Twitter Facebook YouTube

Dieting

What works for you when dieting? How do you satisfy your cravings in a healthy way? Has there been one secret to your eating success? What are your tips for eating healthy on a budget? Share your strategies.
Comments
Replied By: andiepie15 on Apr 24, 2014, 1:00AM - In reply to mewsmom
I haven't seen any follow up shows, and I also would like to see how these people are doing now.  I think the best way to ask about this is to email Dr. Phil.  You can do that by clicking on Contact Dr Phil.

I'm sure others would like to see how these people are doing, too.

:)  Andiepie17

Replied By: mewsmom on Apr 22, 2014, 2:23PM
Hi,  I'm new to the website and boards so maybe I am in the wrong place.  I have seen some of the old shows on OWN on which very large people have appeared and Dr. Phil has agreed to help them lose weight, but I've never seen any follow-up.  I  used to be a pretty regular watcher, but haven't seen it in quite a while due to a time change in my area.  Anyway, have there been any follow-up shows about these people or is there a place on this website where it talks about former guests?  I specifically remember a show where he had 4 or 5 of his family members on and he was going to help them all out, esp. his nephew (I believe).  The others were all female, as I recall.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Replied By: andiepie15 on Apr 19, 2014, 12:26AM
Please do.  It tells you what you are eating, and what the portions are.  If you are trying to lose weight or maintain a weight loss, this is important information.

Replied By: andiepie15 on Apr 7, 2014, 1:54AM - In reply to snowpanda1
Hi!  Don't know if  Dr. Phil reads these message boards.  You might want to email him through "Contact Dr. Phil" (in the blue strip to the left side of his picture).

Replied By: snowpanda1 on Apr 4, 2014, 6:40PM
I really enjoyed the show with Dr Travis. The Doctor's Diet. Do you have any plans to do a show about Celiac Disease?  

Replied By: andiepie15 on Apr 1, 2014, 4:39PM
Are you stressed, worried, upset, or lonely?  Are you bored?  How can you feel better?  Is your automatic reaction to head for the refrigerator? That's what I used to do.

Now I put on an exercise dvd or vhs tape.  It helps you to focus on something else.  Exercising instead of eating is going to do a lot more for you.  It will probably cheer you up, too.

Give it a try.

Replied By: andiepie15 on Mar 29, 2014, 2:50AM
What do you do when you are bored?  What do you do when you just want a "taste" of something?  What do you do when you are in the kitchen?

First, if you are addicted to food as I am, you know there's no such thing as a "taste".  Dealing with a food addiction is a problem because nobody can do without food.  So what are you going to do to make the refrigerator safer?  I thought you'd never ask.

The answer is you fill it with things that taste good but are low calorie.  This turns you into a label reader.  Low fat is not the same thing as "light".  Also, beware of ingredients on that nutrition label.  Do you really want to be eating things made from stuff that looks like it came from a chemistry set?  Be Aware of portion sizes. 

I'm not saying you can't buy things like sugar free pudding, sugar free whipped cream, and diet soda.  My refrigerator has that stuff in in right now.  But do be careful about what you put in yout body because you don't want to be Wearing it on your scale.

Just sayin'!

Replied By: andiepie15 on Mar 24, 2014, 5:58PM - In reply to wingedrunner
Thanks for your message!

Replied By: wingedrunner on Mar 21, 2014, 3:44PM - In reply to andiepie15
I agree. Wish there was a button for that.

Replied By: andiepie15 on Mar 14, 2014, 9:50PM
I'm not saying you won't  lose weight, but your food plan needs to be something you can continue to do.  Something that is a "quick fix" is not going to help you keep the weight off in the long run.

Also, any pill you can take that says you won't need to change your eating habits or your exercise habits is just costing you money. 

Showing 1-10 of total 173 Comments