Twitter Facebook YouTube

Whether you're looking for Mr. Right or new to the dating scene, dating has challenges. Are you having difficulty finding “the one” for you? Have you tried online dating? Is your relationship on the rocks because your mate won't commit? Share your stories, experiences and advice.
Replied By: americadaisy on Nov 19, 2015, 12:19PM
My name is Daisy and i need help i am in an unstable relationship my feelings towards him come and go and i honestly dont know how to let go of what we have i dont like hurting poeple what can i do?
Replied By: bonesinadrum on Oct 30, 2015, 6:41PM - In reply to lonestar76
Egg his car tomorrow!

kidding ..... but hope made you smile;-)

Be sure to meet the guy's friends as soon as you can, next time. If he's not into your meeting his friends, he's not into you for more than sleaze.
Replied By: bonesinadrum on Oct 30, 2015, 6:39PM
Younger two turned 18; it's time ......... maybe. I've got an invisible profile on a dating site; not making visible ...... can't find time to study profiles of people who don't shiv a git about me (not social media fan .... okay, am trying but will never do facebook, ugh). Raising them by myself was a wise decision; would not change a thing. Was tough never having one weekend to myself; maybe why didn't date haha. Am scared won't be able to be with another adult. Lived without another adult for thirty years minus few long years married; noone has ever had to help this little lady move any of her appliances. Wondering if any other moms out there waited until the kids were adults before dating and if have any advice. We were broke. No vacations. Scraped for food. Maybe I feel guilty because have time and money to spend on self now? hahahha........ bullpucky ....... there is college for those two, yet. Why am i so scared to date? Get asked out a lot. Thankyou.
Replied By: lonestar76 on Oct 26, 2015, 3:31PM
I met a guy on a dating site who said his wife had died 3 years ago from cancer. We hit it off on the phone and then in person soon after. He talked to me about future plans he wanted with me like marriage and more kids (he has an 8 yr old and I have one who just left for college).  For the three months we dated I did not push the topic of meeting his daughter since I, too, was so protective of my daughter when she was younger. Things seemed great until I got an email from his WIFE asking me who I am. 

He lied to me about everything including his wife's death, having had a vasectomy, and pretty much everything about himself except the fact that he does have a daughter. I offered to confront him with his wife so we could both get answers but she couldn't wait to confront him (which is understandable).  I gave her all of the information about everything trying to help because I knew she wanted answers. Now, I am left without answers and I just cannot get the closure I need to move on past this.

She said she kicked him out but last night his car was in the driveway and I couldn't help but get mad at how he was able to have his cake and eat it too, and how his wife just let it happen!  He said she was dead and yet she let him back home.

Why would a woman do this? I chose to raise my daughter alone to get out of an unfaithful relationship and was not going to stay with someone simply because I had a child with him. My daughter was 2 at the time so much more to do as a single mom than one of an 8 year old. 

What are your thoughts on this? How can I get closure?  I want to contact his wife again and let her know how I feel like she took all the information from me but hasn't given me anything in return to help with my closure.  I wish now that I had never replied to her email and just let her figure it out all herself.  At least with that I could have had my last word with this guy and maybe gotten some of my answers.

Advice? Help?  I am so lost and confused right now.

Thank you.
Replied By: italgina15 on Oct 11, 2015, 10:31AM
Hi, I have been with a man for 4 years  and he has alot of female friends around.  He is an alcholic which runs in the family, smoker has anxiety. nd recently been off work for months now. He has a female friend that was around alot while I was seeing him and Still is.  Question is it appropriate for a married woman who has two kids and is pregnant to talk to her single male friend who is with someone??  Calls all the time and goes to see him all the time? Is it fair to the husband?  2 months she has been hanging around and calling him. Her husband found out and NOW are going through marriage counseling so U think she would stop calling her male friend ??Am I right?  AND now  his ex who he has a child with has been coming around. and leaving notes for him.  YES  apparently  she wrote on his doctor appt. Jay <3 Mel = Frye. and I thought she was there for just the kid seems to me there is something more.  And he tells me he cares for me more than a friend. Oh did i mention he bought me a ring??  Now he says either your my friend or not.  tell me what am I to this man??  I fell in love with this man
Replied By: k3lly239 on Sep 26, 2015, 1:53AM - In reply to jimmyrustled
Good one
Replied By: jimmyrustled on Sep 18, 2015, 10:12AM
I hit my girlfriend today.. wow I feel like such ****. I guess im gonna get picked up by the cops tomorrow, so I figured I would tell you guys what happend.

