake is an innocent man - albeit a broken man - because that's exactly what he acted like. He's a straight shooter who's been terribly hurt by all those he cared about. The one criticism I would have about the interview is when Dr. Phil negated Robert Blake's comment about Jay Lenno. When you're on top of your game (as is Dr. Phil) people can make all the jokes they want about you but for Jay Lenno to crack jokes about someone who is in solitary confinement accused of a terrible crime, who can't defend themselves and is completely at their mercy is without conscience or morality. How Dr. Phil can possibly defend that kind of behaviour is beyond me (guess it's all a matter of perspective). You really missed the point on this Dr. Phil in my view.    

Replied By: mgarnhart on Sep 27, 2012, 7:06AM
I don't know about the communities feelings regarding Robert Blake but I have been a lifelong fan of his.
He is such a talented actor I never missed a Barretta Show.  As a person Mr. Blake shows how lonely he is and seems to be depressed.  None of us are perfect, none of us can say we have no problems, myself included. I know how it feels to have no friends, I know how it feels to be depressed.  I know how dealing with adult children can drive you insane.  I know how it feels to lose my job.  Robert you are not alone in your feelings.  The one true thing that keeps me going is my 13 year old granddaughter.  If not for her I wouldn't care about what happened to me.  I could go on and on.  I just want to say I respect Mr. Blake for his honesty, his admittance of what he did wrong in his life.  But no one should feel they have no one who cares.  I am sure I am not the only one who will admit that I CARE!  Take care Mr. Blake, there is more to life to be enjoyed.  Keep having those chats with the Lord and  God Bless you.

Replied By: ishshah on Sep 25, 2012, 3:10PM
After listening to the interview with Mr. Blake, my heart went out to him.  There's a sadness and a spirit of despair around him.  As he was talking God spoke this word concerning him; so I hope that you will PLEASE deliver this message to him. 

Jeremiah 29:11 -  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

The evil one he spoke of on his shoulder wanted to destroy you, but God has a plan for your life.  I know that you have been talking to God, but let Him talk back to you and tell you what His plans are for your life.    Even though you earthly family did not want you, God always wanted you.  That's why He spared your life.

Many times God allows us to lose everything so that He can restore everything.  Remember the story of Job.  God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all you can ask or think.  Ask Him and He will tell you His plan for your life.  He has given you another chance.  Continue to seek Him and He will reveal everything you need to know. 

Remember this, God did not teach you to swim in order to allow you to drown.  You're a survivor.  God loves you soooo much Robert.  Draw close to Him and He will draw close to you.  May the words of this song by Kurt Carr bless you:
There were dangers awaiting me\
Destruction was sure to be
But thank God for Angels
That were shielding and protecting
And looking out for me Thank You Lord

The Devil had a plan to kill me, I know
But God intercepted his plan
And told the devil, no
God blocked it
He wouldn't let it be so
No He wouldn't let it be so

Haven't lived a perfect life
Seems I've done wrong more than I've done righT
But thank God for compassion and forgiveness
That kept me from a terrible plight
You see, my life was spinning out of control
The fact that I'm still a live today
Ain't nothing, nothing but a miracle

God blocked it
He wouldn't let it be so
No, He wouldn't let it be so
For I've got work to do
God wouldn't let me die
Because He knew I had work to do
And I've got life to live
There are blessings He want's to give

God blocked it,
He wouldn't let me fall
No, He wouldn't let it be so

Robert Blake, God is bble to keep you from falling.  Trust Him!!!

Showing 1-10 of total 271 Comments