Twitter Facebook YouTube

Vacation Memories

Do you take vacations or “staycations”? What’s your favorite place that you’ve visited? What time of year do you prefer to travel? Do you like to travel alone or with family and friends? Upload a photo from the vacation or “staycation” you enjoyed most!

To upload photos, click the POST COMMENT button and select REPLY WITH PHOTO. Photos must be loaded from a computer. Image upload is not supported on mobile or tablet devices
Comments
Replied By: snobelt16 on Dec 12, 2014, 7:00PM - In reply to tandy153
Your statement that you live and teach differently is honest and interesting.  Wether or not Mrs. Rice invited anyone into her personal problems does not change the fact that her husband knocker her out cold.  If violence is acceptable in domestic issues, where do you draw the line?

Replied By: deewee66 on Nov 1, 2014, 10:50AM
In our 7 1/2 yr marriage, my husband and I have only taken one family vacation. He has 3 sons from a previous marriage, and I've always wanted to take them on a vacation, but we just never had the money. Finally in 2012 we were able to take the boys to the beach for 5 days. It was soooooo much fun! Staycations are OK, but gettting away is the best! :)

Replied By: kaie_xoxo on Oct 24, 2014, 7:33PM - In reply to charlie60
i feel so sad to read about ur experience... don't stop exploring the community, much less exploring the world.. :) 

Replied By: debbiekilton on Oct 16, 2014, 6:57AM
Dr. Phil,  I am getting more and more irritated and appalled of the over abundance of the service men that are on my FB page in the last month.

They are getting better with their English.  But when they have been caught they now get vulgar. 

I am an USAF brat and I know how important it is for a service person to have letters from home etc.  That is i am trying to achieve.

their profile page usually states under "born" says they have left the army.  Tons of army pictures. Some of the names are Matthew Williams, Patrick  Smith, Robert Tyler.  I know you track your guests catfishes down but is there someway I can let the person know their identity  

Replied By: tandy153 on Sep 18, 2014, 7:06PM
Dr Phil u talk about men hurting woman but I think what rothenburg was the worst kind of domestic violence but woman have to understand that men have feeling to she hit him no one talks about that or Pittsburgh steelers qb and what he did but it seems like when they black its always the men wrong we live different and teach different from the rest of the world but if u going to talk the talk from both sides she did not want y'all in it but there y'all is taken us down again like slaves all over again

Replied By: maggy51 on May 30, 2014, 12:59AM
Travel broadens the mind they say, and as I,ve always had itchy feet, I hope I,ve learnt lots along the way. As a factory worker/toilet cleaner/and a middle aged nursing student with two clever daughters to put through college, I,m here to testify that it CAN be done. I,ve saved up for years to go on vacation (no car, no hairdressers, no nails).have been to Australia, Canada, the U.S., France, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Denmark....and I haven,t finished yet.  I,ve just retired, but will only stop moving when I,ve no other option.  It,s a big world ladies....go and take a peek.

Replied By: charlie60 on Apr 23, 2014, 5:23PM
Well I guess I must confess here that the only thing I take is Staycation's. They usually involve my traveling from the bedroom to the bathroom and then on to the livingroom. When I am feeling really wild I sometimes give up my broom for the vaccume cause I love the feel of the wind in my hair. 

Come on...30 years of marriage, 4 girls and a self employed husband never quite lent itself to vacations of any kind, unless you wanna count that one time we drove 3 hours to go to Burger King for a hamburger?

Replied By: mommatoad on Feb 20, 2014, 3:35PM
After years of debating - where should we go??? I finally convinced hubby Mexico might be a good choice. Seems that every place considered had some downfall - cruises were so expensive and seemed plagued with either sickness or mechanical failure. Mexico was up and down due to all the bad publicity about drug cartel - but then we considered how many killings were in the news in our area and we knew that was a lame excuse as we still went to those cities! I have been in Puerto Penasco now for over two weeks and we absolutely love it here. It took some time to drive down, we actually raced a serious weather front with it biting at our heels nearly to the Mexican border! Little wonder so many here were wearing hoodies and coats and this is the sub triopics! But the weather has warmed up never dipping below 70 in the days and maintaining a pleasant 50 at night. The food here has been out of this world - fish taco's to die for!!!! Rocky Point, which is what many call this town, is a well known shrimp/fishing community. Yesterday my husband purchased HUGE shrimp for $9 per pound and a beautiful slab of grouper for $5 a pound. That shrimp was larger than most lobster tails sold at Red Lobster. I am watching Direct TV - just like at home, buying my gas  cheaper, grocieries cheaper - there is now a Sam's club!!! and the people here are so nice... and to think I was afraid to make this trip. and before I forget best darn drinks I've ever had in my life and having worked and lived in Hawaii, that's saying a lot.

Replied By: pugmomma1960 on Jan 17, 2014, 11:46PM
because I live in Kentucky and my 9 y/o  grandson and daughter have been there 10 years.... I cannot afford to go often :-( But I go when I can... they live at Edwards AFB and we like to travel to the beach when I am able to go

Replied By: sixkitten101 on Nov 13, 2013, 5:15PM
I live in the Pacific Northwest our vacations are mostly camping trips, however we do A LOT of day trips, such as day trips to Seattle, Portland and the "US Hwy 101 Loop" All these are beautiful and fun if you like the outdoors.

Showing 1-10 of total 25 Comments