We were having an argument and she went too far. She made a comment along the lines of "your loser father couldn't keep a relationship together and you can't either!". When I was around 11, my parents got divorced and fought for custody. My dad wanted me and my brother because he genuinely loved us. My mom wanted us just to spite my dad. She won, and my dad kinda lost it over the decades.

This was too far for me. I had never, EVER hit a girl before, but it happened so fast I didn't even know I did it.

Basically, I ****ed my fist back, and flew it straight into her nose. I thought it would be like the movies where she would get a little trickle of blood. It wasn't. Her nose EXPLODED. I think I must of broken a bunch of cartilege or something because blood shot out of both her nostrils, got all over me, got all over the floor.

She staggered backwards, hit her head hard enough on the wall to leave a dent, and slumped down.

We were both stunned for about 10 seconds before she started crying hysterically and ran into my room and locked the door. So I went to wash my hands, and while I was in the bathroom I heard her run out of the house and take off in her car. That was about 5 hours ago so I guess she didn't go the cops or anything. So later I went home and broke down in tears..

My mom came in the room and when she heard about the story she got scared and said your moving with your auntie and uncle in bel air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare
but I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air! I pulled up to a house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby yo, home smell you later! Looked at my kingdom I was finally there to settle my throne as the prince of bel-air!
Replied By: caseyhavner90 on Sep 2, 2015, 1:08AM
I met the Love of my life 3 years ago. I was going through a lot and Mike was the one person who didn't take advantage of me. He was understanding and caring. Thoughtful. 2 years ago we moved in togeather. As friends. Over that period of time we got closer but also moved farther apart. I have always struggled with depression and didn't know how to ask for help. Months went on and one day I woke up and decided things needed to change. I got help. So I could be me again. Anyways after we moved into our new place him and I became a couple. I've never had the connection that I have with him in the bedroom with anyone else. Its every womens dream. To be able to connect as we do. But it feels like we have drifted apart pysically. Four months ago my brother passed away. The last of my direct family. Its pushed me over the edge with my depression. I have no self confidence. Im just confused. Did we disconnect along time ago or is he just being sensitive to me and my feelings. I really dont know any more. Ive read plenty of articles and they all say if you dont have sex it just makes you friends. Is that what we are. Friends?
Replied By: believe100 on Jul 30, 2015, 9:50AM
Hello, I understand the daughter's position but I believe that if the father respects the boundaries of not dating her friends then he can date who he chooses.   Though Jimmy says he is not looking for a serious relationship, love does not know age.  There was 34 years between my mother and father.  Yes, 34 years.   They were married for 4 years before I was born and another 9 after I was born.  To blow your mind even more my dad was 63 when I born!  My male friends consider my dad as their hero or the greatest man ever!  Lol   There is no guarantee that any relationship or marriage will last "til death do us part".  So I believe, regardless of age, if you meet someone that makes you happy, treats you right, and loves you embrace it! As long as no laws or "boundaries" are being broke, do not worry about what others may say. Life is short and everyone deserves happiness.
Replied By: gryphen on Jul 23, 2015, 2:44PM - In reply to dr_duckbutter
She has three options:

1. Abortion

2. Adoption

3. Keep the kid and sue him for support.

There are no other options, just variations of the same thing.

I suggest she make a list of all the pros and on another piece of paper, list the cons. That will help to clarify her choice

Only she can decide which option is best for her.

Showing 1-10 of total 240 Comments