Twitter Facebook YouTube

What works for you when dieting? How do you satisfy your cravings in a healthy way? Has there been one secret to your eating success? What are your tips for eating healthy on a budget? Share your strategies.
Join those following the 20/20 Diet here.
Replied By: andiepie15 on Nov 5, 2015, 11:53PM
Ten years ago I finally made it down to my desired weight of being under 125 pounds!  I celebrate October 22 as my Happy Healthy Birthday!  Now I've lost even more weight, but October 22 will always be a special date for me!  How do I celebrate a happy healthy birthday?  Fresh flowers!  Also, because it's been ten years, I gave myself a birthday card. 

Two things work for me.  I weigh twice a week on Friday and on Monday mornings.  Before I retired, the danger time was weekends.  At work I wasn't surrounded by food.  On the weekends food was readily available. Also, i exercise or at least stretch every day; I've only once in many years.  That time I was on vacation and just plain forgot! 

If I can do this, you can do this, too.

:)  Andiepie17
Replied By: andiepie15 on Sep 26, 2015, 4:58PM
Yesterday I ate too much of the wrong things.  Can't blame it on anybody else because I made the decision to eat the wrong things.  But that was yesterday.  I've heard this called "all or nothing".  You mess up.  Then you tell yourself something like I KNEW I couldn't do it.  Now I've done it, and I might as well give up because I KNEW I COULDN'T DO IT.  This kind of thinking gets you fat.

The thing to do is say to yourself, "I messed up, BUT I can get back to my eating plan this next meal."  As humans, we eat.  So it's not like we can avoid food.  But we can make better decisions.  SO yesterday I messed up, but TODAY I'm back on track.

Replied By: andiepie15 on Sep 9, 2015, 12:16AM
The best way to succeed is to only bring home what you can eat. I'm saying this.  But I know it's not easy.  However, if you have to go out and GET what ever it is you afre craving, at least you have the time to think about it.

SInce i made it to my weight goal almost ten years ago now, I do know of waht i speak.  I have gotten to the point when I can bring ice cream home, and not eat it all in one or two days.  I count this as a success.

The trouble is being human means we need to eat!  :)

Replied By: andiepie15 on Jun 23, 2015, 10:08PM
It can be real hard to change eating habits you've had for a long time.  Unfortunately, we can't just say, "Stop eating!"  Even though I lost the weight a long time ago, I still like to eat... the wrong stuff.  Ice cream, chocolate. 

So, what to do.  What has worked for me is since when I was working the weekend was the dangerous time since I was at home where food was all around, I weghed Friday morning and then Monday morning.  I wrote my weight down on my calender.  I looked at last years' calender to see if I weighed under what I weighed last year at this time. So far, i've always been under. 

This way things do not get out of hand.  If they did, I'd start writing down every thing I ate again; this is what I'd call a food journal.  If you know you'll have to write it down, it makes you really think about what you are eating.

Replied By: kikimoore on May 13, 2015, 9:24PM - In reply to grammapamma
Yes, I have experienced low blood sugar after eating breakfast, frequently, on this diet.  It's really frustrating to me because I love this diet, but I don't like having to eat something to bring my blood sugar up.
Replied By: andiepie15 on Apr 3, 2015, 10:13PM - In reply to ssimpson1
It sure makes it tough to try and get weight off when you are recovering from surgeries.  It does sound like you are feeling much better now.  Congratulations!

Replied By: ssimpson1 on Mar 4, 2015, 1:20PM
I started the diet January 1st and I have lost 16 pounds. I am a mesh survivor and my health has been going down for 3 and half years.  A year ago I flew to UCLA and had my fourth removal and started my healing process.  After a year I stopped doing anymore improving in my condition.  I order the 20/20 book and it has changed my life.  It’s amazing how I feel.  I can say I finally got my life back and enjoying it to the fullest. Thank You Dr Phil! 
Replied By: andiepie15 on Mar 2, 2015, 10:59PM

I'vew been reading through  a few of the postings, and it looks like most of you are having sucess with the 20/20 plan.  Congratutions!  It really is true that when the weight starts coming off, you start feeling better.

To the person who is having trouble exercising, I would suggest "Sit and Be Fit" which is on PBS, I think.  There are exercise videos made for people who have physical limitations.

Replied By: nnolan on Feb 24, 2015, 12:44PM - In reply to mngemini
I was having a terrible time because of arthritic pain in hips and legs, but since losing about twenty pounds the pain is gone. I would suggest maybe using a bicycle to start and at least you can sit while working out. You will be amazed at how much better you will feel after losing a few pounds
Replied By: mngemini on Feb 18, 2015, 12:41PM
I am a 63 yr old woman with severe arthritis in my back/knees and spinal stenosis. I'm about 100 lbs overweight and very limited mobility. If I try to diet I will lose the first water weight and then stall and can get no further. Anyone have any suggestions to overcome this?
Showing 1-10 of total 452 Comments