Twitter Facebook YouTube

Dieting

What works for you when dieting? How do you satisfy your cravings in a healthy way? Has there been one secret to your eating success? What are your tips for eating healthy on a budget? Share your strategies.
Join those following the 20/20 Diet here.
Comments
Replied By: ssimpson1 on Mar 4, 2015, 1:20PM
I started the diet January 1st and I have lost 16 pounds. I am a mesh survivor and my health has been going down for 3 and half years.  A year ago I flew to UCLA and had my fourth removal and started my healing process.  After a year I stopped doing anymore improving in my condition.  I order the 20/20 book and it has changed my life.  It’s amazing how I feel.  I can say I finally got my life back and enjoying it to the fullest. Thank You Dr Phil! 

Replied By: andiepie15 on Mar 2, 2015, 10:59PM
Hi!

I'vew been reading through  a few of the postings, and it looks like most of you are having sucess with the 20/20 plan.  Congratutions!  It really is true that when the weight starts coming off, you start feeling better.

To the person who is having trouble exercising, I would suggest "Sit and Be Fit" which is on PBS, I think.  There are exercise videos made for people who have physical limitations.

:)  Andiepie17

Replied By: nnolan on Feb 24, 2015, 12:44PM - In reply to mngemini
I was having a terrible time because of arthritic pain in hips and legs, but since losing about twenty pounds the pain is gone. I would suggest maybe using a bicycle to start and at least you can sit while working out. You will be amazed at how much better you will feel after losing a few pounds

Replied By: mngemini on Feb 18, 2015, 12:41PM
I am a 63 yr old woman with severe arthritis in my back/knees and spinal stenosis. I'm about 100 lbs overweight and very limited mobility. If I try to diet I will lose the first water weight and then stall and can get no further. Anyone have any suggestions to overcome this?

Replied By: diana50 on Feb 12, 2015, 11:46AM - In reply to melody2013
I too have a craving after dinner ofcourse that was when I would normally have cookies or candy I now grab a few walnuts or almonds and find that it does help to overcome that sweet craving...I have been on this diet for 30 days, lost only 10 pounds but I feel great..no acid reflux...more energy...have not quite mastered changing the recipes but am working on that now...Good Luck

Replied By: nnolan on Feb 12, 2015, 7:27AM
I am down 13 pounds as of this morning. I plan on having a nice Valentine dinner and jump back on my plan the next day

Replied By: nnolan on Feb 10, 2015, 6:19AM - In reply to melody2013
I have actually used a little stevia and have been fine

Replied By: nnolan on Feb 10, 2015, 6:17AM - In reply to cbreshears053
The whole grain mustard is much easier. I have found that I have made a few changes and have done fine. I have added a little stevia to yogurt and that hasn't affected anything. I also have had a cup of black coffee on occasion.

Replied By: qq22325 on Feb 9, 2015, 8:03AM
I bought Dr Phil's 20 20 Diet Book but I can't get the 20 20 App. Please help.

Replied By: dawnfla6aa2 on Feb 6, 2015, 10:26PM - In reply to nnolan
Don't get dicourage about small weight loss. I lost 2 lbs during the first phase and 2 lbs during the second phase. I'm 5'7 and was 170 so I'm considered overweight but I only want to loss about 15 lbs because I have chronic low back pain and hope this will help. Slow weight loss is easier to maintain so keep going and stay strong.

Showing 1-10 of total 446 Comments