Twitter Facebook YouTube

Dieting

What works for you when dieting? How do you satisfy your cravings in a healthy way? Has there been one secret to your eating success? What are your tips for eating healthy on a budget? Share your strategies.
Comments
Replied By: fisheram on Dec 13, 2014, 4:43AM
I watch all the time but am starting to get frustrated. I pvr all the episodes and just watched the 20/20 and the most recent eating disorder episode. Although they are both informational, I feel the need to express my annoyance with the constant plugs... For me, it is really taking a toll on the validity of this show as well as my willingness to trust its merit.

Replied By: mysouth1968 on Dec 12, 2014, 5:57PM
I have tried all kinds of diets and read some diet books. Nothing seems to help. also not easy when on a budget. need to lose about 30lbs. age 46. so frustrated.

Replied By: jmswan765 on Dec 11, 2014, 5:23PM
I am on a low residue diet for medical reasons and would like to know if the book 20/20 addresses that, if not how do I alter it to acommidate my diet in order to loose weight?

Replied By: rarafalz on Dec 10, 2014, 5:16PM
What do you do when you are over weight but not morbidly obese?  When you legitimately eat right, exercise daily and still can't seem to lose weight.  I've given up coke for water...seen a dietician...eat zucchini and squash instead of spaghetti...had my hormones tested...walk at least 10,000 steps a day (minimum)..don't eat processed foods. WHAT DO YOU DO NEXT?     I'd love to see a show on that!!

Replied By: swhitecotton on Dec 10, 2014, 9:10AM
A few months ago I sent a message asking about help with staying motivated with weight loss. Last month I received an email from your show about auditioning for the show. I thought about it and realized that I really didn't want be on your show over weight. Please keep in mind I am not a vain person, but just getting the email alone gave me the motivation to get started on my weight loss. Of course I would LOVE to meet you, but I would want to look my best!!! :) I just wanted to thank you and let you know I have started my weight loss journey. I always tape your show and watch it in the mornings while I get ready for work. This morning I ordered your 20/20 book. I will continue with what I am doing and will be starting your program as soon as I get my book. I'M SO EXCITED!!

Replied By: h5tdodjl on Dec 9, 2014, 5:39PM
I watched a show where Dr. Phil talked about this book.  I ordered it the same day. It arrived today and I have already started reading it!  I am so excited about this book.  I will update you on how it all goes.

Replied By: ppurcell on Dec 6, 2014, 3:38PM
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the shows like the dieting show where Dr. Phil helps so many people all at once.  I especially appreciate that he is offering mental/emotional help and not just physical.  I get tired of drug and violent shows (although I know he is helping them as well).  I just get tired so much negativity.  Keep up the good work.

Pam

Replied By: andiepie15 on Dec 5, 2014, 10:31PM - In reply to cathyhod
Good!  When you start losing weight, you will feel so proud of yourself.   And I can tell that already you are physically feeling better!  Keep it up!

:)  Andiepie17

Replied By: cathyhod on Dec 3, 2014, 12:39PM
Just new to me is giving up eating after 4 p.m. except for one 100 calorie healthy snack, usually a yogurt.  I make a large carafe of ice water and have it sitting on my coffee table...no more old fashions.  I have no heartburn now at night which was a huge problem.  I'm not losing weight yet as I just started this new plan about 10 days ago but I definitely noticed I feel better at night, during the night, and in the morning.  Now I have to plan the next little change and stick to it and maybe repeating this pattern will help me reduce my weight.  I'm taking it slow and making livable changes instead of a drastic change.  I have hope!

Replied By: andiepie15 on Dec 3, 2014, 12:03AM
If you watched today's show, you'll see the Dr. Phil has written a second book on weight control.  Some people complain about how he uses the show to push his newest book.  BUT he is a man who knows the subjects he writes about.  And, after all, it IS his show. 

He does know about losing weight.  He does his research, and his advice makes sense.

Make up your mind that you are worth the work it takes.  Make up your mind that it doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you lose weight in a healthy way.  The first thing to do is step on a scale.  I know this is scary.  But the number you will see is your starting point.

Also, put on something that is tight on you now.  For me it was a pair of jeans.  I called that pair of jeans my "truth jeans".  Sometimes when the scale seems "nailed" to a certain number aka a plateau, your truth jeans will show you that you are losing weight even when your not seeing a change in the number.

Make sure you KNOW this will be the LAST time you will need to lose weight.  How do you do that?  You keep track of your weight, and WHEN you get to your goal, you continue weighing yourself so that the weight will not start to creep up again.

This works!

:)  Andiepie17

Showing 1-10 of total 203 Comments