Adoption

Have you adopted a child or are you considering adoption? Or, were you adopted? Have you fostered a child? Did you place a child for adoption and are you eager to reach out to him or her? Share your stories and support for others.
Comments
Replied By: valetasue on Oct 24, 2016, 10:52AM
Watched an old show this morning of a young 16 year old who didn't want to give her child up for adoption, yet she had no job, was not preparing. I want to say to young people, please think of adoption. I was adopted myself, then at 20, which I was not a mature 20 year old, I was spoiled, didn't work, I just wasn't ready to take care of me much less a child. So I gave my daughter up for adoption. The hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but it was what was best for her. I always prayed that one day I would be able to meet her and tell her my reasons, being adopted myself helped me to understand the questions she would have, the feelings she would have. I did meet my mother at age 18 and we had a wonderful relationship until her death. And 2 years ago I got my wish and found my daughter, she was 37 years old, I had almost gave up finding her, I later married and had 2 daughters with my husband, but I never kept my first daughter a secret and my husband was wonderful, when he did a mothers ring for me he included my first daughters birthstone. When I met my first daughter, it was lots of tears, lots of questions which I answered honestly. Now after 2 years we are family, her sisters and her get along great, with her family she only had a brother so to have 2 sisters, she loved it. I just want people to know, adoption if your not ready to be a mom is the greatest gift you can give your child.

Replied By: brandie62 on Aug 30, 2016, 9:26AM
My husband and I have been trying to finish an adoption that was started over seven years ago.  Our first attorney just gave us the paperwork and told us to bring it back when all filled out.  Our attorney that we have now refuses to return our phone calls or answer our emails.  Our daughter will turn eight in December.  This was suppose to be an easy family adoptio, not a nightmare.

Replied By: psalm10720 on Feb 19, 2016, 7:58PM
I was adopted at age 3 months and am grateful for the family I was adopted into. I wanted to share my own experience. One component of my adopted family was my parents were old enough to be grandparents. Wonderful people and happy with each other which provided a loving and stable environment. The only thing missing was discussions of things like "feelings, emotions, relationships, sex and other such topics. My parents were born in the late 1910's. I feel privelaged in many ways to have lucked out bit in others I did not have the type of relationship to develop emotional closeness. I started some bad coping ways as a young child because I had no one to talk to about these things and my parents were very "laid back" when it came to discipline. An adopted child starts life with a sense of rejection thinking there is something wrong with them to cause them to be left for adoption. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with adoption or adoptees but it's a natural cause and effect of who an adoptee is. I want to encourage any adopter to develop a close emotional relationship and talk about these different things with your adopted child.

Replied By: kellilensley on Feb 15, 2016, 1:15PM - In reply to amazic
Yes I would love to help you with your decision.  There are tons of loving people in the world that would take care of your child.  Remember you have wonderful options of having an open/closed adoption.  Depending on the state you live in.  Please reach out if you have any questions.

Replied By: kellilensley on Feb 15, 2016, 1:12PM
My husband and I have been foster parents for some time.  I have had to give back 4 children to a system that is not perfect.  Over a year ago we were given the blessing to adopt our foster child.  This was a blessing and answered prayer for us.  I have a strong feeling about your show that aired in my area last week.  I took some time to pray for my response, which was needed.  Dr. Phil I felt you didn't give a fair shake to foster parents.  Believe you me, that there are some foster parents that are in it for the money, and that sickens me.  We do receive a paycheck for taking care of a child, but that doesn't even pay what is needed.  I can't count the many tears I shed over the years handing back a child.  I also had many waken nights, wondering if our little girl would be taken as well.  Media has never given a good light to foster parents, but most of us our out doing this deed with no thank you.  I am not asking for a thank you, just asking that more be done with media to shed light on this issue.  YOU have a wonderful opportunity to shed this said “light”.  I feel for every right minded foster mother.  I have had my little girl for over a year, and there isn't a time that I don't scan every place we go.  There is never a picture of my child online, which I feel people don't realize the issues around parading your child online.  This is hard with family, since most people don't see this as an issue.  I pray every night and thank God for his blessing.  You see we too were unable to have a natural child, adoption was our only choice.  We also didn't have over $40,000 to spend to get a child through adoption.  This was our only course of action.  Please, Please bring more to this issue and cover this topic again.  You have the chance to change the future, one child at a time.  I would love to share my story with you or anyone who will listen.  Of course no pictures of my little girl. You know. ;)

Thank you,

Kelli

Replied By: vixonlady21 on Oct 19, 2015, 3:09PM - In reply to amazic
Yes,I adopted my son many years ago,he was six weeks old when we got him,now in his senior years he has given me 3 lovely grandchildren,lots of pleasure and laughter,and I would do it all over again if I had to do it.

Replied By: amazic on Jun 26, 2015, 6:19AM
Is adoption really a bad thing? I am 19 and thinking about giving my child up for adoption if the child is not my boyfriends because if it isn't I was raped and its my rapist's. I'm not looking for sympathy just so everyone knows.

Replied By: crystaltowry83 on Apr 29, 2015, 12:01PM
im trying to find my nieces prescilla lenda gonzalez 9/24/2002 and corrina lynn gonzalez 10/30/2006

their were taken after easter 2009 . their dad was accusted of molesting my daughter the night before easter

so cps advise my sister to leave that part of the county she did then he came to see me and my son was just a couple days old prescilla was so excited to see her cousin well they left my house and i never them again cps took them from the local walmart parking lot anyways i know he did it he got convinted of child molestion wel the girls got taken and the exwife of the predator got my nieces then she had a boyfriend living with her he had got deported so my nieces went to the state foster care its been 6 years i want to find them . my sister thinks one of them is dead and i have searched anywhere but nothing and she thinks that the oldest is living in an instituation psychological institution i keep thinking about the last time she told me i love you aunt crystal you know im alot like you. i use to help her with her homework. please help me find out how i can locate them.

Replied By: smiles7 on Apr 20, 2015, 2:49PM
hi i am looking for my son who was born april 10 1972 in georgia.

Replied By: afinn1977 on Apr 16, 2015, 8:06PM - In reply to cwells031
Yes she is. It takes a very selfless mother with a deep love for her child.

Showing 1-10 of total 252 Comments