Twitter Facebook YouTube

Dieting

What works for you when dieting? How do you satisfy your cravings in a healthy way? Has there been one secret to your eating success? What are your tips for eating healthy on a budget? Share your strategies.
Comments
Replied By: DrPhilBoard1 on Jan 30, 2015, 8:48AM
Hi everyone!

The producers have asked that we create a message board for those using the 20/20 diet. We encourage everyone on this diet to post their progress stories, photos, goals, favorite recipes, or share support with others. The producers will be reading this message board so start posting!

Here's the link, it can also be found under the WEIGHT category on the main message boards page.

http://community.drphil.com/boards/?EntryID=38666

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Replied By: melody2013 on Jan 30, 2015, 7:20AM - In reply to startliving
Gosh!  You have more willpower than I do.  I have "cheated" more than once.  I'm trying to make do with a handful of raisins, and it helps.  I do believe "sugar addiction" is a hard habit to kick!  Congrats to you as well. Phase 3 is relatively easy...

Replied By: startliving on Jan 30, 2015, 6:53AM - In reply to melody2013
Congrats on your weight loss...that's awesome.  I am an addict when it comes to sweets.  I used to eat some kind of sugary something almost every day....often more than once per day.  One piece just makes me want more.  I know I'm not yet strong or "programmed" enough for the "sensible splurge" Dr. Phil talks about, so I have chosen to stay away from sweets completely for now.   I want to end my obsession with sugar!!  I'm almost at the end of Phase 3 and proud to say that I have not splurged, cheated, or strayed from the plan.  I almost feel that is a bigger accomplishment for me than the number on the scale.  I have never stuck to a diet for this long before now.  I'm not sure if Dr. Phil's words have helped me change my mindset or if it's the quality of the food I'm putting in my body, but it is working!  I'm going to weigh at end of P3 on 2/4 for the moment of truth.  😀

Replied By: cattlequeen15 on Jan 29, 2015, 10:42PM - In reply to melody2013
I have some dark chocolate from skinny cow and I have one piece at the end of dinner and its just perfect

Replied By: cattlequeen15 on Jan 29, 2015, 10:42PM - In reply to melody2013
I have some dark chocolate from skinny cow and I have one piece at the end of dinner and its just perfect

Replied By: melody2013 on Jan 29, 2015, 9:03PM
I'm 8 days into Phase 3 and continue to be so pleased with the results.  I'm down about 14 pounds in total, and have lost almost 4 inches around my waist!  Again, I understand results will not continue at this pace, but gosh!  I sure feel better already.  My knees aren't bothering me nearly so much, and that was the main reason I decided to try this.  It hasn't been too hard thus far.  My biggest issue is after the evening meal when I crave sweets.  Any suggestions??  Keep posting!

Replied By: startliving on Jan 29, 2015, 8:49PM - In reply to cattlequeen15
Yes, I found rye pasta on Amazon and rye flakes at Whole Foods.

Replied By: cattlequeen15 on Jan 29, 2015, 8:12PM - In reply to aeyf49
I could not either so I just got a whole grain pasta and make sure I drink green tea with dinner. But i bet they have it on Amazon i just have not looked yet

Replied By: aeyf49 on Jan 29, 2015, 4:20PM
I cannot find whole grain rye pasta. Can anyone help????

Replied By: cattlequeen15 on Jan 29, 2015, 2:13PM
I sure hope more people find this page and start posting!! would be nice to see before and after pics of some of the people. I'm going to post a new pic at the end of the 3 phases

Showing 1-10 of total 429 Comments