Twitter Facebook YouTube

Dieting

What works for you when dieting? How do you satisfy your cravings in a healthy way? Has there been one secret to your eating success? What are your tips for eating healthy on a budget? Share your strategies.
Comments
Replied By: andiepie15 on Nov 11, 2014, 10:02PM
I realize you may have other people living in the house, but if you are the one who buys the groceries, buy healthy food.  If other people want other foods, let that be with their money.  If you get tired of seeing fat kids on the Dr phil show, think of who's buying that food.  It's not too late to turn things around.

:)  Andiepie17

P.S.  I know it isn't easy.

Replied By: andiepie15 on Oct 31, 2014, 1:05AM - In reply to mhishmeh
You are so right!  In order to really be successful a person needs to think in terms of lifestyle.

Replied By: mhishmeh on Oct 30, 2014, 1:42AM
As someone who has lost over  65lbs in the last year, I feel as if it is imperative for anyone trying to lose weight to know the facts. If you plan to simply diet, stop immediately. Diets have failure bulit right into them, because they are temporary. Someone trying to lose weight must be ready to make a lifestyle change, not diet. In order to do so, there is more to do than simply expercise and take in fewer calories. Yes, exercise is vital to LOSING WEIGHT; however, it is equally important to watch food intake. You can exericse all day, but if you do not eat the right kinds of food your efforts will go to waste. Avoiding sugars and fried foods must be learned through time and discipline. Replacing your daily diet with more fruits and vegetables will greatly increase success and promote a healthy life style. Finally, it is important to note that one must aim for progress, not perfection.

Replied By: andiepie15 on Oct 22, 2014, 11:27PM - In reply to leeshal
Hi!  Sorry it took so long for me to see this.  A desire to lose weight unfortunately has to come from within that person.  I hope she realizes that being overweight can lead to a whole bunch of problems.. diabetes, for example.

I have an overweight sister, too.  One time I told her I would hate to lose her at an early age.

Your friend REALLY needs to see a doctor. 

I'm not Dr. Phil.  But I do try to answer questions like this when I can.

Replied By: leeshal on Sep 11, 2014, 2:19PM
A have a dear friend who is overweight and has mobility problems with her knee. I want to encourage her eat more healthier but do not want offend her. She talks about how disgusted she is with her weight and she admits she overeats. Also she is 86 years old. Any suggestions of how I can help her?

Thanks

Sandy

Replied By: andiepie15 on Sep 11, 2014, 12:04AM
Try water!!  Tastes good, and no artificial sweeteners.

Replied By: andiepie15 on Aug 23, 2014, 4:56PM
When you read a nutrition label, look out for sucrose and corn syrup.  Those are other names for sugar.

Replied By: andiepie15 on Aug 16, 2014, 10:11PM
Today a friend of mine told me that if you are having problems with dizzyness, it could be because you aren't eating enough protein.  I'd never heard of this.  Seems worth passing on.

Replied By: andiepie15 on Jul 31, 2014, 3:30PM
I must have seen this on tv.  Take what you are craving and cut it in half.  Eat the half.  Then drink a glass of water.  That should satisfy the craving.  What to do with the other half?  I'd probably throw it away.  Reason:  I'm still dealing with food addiction after all these years.  If I kept that other half, I'd eat it.

Replied By: andiepie15 on Jul 15, 2014, 11:34PM
If you don't want to buy the ice cream bars, then you can use a coffee cup and put your ice cream in that.  That way you do have some portion control.

Showing 1-10 of total 192 Comments