Twitter Facebook YouTube

Dieting

What works for you when dieting? How do you satisfy your cravings in a healthy way? Has there been one secret to your eating success? What are your tips for eating healthy on a budget? Share your strategies.
Comments
Replied By: andiepie15 on Jul 15, 2014, 11:34PM
If you don't want to buy the ice cream bars, then you can use a coffee cup and put your ice cream in that.  That way you do have some portion control.

:)  Andiepie17

Replied By: andiepie15 on Jul 1, 2014, 9:24PM
Okay, I love ice ceam.  So I look for low calorie versions of it.  The best thing to do really is to buy diet ice cream bars or ice cream sandwiches.  That way you can't fool yourslelf about what size portion you're eating.  Not all diet ice cream is created equal.  So try out the different types and decide for yourself what you like the best.  Also, some of the store brands are actually pretty good and cost less.  So don't be afraid of a store brand.

:)  andiepie17

Replied By: andiepie15 on Jun 17, 2014, 11:29PM - In reply to andiepie15
I have heard that food packaging is about to change in a positive way.  The portion sizes will be more realistic.  If you've ever looked a packaged cookie and seen something like a calorie count for a third of the cookie, you'll know what I mean.  So I hope it's not just a rumor that there will be more reasonable statement of what the size of a portion is.  How many people do you know who will eat one third of a packaged cookie no matter how big that cookie is?  Not me.

Replied By: andiepie15 on Jun 7, 2014, 2:20PM
Have you notice how often this has come up on tv or on the internet lately?  I think we can all recognize that a bad habit can be easier to get rid of than an addiction.  Nobody goes to bad habit rehabiliation; nope!  They go to addiction rehabiltation.

So, if you are thinking, why is andiepie writing about this, it's because I've broken some bad habits in the past.  But I'm still working with my food addicition.

Every day that I can look at what I've eaten during the day and say that I made good choices shows that I am conquering my food addiction.  That's a good reason for food journals; I used to keep them until I got down to my weight goal.  Now, it's a good habit to eat the way I did to get the weight off.  So I don't keep food journals anymore.  If I started gaining weight, I would start food jounaling again.

Bad habits are things I stopped doing years ago; they are things I don't have to do every day.  But food is something we all NEED; that, to me, is what makes the difference. 

Do you agree or disagree?  If you do, please post your comment.

Replied By: andiepie15 on May 26, 2014, 4:31PM
you don't need to change anything if you take this pill or buy this equipment, you'll lose something...  MONEY!  It just doesn't work that way.  There is nothing magic about it.  If you are thinking a surgery will fix ererything, it doesn't.  If you change nothing after that surgery, you'll lose something...  MONEY!

I KNOW losing weight is not easy.  I've been up and down the scale A LOT.  I used to have a variety of sizes of clothing in my closet to prove it.

So what does work.  Fewer calories + more exercise=weight loss  I know this doesn't work for everybody, but it does work for most.  Make those calories out of healthy choices.  Exercise, but don't be a weekend warrior.  Exercise some every day.  See, I just saved you a lot of money.

Andiepie17

Replied By: andiepie15 on May 17, 2014, 3:49PM - In reply to wingedrunner
I sure hope she reads your "reply".  It's very important to find those things out.

Replied By: wingedrunner on May 14, 2014, 2:53AM - In reply to carriehughes
Have you had your thyroid and hormones checked? Your thyroid needs to be fed properly and can really mess with your weight, moods, and energy levels if its not happy. Just a thought.  Here is a great site to ask Dr. Frahm some questions if need be. He answers very thourougly...and is kind of a nut about the thyroid but it makes sense! https://www.healthquarters.org/

Replied By: andiepie15 on May 14, 2014, 12:13AM - In reply to carriehughes
My daughter-in-law had problems with hers, too.  I'm glad you are seeing someone else.  Hopefully, they will be able to help you.

Replied By: carriehughes on May 10, 2014, 7:25AM
I am brand new to the Dr. Phil website, and this is my first attempt at writing anything.  I am 65, diabetic and I have chronic pancreatitis.  My doctor recommend weight loss surgery in 2012, and I had a lap band put in.  I did okay for a while, but through stretching it, throwing up, coughing, etc., the band does not appear to be working positively.  I have gained about 20 pounds in the last year.  My husband and I live in an RV, as we recently left an RV Ministry we had served for 8 years.  I am finally getting ready to see another bariatric surgeon, and hopefully, he will invest some time and energy in me.  I love the low carb regimentation, but with living in an RV, not working, being overweight, my eating habits have become awful!  I guess I'm just wanting to vent since I haven't been able to do that in a long time.  I hope they can fix my lap band because without it, the diabetes goes out of control.  Thanks for listening, and I hope I get some motivation through the Dr. Phil Show!

Replied By: andiepie15 on May 3, 2014, 2:16AM
Sugar.  I'll admir that all blueberries I've had are not that sweet sometimes, but what is sugar doing in a package of dried blueberries.

Showing 1-10 of total 183 Comments