Dating

Whether you're looking for Mr. Right or new to the dating scene, dating has challenges. Are you having difficulty finding “the one” for you? Have you tried online dating? Is your relationship on the rocks because your mate won't commit? Share your stories, experiences and advice.
Comments
Replied By: krasavka on Aug 17, 2016, 12:55PM
My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over three years.  He is a really nice guy and has treated me well, but I have known for some time that this is not the person that I want to spend my life with.  I know that I need to end things with him, but I don't know how to do it without hurting him. He is cluless abot the fact that I am not happy. 

I have met someone else who I feel is a better match for my personality and life goals, and have gone out on a couple of dates with him behind my boyfriend's back.  I am feeling terribly guilty about this and don't know what to do.  

Replied By: sunshine2go on Jun 7, 2016, 10:29AM
Last night I watched the Dr. Phil episode about the three young men who were trying to have sex with as many women as possible. They all proudly stated that they were not looking for relationships, just sex. One young man said that if he sees a girl he wants and she is reluctant, he lies and suggests they will have a relationship so he can get the sex he wants and then move on. While it is great that you showed them the flip side of being responsible, they were not shown the flip side of being emotionally responsible. For a lot of women (including the "nice ones" these guys prefer to target for sex) sex is not a sport seperated from the heart and contained in the sexual organs. You guys are hurting women on a very deep level. There are women who are not connected at the heart either, so I am not suggesting this is only true of men. Anyone who is doing this needs to step back and take a good look. Aside from unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted disease, this type of behavior is deeply damaging at an emotion level.

Replied By: auntyk on Mar 31, 2016, 11:06PM
When I was young I was sexually assaulted.  Then several years ago I stopped late at a store on the way home and when i was in the parking lot, someone came from behind and I was pinned down on my car by a man w  a gun...Years later..and I'm single and would like to date, but part of me gets really freaked out when  a man likes me too much or gets too close. I want to get over that fear and move on with my life but dont know how? suggestions?

Replied By: kraftykat96 on Mar 25, 2016, 7:13PM
Hello,

I'm 19,  turning 20 this year, and I seem to have a problem with dating. I would like to find a boyfriend, but I seem to have no luck finding love. The closest I've ever gotten was a guy I meet online. We never meet because he lived in England. But it only lasted a few months. I've only been asked out by a guy I knew once but had to turn him down because I didn't return his feelings. And all I want is to find a guy who will love me unconditionally and will support me in all that I do. But I just seem to find guys who like my mind but not my body. And I just feel that because I don't have a boyfriend, I'm unattractive, or that I'm just one of the guys. I say thank because I'm a tomboy and have had a crush on a guy but only to be blocked because we were friends. ..... Will someone help me... Please.

Replied By: kristian71 on Feb 24, 2016, 4:51PM - In reply to elsaletitgo
Thats the best way to go,take it slow,there are so many dangers out there, both to women and also, the children,it takes the good judgement of the woman to protect both her and and her children in these circumstances. To live single or even together but at different locations is not a punishment,the least nowdays when the world is what it is.

Replied By: elsaletitgo on Jan 30, 2016, 8:46AM - In reply to jharrison15
Young people today delay getting married and having kids so this is not society doing this - it's your set of friends.  Mean no disrespect but what is a 23 going on 24 yr old guy doing on a Dr Phil website?  No wonder you aren't meeting anyone !!!  Get off the computer, get off this site and go to concerts, shows, play frisbee, join a pickup basketball, soccer team but go out and meet people.   Btw being in a relationship with someone is a long long way to being married.  Nothing wrong with being in a relationship and quite frankly by 24 you should have at least one under your belt.  Good luck.

Replied By: elsaletitgo on Jan 30, 2016, 8:41AM - In reply to bonesinadrum
I waited until my 2 kids were grown up and off to school before dating.  You need to take it slowwwwwww - think of it like training to run a 10K or like riding a bike again - it will take a while to get back into it and feel confident.  There are lots of catfishes and bad people out there so build rules for yourself - mine were no money and no naked pictures - meet only in a public place - only for coffee or something - no more time than 15-30 minutes that way if you don't like them you can leave - tell someone where you are going and when you will be back.  Google for all the information to stay safe and to protect yourself.  

I was on a dating site for about a year - went on 40-50 "coffee" dates that never became 2nd ones - dated one guy for 3 weeks but he wanted to get serious and this is a flag so I ended it - too soon for that - then I met another guy about 8 months later that I liked and we started to date - been 2 years now - we are still dating - he too has kids in college like me - we still live separately but have started to talk about after the kids are finished school and it's our time.  

It can happen but take your time.   There is no rush.  

Good luck !!!

Replied By: jharrison15 on Jan 21, 2016, 8:14AM
I'm Luke. What I don't understand is what has happened to our society. I'm 23 going 24. People my age and I'm sure this is all over our narion, all want to get married and have kids. What happened to going out on Saturday night and partying like its 1985? I hear those where the days. Why are people so urgent to get in a relationship? I'm not. But all I want to know, have people just got that stupid now?

Replied By: tysonmom22 on Jan 11, 2016, 4:24AM - In reply to lonestar76
I understand where youre coming from..I was in similar circumstances except i met him at work. He works with a correctional center and i work at hospital..He was divorced when i met him 8 years ago. We had a on again off again relationship. He claimed he was working 2 jobs and had no time for a relationship.. 2 years ago we got serious but still didnt get to see him alot due to work schedules (his and mine)..Well in April of 2015 he got married,I found out about it from some coworkers and i verified it ...i confronted him and he denied it and said he was set up..Even said the pics i saw were photoshopped..Turns out he had been seeing her for the entire time we were getting serious..Later found out she is pregnant and he told me he had had a vasectomy..To get to your question of closure--simply close it yourself. If he truly wanted you he wouldnt have lied to you and he wouldve have respected you more than he did..I did this and im sitting back watching karma handle him..I understand your wanting answers,but youre not going to get them..He probably just lie to you and disrespect you even more..Just remember Karma will handle him..Be blessed

Replied By: talkytalk on Dec 31, 2015, 1:59AM - In reply to sweb21
Hello,

I feel for you and understand what you are going though. Although , there comes a time when you need to have some boundaries. These people that are abusers are good at what they do. You need to stay strong and know that you are worth more than this. If you are not happy you need to do something about it. There are a lot of resources out there, you may have to get a restraining order. The most important thing is that you have a healthy support system ( someone to talk too) not to complain to but someone who can guide you to help you to make the right decisions. Dont get involved in the talking with this abuser if you really seriously dont want him in your life take the steps you need to legally. That means no talking to him at all this just causes more drama. I will keep you in prayer. I have been though this myself and you seriously wont leave until you are ready so you need to know you will see an end soon. Good Luck and God Bless ... I am so sorry you are going though this. <3

Showing 1-10 of total 251 Comments