Twitter Facebook YouTube

Adoption

Have you adopted a child or are you considering adoption? Or, were you adopted? Have you fostered a child? Did you place a child for adoption and are you eager to reach out to him or her? Share your stories and support for others.
Comments
Replied By: amazic on Jun 26, 2015, 6:19AM
Is adoption really a bad thing? I am 19 and thinking about giving my child up for adoption if the child is not my boyfriends because if it isn't I was raped and its my rapist's. I'm not looking for sympathy just so everyone knows.

Replied By: crystaltowry83 on Apr 29, 2015, 12:01PM
im trying to find my nieces prescilla lenda gonzalez 9/24/2002 and corrina lynn gonzalez 10/30/2006

their were taken after easter 2009 . their dad was accusted of molesting my daughter the night before easter

so cps advise my sister to leave that part of the county she did then he came to see me and my son was just a couple days old prescilla was so excited to see her cousin well they left my house and i never them again cps took them from the local walmart parking lot anyways i know he did it he got convinted of child molestion wel the girls got taken and the exwife of the predator got my nieces then she had a boyfriend living with her he had got deported so my nieces went to the state foster care its been 6 years i want to find them . my sister thinks one of them is dead and i have searched anywhere but nothing and she thinks that the oldest is living in an instituation psychological institution i keep thinking about the last time she told me i love you aunt crystal you know im alot like you. i use to help her with her homework. please help me find out how i can locate them.

Replied By: smiles7 on Apr 20, 2015, 2:49PM
hi i am looking for my son who was born april 10 1972 in georgia.

Replied By: afinn1977 on Apr 16, 2015, 8:06PM - In reply to cwells031
Yes she is. It takes a very selfless mother with a deep love for her child.

Replied By: afinn1977 on Apr 16, 2015, 7:01PM - In reply to oregonmum
I have never seen a Dr Phil show that gives this idea of foster care.  My husband and I used to foster and have also adopted. Foster care is no place for any child...sorry. there are more abusive homes than good homes. Your home and my home may be an exception to this but I have seen too much happen to kids in foster care that was much worse than what they were removed from. So, foster care is a negative thing, maybe not to you or I because we know that we're in it for the right reasons. For the child in any instance it is a huge change and scary. It is a negative thing because ultimately a family is being pulled apart and a child subjected to another trauma. Because rather they are abused or not, that is the normal they have known and now strangers are taking them away and they are with people they don't know. Whether we agree with how the child is treated that is their known family and should never be made to feel that the people in that family is bad but that the actions they chose to take was bad because that is where they came from. This is their gene pool and if you make their family seem bad to them then they will feel this way about who they are. They system itself is broken at best but, the foster care experience can be a positive influence for the child if they get placed in one of the rare homes that is in it for the right reason.

Replied By: kscann224 on Mar 22, 2015, 3:45PM
I was.adopted at 6 months of age, and I am so tired of hearing other adopted adults blaming their problems on the fact they are adoptef, & don't know who they are. I am the daughter of an FBI agent, a homemaker, & the proud sister of a Boarder Patrol Agent. I am blessed to have been put up for adoption, I was chosen by two wonderful, loving people who wanted to share their life with me, they didnt have to, the wanted to, out of love!! I know exactly who I am & where I come from, my Mom used to read me a poem, " not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but yet somehow miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute you didn't grow under my heart, bur in it". I am so very blessed to have my parents & brother. If I were to meet the woman that gave me up, I.would thank her for giving me the best family anyone could ask for, so when I hear adopted adults blaming adoption for their problems, I just want to say, take responsibility for your own life, &'the choices you make.

Replied By: cmariebrewer75 on Mar 15, 2015, 12:15AM - In reply to elisabetam
I am a 39 year old adoptee whos records were sealed due to it being the 70s. If you have any information on what i could do to find my records i would appreciate it. I am more interested in my medical information than meeting her(leaving that decision up to my biological mother).

Replied By: oregonmum on Jan 21, 2015, 10:01PM
I have done a lot of foster care and have adopted. I am disappointed in how fostering is portrayed on your show. I do it because I love the kids and think they have a right to feeling safe and having someone actually show up for them and care and listen to them. It is often mentioned on your show as a negative thing where children will be mistreated and hurt. I just want to remind you that they end up in foster care because their lives were in danger and the foster home is the safe place for them. Not the other way around. Usually the kids need serious help and instead of criticizing foster care it would be nice to here some real advice on how to manage children that have serious issues and how it takes years maybe most of their lifetimes to get healing in their lives. Foster care and adoption of foster children is extremely difficult and it would be nice if there was some advice on how to get healing for these children and some constructive advice on subjects like how to deal with sabatoge behavior, attachment disorders, violent outbursts, etc.

Replied By: kheron on Sep 12, 2014, 7:55AM
I am watching an older show on TV this morning and watching 3 women on your panel that has adopted a child from another country.  

We right now as a country are fighting to keep immigrants, including small children out of the country yet we seem to think that its okay if we adopt children from other countries by choice.

Women on your panel and all other women that consider adopting needs to take a good look at our own country, USA!  There are alot of children right here in our own backyard that needs to be taken care of.

If I ever decided to adopt, I definitely would adopt from my own country.  I just don't understand why people have to go out of the country to adopt.  

I definitely don't feel sorry for these women on your panel.  Apparently they did not do their homework. 

I truly feel that alot of international adoption is something that is for women/men that just want to say, yes I adopted an international child.  We need to take care of our children in our country!!

Thank you,

Kelly E. Heron

Replied By: brokenheartnes on Aug 21, 2014, 1:21AM
Around two years ago I met a friend via facebook. We will call her Jane. Jane and I really hit it off she was a great friend and had many like life experiences. My husband and I had been talking about adding to our family for sometime.  We are from the central usa and jane from the northern. In January I expressed my desire to have another child to Jane. I didnt feel it wosh for me to carry another pregnancy as my previous had resulted in a micro preemie. Jane almost instantly offered to be our surrogate. In March, my husband and I shipped his sperm to her, where she did a home insemination. Two weeks later we were ecstatic to find Jane was pregnant. At nine weeks we found out it was twins. And at 19 weeks Jane had a cerclage and we found out it was a boy and a girl. We were over the moon. Jane decided at 21.5 weeks to take a job in another state. We were ok with that as we talked everyday and she promised to notify us if anything was even the slight bit off or questionable. We continued to talk everyday for hours and she would always claim the babies to be moving and well. On Wednesday of last week was the last I heard from Jane, only to be told by Janes husband that she had some bleeding and lost the babies two days later. Mind you she was 23.4 weeks. We requested birth/death certificates, anything, any information at all. We have gotten nothing... nothing. We dont even know the day our babies were allegedly born. We dont know at this point whether they made up the whole pregnancy, are still pregnant and plan to sell the babies, or whether the babies really have been born. They will give us nothing. They claim they need a month long cooling off period before they can answer. As well as that they need more and more time. I dont understand why more time is needed to tell the truth. My biggest fear is thatthe babies were born and she refused ttreatment for them and they never felt a second of love while they were here. We will never get to bury our babies, hold them, get pictures. They took that all away. We have contacted a lawyer to get answers but even with the threat of court they have given us no information about our babies once so ever. Our home is so full of stress over this that everyone is on pins and needles. There are so many unanswered questions and we arent sure how to get them. We feel they are requesting more time to be deceptive.  We never pictured our surrogacy and my step parent aadoption ending up this way. Todays show really hit home.

Showing 1-10 of total 246 Comments