Twitter Facebook YouTube

Stay-At-Home Moms

Being able to stay home with your child can be very rewarding, but do you sometimes crave adult interaction? Chat with other SAHMs, share advice, support, tips and ideas, and enjoy a little break from the kids!
Comments
Replied By: mj0ates on Dec 7, 2012, 12:21PM - In reply to jgray007
I completely understand your perspective and at times feel there is no time in the day to take for myself.  That is up until my emotional strength started to plummet. I reached out to my mother and grandmother for advice and they both had some terrific ideas that were realistic and the BEST part~ NO COST!  One of the first suggestions I implemented right away- waking up an hour before my family wakes up. This was sort of a struggle at first, because to me sleep is like GOLD~ precious! After the first week I started to notice that my moods were more stable~meaning I didn't have frequent mood swings and I found that I was actually a happier mommy and wife for my family. During the hour of "you time" you can do anything you want....whatever it is you enjoy you can utilize this free hour to start of the day for "You". For instance, I really enjoy having my cup of coffee, my incense, soft relaxing music, and scripture time. I feel really good that I took this advice and recommend that if you do not already do that in your day, to try it out for at least a week or two.  Additionally, I have 3 children total; one who is in school all day, and two little ones that are with me full time. I find that planning weekly menus and dedicated days for different chores (spread out and not ever on the weekends) I have more time to think about what it is I am doing in the moment and more time to spend on something I need or want. My kids love learning, dancing, singing, and playing~ so in the morning we spend a good chunk doing activities together~after lunches we try to rest and have quiet time. Normally, during "rest time" I can hop online and start homework. I try to use daytime hours to spend on school and that shortens up the amount of night time hours I have to spend doing school. Finding 15 minutes of something you enjoy doing two or three times during the day, waking up an hour early, coupled with a good nights rest adds up to a huge treat I can give to myself that no amount of money can. I know it can be difficult to find "me time" or treat yourself to days of pampering, but you have to develop some new techniques in order to change what it is you do not like. If "you time" is rare and something that you do not give yourself daily~ well, you just will find yourself in the same old "rut". Your happiness is equally as important as your families. Being creative an open minded is just one way to start to make changes. Good luck to you!

Replied By: sharonv2549 on Nov 28, 2012, 8:04PM - In reply to jgray007
jgray007  what U said was 100% true.  U hit the nail on the head.  ty

Replied By: drphilisawesom on Nov 28, 2012, 11:40AM - In reply to jgray007
Well said!

Replied By: jgray007 on Nov 26, 2012, 3:58PM
I love Robin, but how unreal to think that a woman with 10 children can afford anything for herself!  She is crying out for help from her husband and Robin is telling her to "take time for yourself".  Hello!  No offense Robin, but you live a totally different life than us ladies who work full time, and/or go to school full time, keep a house full time, without or without help of any kind.  I could no more afford to get a "pedi or mani" than buy a postage stamp to send my bill off!  I think Robin is far beyond the "I have to clean my house, take a class or go to work, make  three meals for my family."  I love you Robin, and I know your heart is there, but most middle class American women are scrambling to survive.  Take time for yourself?  God Help Us Every Woman!

Showing 1-4 of total 4 Comments