Twitter Facebook YouTube

Dating

Whether you're looking for Mr. Right or new to the dating scene, dating has challenges. Are you having difficulty finding “the one” for you? Have you tried online dating? Is your relationship on the rocks because your mate won't commit? Share your stories, experiences and advice.
Comments
Replied By: doglover50 on Jul 21, 2014, 7:25AM - In reply to fragilenbroken
I don't think whether you are or are not"ugly or fat" has anything to do with anything. That aside, there could be a million reasons why this man did not contact you again. Perhaps your experience was not his experience, perhaps he is  married or already has a girlfriend. Learn to find out what kind of relationship someone wants for real, before you go out with them! Then, you can make sure, before you put so much effort, time and emotional comittment in, if it's right for you. Good Luck!

Replied By: doglover50 on Jul 21, 2014, 7:21AM - In reply to crimsoncowgirl
To the question you asked (Does a man who says he loves a woman let her sleep and live in her car/truck?) In my opinion, NO he does not.

Replied By: june21rose on Jul 7, 2014, 3:32AM
Dating is different at different decades. I never really dated much in my city because I never wanted to settle here. My plan was to move away, as soon as I turned 25 and got my engineering degree. When that happened, most of my female friends at that age were engaged to be married to their current boyfriends. I was about the only one without a boyfriend and alone. My personal compensation for that, I believed, was to leave town and move to a better place where I would have a great career and start dating there and try to meet the right guy. All I knew for a long time, is that the right one was not in my city. Well, my mother put a stop to that. She made sure I never moved away because she needed me to help support her, my father and my siblings financially. So she forced me to live with her and give her some of my money. When I tried to move out into an apartment, she put a stop to that too, and made sure I remained with her, while my sister moved out into the apartment both she and I secretly rented without our mother's knowledge. My name was on the lease, yet my sister and mother plotted together that I would never be allowed to move into the apartment with my sister. So at this point, I was framed into a life with no future. Forced to live with my parents and family to be their cash cow, while my girlfriends all got married and my dream to move away to another place and make my life and find the right man, was completely shattered. This caused me to plummet into a severe depression and lose my engineering job. My mother then, had become my dream killer.

Replied By: crimsoncowgirl on Jul 6, 2014, 9:58PM
I have been with my boyfriend for 3yrs now. We have been through hell and back. But our love for each other has pulled us through every time something smacked us in the face, be it my fault or his. Some of them have been very hurtful and we are still in the healing stages. I do love this man with all my heart soul and body. In fact, I love no other moreso. But without going into details I have developed less trust in him and a little less respect after he put me through something I've yet to pull through. And before that I gave him a reason to lose a little trust in me when I pushed him away. So like I said we have been through severe storms.

Recently I lost my job and havnt been able to find a new one in town. I lived with him for a little while with my dog until his lease ran out and he moved. I was subleasing from a friend until I couldn't afford to rent anymore. fortunately I was offered a great job out of state and I have decided to take it. Weve talked about it and have agreed it's what best for me financially and mentally. The problem is I don't move for 2 weeks for my new job. I have no close and true friends in this town to help me out. So I have been living in my truck for a week now! because of my dog. His pet deposit is a nonrefundable fee of $300. I can understand that a little in the fact that neither one of us can afford that. But I would hope I was worth the risk of getting a pet charge maybe! I doubt they would evict him for that . But my question is , does a man who claims he still loves a woman let her live inside her truck sleeping in hotel parking lots at night and having no where to go to during the day?? Is it me? Or is that selfish ? It's just two weeks! I would do anything for him. I would sacrifice much (as I've done already) for him. I'm hurt and lost for words that he abandons me like this.Does he still love me?

Replied By: fragilenbroken on Jul 3, 2014, 2:46PM
i recently went out on a date with a man i met on Instagram. Before the date, we talked on the phone 2 to 3 hours at a time. we would send random funny pics to each other. we hit it off so well. he's extremely good looking. we made plans to meet for dinner. i wasn't the least bit nervous. we hit it off so well. non stop conversation. we had so much in common. love the same music, same food, both have a huge sweet tooth. it was a dream date for me. i literally pinched myself to see if i was dreaming. he was very much the gentleman. after dinner and dessert, we had drinks and more conversation. i didn't want the evening to end. a walk to his car and a kiss, the evening was perfect. still non stop talking. there was never any moment of awkward silence. we get to my house. he comes in and we have a night cap. we stood out on my balcony, which has the most amazing view, and he rubbed my shoulders and we kissed again. without going into detail, the evening ending on a high note...it was the most amazing date i've ever had in a real long time.

when i walked him to the door, i had asked him, to please give me a text when he got home, let me know he arrived safely. 10 minutes later, i sent him a text thanking him for a wonderful time and i hope we can do it again soon. never got a text. and as of this day, i have never heard from him.

i don't understand what happened. we clicked on so many levels. got along brilliantly. chemistry was unsurpassed. so why the silence? i am not ugly nor fat. i am a good person with a big heart, i go above and beyond. my biggest downfall, i wear my heart on my sleeve.

why does this keeps happening to me? :(

Replied By: mahalkita1127 on Jun 16, 2014, 3:30PM - In reply to outoflove24
Hi Outoflove24,

You are not alone in this world. Only one person who can really tell you the time will come and the person will come  is--God and you have faith in yourself..you will get through with it.. You are not ugly..You are gorgeous and sweet person.. and as far as bieng overwieght you can something about it.it is up to you if you are willing to do it or not.You are not the only one who is dealing with this. However, I've been single for almost 4 yrs. I am happy bieng single, and I am looking for the right person too..Not only that I am overweight but I am doing something about it...I am not too stress about it because life is too short and we only have one life to live...If you need someone to talk to I am here for you...

Replied By: nebraskagirl42 on Jun 12, 2014, 3:58PM
2 years ago i meet guy online..He lived only about 20 miles from me..he was a and  still is friends with my cousin.. He wanted meet me at my home town bar..Well i was getting back from vacation that day it was 9 hour drive for me..So i said no..week later he got a dui and admited on his fb page he got laid and hit a cop and fled from the cops ..he told me he understood if  i dont want talk to him anymore..i took him off after i saw he got laid... lately i thought about him because i thought i was to blame for him getting dui since i didnt meet him when he wanted to meet.. i told him i want us to be friends again,,he saw my pictures and he saw my truck personalized plate.picture . I hadn't heard any texts from him until last Friday  he passed me and texted me said  I passed you i told him it takes me while to trust people because i been burned so bad.i found facebook was a gossip place.. since we both live in small towns..i thought it would be better if we just started getting to know one another without fb and all the distractions with it..i  like my  life private i said to him..the reason why i like it private is because so many gossipers around  where we both live..and i dont want my cousin  to hate him or hate me.. but now i feel like pain in the butt.

Replied By: wingedrunner on Jun 4, 2014, 1:26PM - In reply to outoflove24
I promise you will find someone:)  

I would suggest to start getting busy with new adventures, travel a new place, find meetup groups to make new connections. practive new dicplines. Learn a language and get involved with new activities.  You'll learn about people, enrich yourself while gaining community and along the way Im sure you'll find a best friend.

hope this helps

Replied By: outoflove24 on Jun 2, 2014, 2:07AM
Hi there,

So i just felt like ranting a little bit and thought of letting it all out on here.

I have been single for 6 years next month, i was 18 when i had my last boyfriend and i am now 24.
Being single has not been by choice for most of the time. I just dont know what im doing wrong, i dont think im ugly or disgustingly overweight, im friendly and easy to talk to. I mean i have alot of friends and make friends quite easily, ut i just cant fid someone who is interested in me as anything more.

What am i doing wrong?? And how can i stop this??

I dont want to be alone forever, and im tired of hearing people tell me that my time will come or youll meet someone when its supposed to happen. Everyone who says that hasnt been the one single for 6 years.

Im not saying i want to find the man im going to marry, but id like to find someone who will make me happy for however long hes in my life.

Please help!!

Replied By: kcross427 on May 30, 2014, 10:37AM
I have been an administrator of a singles group for almost eight months.   A friend and I started the group for some old high school friends although we are both married.   I fought with "catfish" type characters on a constant basis to keep their out of our group.  I'm so thankful this show was aired.   These people prey on widows and widowers.  I have become very good at spotting them.   If you are on facebook and they contact you, you can spot them very easily.   Go to about at the top of the page and see if they have posted where they are from.   Also, take a good look at their friend's list.  If they have no friends, beware, they are probably fake.  Also, the pictures are usually of a very good looking man, a professional type photo.   They will write in broken English.   They come on very strong and are very good at romancing woman.   If they think they can't get money out of you, they will try getting you to accept a package for them, which is purchased with a stolen credit card and forwarding it to another address.  They will try anything and everything to use a person.

Showing 1-10 of total 164 Comments